The Quarterback Debate, Whose #3? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Quarterback Debate, Whose #3?

Impressive looking PRO prospect for sure.

Interesting The Draft Network doesn't even have the kid listed.

Nice size. Live arm. Dude can run.

Seems projected around R4 right?
2 weeks ago, Ridder single handedly won a come from behind game against ECU in the forth quarter. He's a leader. If you get a chance look to see if there is anything online you can watch.

Impressive looking PRO prospect for sure.

Interesting The Draft Network doesn't even have the kid listed.

Nice size. Live arm. Dude can run.

Seems projected around R4 right?

I didn't rank the guy my #5 draft eligible QB before the season started because I thought he projects to the 4th round.

He's got R1 potential. I haven't really scrubbed through a half dozen of his games this year like I have some of the others, just because it seemed unlikely he'd come out so early. But I might have to.

2 weeks ago, Ridder single handedly won a come from behind game against ECU in the forth quarter. He's a leader. If you get a chance look to see if there is anything online you can watch.

Very true. Watched that game. And he is that...a LEADER. He gives me Andrew Luck vibes.

Very true. Watched that game. And he is that...a LEADER. He gives me Andrew Luck vibes.
I hope he declares. Especially, now that the Dolphins are beginning to potentially slip to the 5-10 range in the upcoming draft.

Reality is the Dolphins probably won't be looking at him. If he comes out I suspect he'll catch a lot of teams off guard and that alone could drop him into R2.

But I like him.

Mike Tannenbaum scouted Justin Herbert several times last season and Miami apparently had scouts at several of his games this year. Even Chris Grier was in attendance at one of Herbert's games this season. I'm not sure of how the current F/O views Herbert. But I do believe Tannenbaum would draft him. To me from I've been able to learn about the current F/O, they view a QB for his ability to read a defense, pre and post snap. Jake Fromm for what he does behind center is the QB I think would be very highly thought of by the guys running things now. Jordan Love is the one QB, who I think can be coached by this staff into becoming a highly effective Pro.

I only have Burrow in front of Tua because the injury scares me. Tua has had 2 surgeries already or do I have that info wrong?

We'll be in position to draft 1 of the top 3. We're gravy, baby.

And I don't believe in trading down for your QB. If Eason is your guy, don't play games. Don't allow someone to jump in front of you and steal him away. You have two other 1st to haggle with if you want to acquire extra picks for this/next year.
My thoughts on Tua as well. Plus, if he's injured you most likely have a righthanded quarterback as the backup. Not a seamless change.

Without the injuries I'd put Tua first.

Tua first, Herbert and Burrow are second.

Fromm isn't even on my list for the Fins. There is zero chance this guy becomes a franchise QB that we can build around for years to come. Fins need to go for the home run at QB and draft a high ceiling player.

It's unfortunate that Tua seems out of reach now, but if the Dolphins grade the next 3 QBs after Tua the same, then they could go 6-10 and get their guy.
See this is what I don't understand. Tua may not be the 1st QB selected. I could see the Bengals picking Burrow. Even at 6-10 which could bring us as high as 7 in the draft order Tua is not out of reach. It depends on who is ahead of us. If we pick at 8 and Bengals, Redskins, Browns, Jets, Giants, Arizona are ahead of us either Tua or Burrow could fall all the way to 7 (depending on the Bengals).
Right now we are 4. If that would stay this way and Bengals pick Burrow then Tua is still a possibility. Neither Washington nor the Giants will spend their top pick on a QB. They'll give Haskins and Jones a full year next year.

See this is what I don't understand. Tua may not be the 1st QB selected. I could see the Bengals picking Burrow. Even at 6-10 which could bring us as high as 7 in the draft order Tua is not out of reach. It depends on who is ahead of us. If we pick at 8 and Bengals, Redskins, Browns, Jets, Giants, Arizona are ahead of us either Tua or Burrow could fall all the way to 7 (depending on the Bengals).
Right now we are 4. If that would stay this way and Bengals pick Burrow then Tua is still a possibility. Neither Washington nor the Giants will spend their top pick on a QB. They'll give Haskins and Jones a full year next year.

Anything is possible. It's the Bengals, and the draft is unpredictable. They could take Chase with the first pick and trade up for Love later. Gotta let it unfold.

I doubt we're 4th at the end of the year though. Most likely somewhere in the top 10. I see 5 games they could win, but Fitz is still prone to have a bad game or two. 5-11 or 6-10 is likely imo. Still within reach of grabbing a QB.

I'm rooting for the rapid progression of Haskins and Danny "Fckin" Dimes. I want them to give their organizations enough confidence to not pull an Arizona and draft another QB...all while losing enough games to stay within range of a good trade up. *fingers crossed.*

Btw, if they do go 6-10, Flores better get coach of the year.

the nice thing is, while there will be QB hungry teams, there is enough QB talent in this draft that many of these teams might be waiting for the BQA (best QB available) to land in their laps.

Right now we are 4. If that would stay this way and Bengals pick Burrow then Tua is still a possibility. Neither Washington nor the Giants will spend their top pick on a QB. They'll give Haskins and Jones a full year next year..
Except that teams needing quarterbacks could trade in front of Miami.

the nice thing is, while there will be QB hungry teams, there is enough QB talent in this draft that many of these teams might be waiting for the BQA (best QB available) to land in their laps.
I like this quarterback class. Burrow kind of came out of nowhere, but he looks nearly flawless in that LSU offense. Tua's only negative appears to be the injuries. Fromm is a little underrated because he doesn't have the athletic ability of some of the others, but he's smart and accurate which could play well in the right system. Herbert is scary good at times. Plus I like Eason and Love. Both are likely to go higher than expected.

Back
Top Bottom