The Raiders? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Raiders?

Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
You guys need to learn how to win on the road, it's a mental thing, and Wanny has to break down that wall

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. A good critical point. I support it 100%.

However, your logic IS flawed reg. the Raider games (and I'm pointing this out to help - not to argue - just consider the possibilities, first):

You cannot, cannot, cannot go back in hindsight and say "oh, well, but that game didn't "end up" having any significance). That's absurd. Of course it didn't matter... because we WON it!

The victory against the Raiders made us either the #1 or #2 seed going into the playoffs, at that time. Moreover, consider that a LOSS to the Raiders (another AFC opponent that was ALSO vying for a playoff spot - possibly a VERY limited wildcard - because they had plenty of competition from KC and Denver at the time for the AFC West crown)... whew!... anywayz, a loss would have put us in a really BAD situation... at 8-6. Consider that.

So the game DID matter, AT THE TIME... BIG TIME. In a sense, it was exactly like a playoff game... much as the games against Minn. and NE were, too. Yes, I am contending that ALL THREE games should be viewed as "playoff" type games - less so the Minn. game, though, because it was an NFC opponent.

And what does the fact that winning the playoff match with the Raiders and getting us "to the AFC Championship for the first time in 10 years" have to do with anything? It could be 100 years since you last made the AFC Championship game... who cares? For that matter, some teams have never even gotten to the Conf. Championship. So what? Does a long absense make a team's desire/goal of reaching the Championship any more poignant? Why?

If you can prove that then you pick the #'s and I'll buy us a LOTTO ticket for this week's Florida Lotto (75 million!).

Also, please don't belittle the Raiders of 2002, much less the victory over them. They were on a FIVE GAME winning streak and that loss to us was their ONLY LOSS in... COUNT 'EM... 10 games... before they finally lost to Tampa (a team similar to our own, defensively) in the SB.

So yes... (as you said)...

"The Dolphins came off 2 straight wins, were 9-5, #1 in the AFC, and completely choked down the straetch... you guys win (EITHER ONE OF) those last 2 games and you end up in the superbowl most likely."

A much more critical and interesting debate is WHY did we lose those two games and HOW has the team addressed those problems so far in 2003.

I'd let go of insisting that the Raider playoff loss... TWO YEARS AGO... has ANY real significance (different players, star RB now, MUUUUCH better OC, etc). And I, at least, would consider the POSSIBILITY that the victory against the Raiders last year was, at the very least, of "some" import. I mean, really, just go ask them.

I'm done with this. Got to get some work done.

But, seriously, look for arguments/points that have SOME LEGS to support themselves with. Good points support themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

defending the raiders?...no, more like, telling you like it is...The Raiders beat you in the only game that has mattered the last few seasons....if im wrong, prove it please...
btw, that is why i'm not on my own board...who wants to sit around and talk about how great their team's gonna be, and have everyone agree like a bunch of mindless zombies?...happens here, at billszone, ganggreen....everywhere...i just prefer an opposing board because i get a rise out of people like you;)

I think Circle has to lay off the viagara, first it's impotence, and then out of jealousy he trys to get a rise out of us. Man oh Man. :lol: :jk: circle.

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

The victory against the Raiders made us either the #1 or #2 seed going into the playoffs, at that time. Moreover, consider that a LOSS to the Raiders (another AFC opponent that was ALSO vying for a playoff spot - possibly a VERY limited wildcard - because they had plenty of competition from KC and Denver at the time for the AFC West crown)... whew!... anywayz, a loss would have put us in a really BAD situation... at 8-6. Consider that.

So the game DID matter, AT THE TIME... BIG TIME. In a sense, it was exactly like a playoff game... much as the games against Minn. and NE were, too. Yes, I am contending that ALL THREE games should be viewed as "playoff" type games - less so the Minn. game, though, because it was an NFC opponent.

One Point about the Raider victory people have failed to mention, if for nothing else it kept the Fis from being in the basement of the AFC East, Man it's bad enough that we have to deal with the fact that the Bills Swept the Fins last year but to wind up behind them in the standings too......... Justafan, Tatonka and Circle really would have made things miserable. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

One Point about the Raider victory people have failed to mention, if for nothing else it kept the Fis from being in the basement of the AFC East, Man it's bad enough that we have to deal with the fact that the Bills Swept the Fins last year but to wind up behind them in the standings too......... Justafan, Tatonka and Circle really would have made things miserable. :lol:
we aim to please;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

we aim to please;)

Well if you (as a Bills fan) aim to please then I guess I'm safe becaue I'm sure your shot will be WIDE RIGHT :roflmao: :jk:

The proceding statement is not intended as smack, any similarity to the statement and actual smack is pure coincidence and nothing more

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Well if you (as a Bills fan) aim to please then I guess I'm safe becaue I'm sure your shot will be WIDE RIGHT :roflmao: :jk:

The proceding statement is not intended as smack, any similarity to the statement and actual smack is pure coincidence and nothing more
that was cold:lol:

I have a mag Anthelm saying Pitsburgh vs. Eagle in SB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

I crown this post by brother Phinphreak to be Post of the Thread. Never has a post come along within this thread that has so much tact, quick wittingness (its a word, maybe) and best of all, slapping a Bills fan around. I dub thee Phinphreak, KING OF THIS THREAD!

:hail: phinphreak

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. A good critical point. I support it 100%.

However, your logic IS flawed reg. the Raider games (and I'm pointing this out to help - not to argue - just consider the possibilities, first):

You cannot, cannot, cannot go back in hindsight and say "oh, well, but that game didn't "end up" having any significance). That's absurd. Of course it didn't matter... because we WON it!

And what does the fact that winning the playoff match with the Raiders and getting us "to the AFC Championship for the first time in 10 years" have to do with anything? It could be 100 years since you last made the AFC Championship game... who cares? For that matter, some teams have never even gotten to the Conf. Championship. So what? Does a long absense make a team's desire/goal of reaching the Championship any more poignant? Why?

If you can prove that then you pick the #'s and I'll buy us a LOTTO ticket for this week's Florida Lotto (75 million!).

Also, please don't belittle the Raiders of 2002, much less the victory over them. They were on a FIVE GAME winning streak and that loss to us was their ONLY LOSS in... COUNT 'EM... 10 games... before they finally lost to Tampa (a team similar to our own, defensively) in the SB.

So yes... (as you said)...

"The Dolphins came off 2 straight wins, were 9-5, #1 in the AFC, and completely choked down the straetch... you guys win (EITHER ONE OF) those last 2 games and you end up in the superbowl most likely."

A much more critical and interesting debate is WHY did we lose those two games and HOW has the team addressed those problems so far in 2003.

I'd let go of insisting that the Raider playoff loss... TWO YEARS AGO... has ANY real significance (different players, star RB now, MUUUUCH better OC, etc). And I, at least, would consider the POSSIBILITY that the victory against the Raiders last year was, at the very least, of "some" import. I mean, really, just go ask them.

I'm done with this. Got to get some work done.

But, seriously, look for arguments/points that have SOME LEGS to support themselves with. Good points support themselves.

Excellent post -81- !!!

So good, in fact, that CW has skipped right by it and responded to the "smack" instead of this one!! :up: Great job!

notice the word smack is in quotation marks

wharf, you disabled my access to the main forum:confused: ...what's wrong, was reality a little too much for you all to handle?:lol:

wharf, you disabled my access to the main forum:confused: ...what's wrong, was reality a little too much for you all to handle?:lol:

:lol::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom