The Raiders? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Raiders?

Originally posted by Samphin
Funny how you like to look into the past only when it suits your argument. Sounds like someone still has some healing to do from the early nineties.

Anyhow, enough with the past tomfoolery. I, for one have not seen your predictions, how do you see the Bills doing this season?
I said in a previous thread(i believe it was "what games will the Dolphins lose", that i think the fins will go 11-5 winning the east, and Bills will go 10-6 with wildcard

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
CW, very good points, sometimes the truth hurts, you haven't come close to smack in this thread, but you have touch nerves, it's a fine line between feelings of wanting joy and knowing the truth. We haven't gotten the job done with the talented teams we've had. That's not smack, that's fact. We've beaten the last 3 ACF Champs in regular season, only to watch those teams go on to the super bowl, while we sit at home with a more talented team...It sucks, and every time you remind us, it hurts more...That the reality of your comments and why their seen as smack. Sometimes we have to step back and realize that we haven't done anything in awhile and until our team gets us out of this funk, we'll have be able to take the truth as it is, and not charge everyone who makes us face the truth as smack talkers. BTW..0-4 in 4 straight tries is a little tough don't you think, as you can see we feel your pain too.
honestly, you guys aren't going to believe me, but i only feel pain for the Giant one...the other ones we were blown out by far superior teams, the Giant game was winnable, and the way we lost, was unbearable

Every year we don't go to the big dance is unbearable, knowing we have a good team.

Last 3 AFC Champs? Try 5. Denver (though we did lose in the playoffs), Tennesse, Baltimore, New England, and Oakland

Wagon boy seems like the Indians stuck something sharp a little too high. Your defending the Raiders? All I can say is you are just writing to piss us off.

Second of all this is a Dolphins board offcourse we should have optimism of the coming season. Look at your Jilly boards!!! SB SB SB that is all I can ever see and we do not flood Jill boards.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
We've beaten the last 3 ACF Champs in regular season,

More than that bro... Miami beat the Raiders last year, they went to the SB.. Miami beat the Patriots in 2001 and Pats WON SB.. Miami Beat Baltimore in 2000 and Baltimore won the SB.. Miami beat the Titans and they went to SB in 1999.. Miami beat Denver in week 16 and Denver won the SB in that year..
The last 5 representatives for the AFC in the SB were beat by Miami in the Reg. season in their respective years.. Miami had the talent.. I've been keeping track of all this back when Balti won the SB.. If Miami does not go to the SuperBowl this year, a team that Miami beats in reg. season from AFC will... Last 5 years have proven right so far.. :lol:

Originally posted by Jaj
Wagon boy seems like the Indians stuck something sharp a little too high. Your defending the Raiders? All I can say is you are just writing to piss us off.

Second of all this is a Dolphins board offcourse we should have optimism of the coming season. Look at your Jilly boards!!! SB SB SB that is all I can ever see and we do not flood Jill boards.
defending the raiders?...no, more like, telling you like it is...The Raiders beat you in the only game that has mattered the last few seasons....if im wrong, prove it please...
btw, that is why i'm not on my own board...who wants to sit around and talk about how great their team's gonna be, and have everyone agree like a bunch of mindless zombies?...happens here, at billszone, ganggreen....everywhere...i just prefer an opposing board because i get a rise out of people like you;)

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Last 3 AFC Champs? Try 5. Denver (though we did lose in the playoffs), Tennesse, Baltimore, New England, and Oakland

Sorry bro.. looks as if though I copied what you said.. but I wrote this as soon as I read MDFINFANS post..

Let the "Experts" pick who they want. The Phins just have to go out and do it. It's the only way to shut people up.

Having been a "lurker" for a while, it would appear as though CW just like to "stir the pot" to get a rise out of you guys. He's the voice of adversity and he is usually accepted as such until he hits a nerve. Kinda like a dentist.... you know he is the enemy and that makes him a necessary equalizer... until he hits that nerve!
Truth be told... you all agreed that past teams don't dictate the future....any given sunday.

just my .02

Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
...i just prefer an opposing board because i get a rise out of people like you;)

Saying stuff SIMPLY for the sake of getting a rise is considered smack, imo. Such as... suggesting that last year's victory over the Raiders somehow carries less weight because we lost a playoff game to them TWO YEARS AGO! :rolleyes:

C'mon! Forgive me, but that "logic"... is just plain stupid.

Moreover, you're TOTALLY barking up the wrong tree IF what you want is to criticize the 'Phins. Seriously, talk about the Minn. game or the NE game. What killed us in those two games more than anything else was the COACHING and strategy. There are other areas to comment on in those games, too... "special" teams, our nickel and dime coverages, lack of killer instinct, etc.

CW, I'm not criticizing you. I would only suggest (challenge) you... criticize the 'Fins... a little more... critically. Point out stuff that really has some legs to it.

Thanks!

:)

Re: Hmmm... but that's just it.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Saying stuff SIMPLY for the sake of getting a rise is considered smack, imo. Such as... suggesting that last year's victory over the Raiders somehow carries less weight because we lost a playoff game to them TWO YEARS AGO! :rolleyes:

C'mon! Forgive me, but that "logic"... is just plain stupid.

Moreover, you're TOTALLY barking up the wrong tree IF what you want is to criticize the 'Phins. Seriously, talk about the Minn. game or the NE game. What killed us in those two games more than anything else was the COACHING and strategy. There are other areas to comment on in those games, too... "special" teams, our nickel and dime coverages, lack of killer instinct, etc.

CW, I'm not criticizing you. I would only suggest (challenge) you... criticize the 'Fins... a little more... critically. Point out stuff that really has some legs to it.

Thanks!

:)
so, comparing a regular season win(that ended up having no significance) to a playoff game that could have got you to the AFC Championship game for the first time in 10 years..is illogical?...also, The Dolphins came off 2 straight wins, were 9-5, #1 in the AFC, and completely choked down the straetch...you guys win those last 2 games and you end up in the superbowl most likely. You guys need to learn how to win on the road, it's a mental thing, and Wanny has to break down that wall

Aside from the agumentative style...

I have to agree with the wagonmeister that we can't claim to own the Raiders. We beat them, yes. Could've gone the other way without a late INT. It was at home. Had we been in their house how might it have gone (given last season's road record)?

Let's beat them in the AFC Championship game in January before we start the "own you" chant. Oh, and let's hope it's in Miami before the optimism gets outta hand.

;)

For the record I sincerely hope that the Raiders team is past it.

Re: Aside from the agumentative style...

Originally posted by GazPhin
I have to agree with the wagonmeister that we can't claim to own the Raiders. We beat them, yes. Could've gone the other way without a late INT. It was at home. Had we been in their house how might it have gone (given last season's road record)?

Let's beat them in the AFC Championship game in January before we start the "own you" chant. Oh, and let's hope it's in Miami before the optimism gets outta hand.

;)

For the record I sincerely hope that the Raiders team is past it.
Don't worry about Oakland, you can count on seeing Buffalo in the playoffs from now on---where they rightfully belong;)

Back
Top Bottom