The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers!

No hatin here, 10,002 :D

Have another Dodger Dog with mustard. :wink: Same with Bullseye and Samphin.

dscn0408-1.jpg

Hehehe. We'll do you Phillies fans a favor though and take 3 out of 4 from the Mess!

Will you guys have a bullpen that can pitch by the end of the weekend? They are using plenty tonight!

Both teams bats are alive, with the Mets up 12-8 top of the 8th.

Lets Go Mets:clapping::clapping::clapping:

As I typed this beltran just hit a solo shot

Will you guys have a bullpen that can pitch by the end of the weekend? They are using plenty tonight!

Both teams bats are alive, with the Mets up 12-8 top of the 8th.

Lets Go Mets:clapping::clapping::clapping:

As I typed this beltran just hit a solo shot
Exactly! LETS GO METS!!

Boik wants a Super Dodger Dog with everything. :lol:
nah i just want the phillies to continue to suck for the next 110 years. Sorry Roman. I just hate them like i do the Jets or Rangers. :beer1:

Bad series against the Mets. The bullpen is really depleted right now, we have 4 pitchers on the DL...

We have a legit shot at making it to the World Series this year though, so I'm my opinion we need to make a few moves here before the deadline...

I think we need a relief pitcher bad right now. The bullpen is decimated right now and Saito, Broxton, Beimel and Saenez are the only guys we have out there...I think we are going to get Dotel, and we can probably get him for relatively cheap...

A starting pitcher would be really useful right now...Wolf should hopefully be back in a couple weeks, and we desperately need another lefty. At this point in time, we have on lefty starter in the rotation (Hendrickson), and 2 in the bullpen (Stults +Beimel). When Wolf comes back, Houlton will probably go back to the pen giving us 2 lefty starters and helping the bullpen out...I would like to see us trade for another left handed starter and let Hendrickson go back to the pen. I like him, but think he pitches better when he isn't starting...

Joe Kennedy is a guy I have heard mentioned, and another player that wouldn't take a high level guy to get...It would give us that lefty starter, who is probably a better starter than Hendrickson, and even though hew isn't going to light the world on fire, he would make for a solid 5th starter for us..

Finally, a power bat. I really don't think this is as pressing need as it seemed to be a month or two ago. Betimit has heated up dramatically the last month or so, it is just a matter of him sustaining it. In the past 6 weeks, his averaged has raised 65 points, and has hit 5 homers while getting not very many at bats during that stretch. At this point, I would like to see him become the regular starter at third until Nomar wakes up, or Wilson falls back asleep...This move is debatable though, maybe them splitting time would be better...Kent has been putting them out of the park lately, Gonzo and Martin are steady and will end up with about 25 homers each, and we can all see what Kemp, Ethier and Loney are doing with the stick this season...

So I think the hitting has improved enough since Mueller took over that we don't really need a power bat right now, but a BIG bat at 3rd would probably help in the long run...The problem is out of the guys that are playing now, the only player with any value who I would not cringe to see moved for the guys available would be Betimit...I think the batter who we most likely end up going after, is Troy Glaus. But how much would we have to give up for someone that I don't see as a major upgrade to Nomar or Betimit? More than likely too much for me...

Lets get a SP and a RP, and let the bats we already have continue to make improvements. And lets keep the young guys who have proven that they can play at a high level, we have a couple of futru multiple time All-Star players on the roster, and I would hate to lose them for a stop gap..

Hopefully we got that terrible series against the Mets out of our systems. So far so good against the Astros tonight. However, the bullpen is very shaky right now and I hope to see Hendrickson moved back shortly. As weird as it sounds, he would stablize it a ton right now. We need Wolf back and pronto.

With the series coming up and him still 2 & 3 shy, I hope Bonds doesnt break the record against us. :tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom