The Ricky story buried beneath all the salary "demand" crap | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ricky story buried beneath all the salary "demand" crap

enigmatics said:
Yet I've seen in other publications some attorneys have said Steinberg should attempt to persue the 3.7. It's an exaggeration not a fabrication.

Either Ricky (or Steinberg) has said he wants paid $3.7 million or he hasn't. If you can document he has, fine. I'll retract my statement. If Ricky (or Steinberg) hasn't said it, it's a fabrication. Not an exaggeration.

enigmatics said:
This is what the media does though - you that surprised? There are half truths all over this situation.

I'm not surprised, but I'm distressed that a non-truth is being taken as gospel and is being used as another lash on the whipping post for Ricky. If fans want to attack Ricky because he quit, fine. If they want to attack him because he's a druggie, fine. If they insist on attacking him because of so-called salary demands, they should realize that allegation is unsubstantiated sensationalism.

DrAstroZoom said:
Either Ricky (or Steinberg) has said he wants paid $3.7 million or he hasn't. If you can document he has, fine. I'll retract my statement. If Ricky (or Steinberg) hasn't said it, it's a fabrication. Not an exaggeration.

I'm not surprised, but I'm distressed that a non-truth is being taken as gospel and is being used as another lash on the whipping post for Ricky. If fans want to attack Ricky because he quit, fine. If they want to attack him because he's a druggie, fine. If they insist on attacking him because of so-called salary demands, they should realize that allegation is unsubstantiated sensationalism.

Yet the point remains, neither Ricky nor his agent should be making contract demands. They're bringing this on themselves whether it's partially fabricated or exaggerated.

DrAstroZoom said:
Nobody has made any demands! :wall: :french:

"I don't see Ricky playing for the $540,00" ..............that's not an indirect submission of contract demand? Astro, have you never been in a conversation where somebody was talking past you?

Leigh shouldn't even be making comments like this to begin with. Again, brought on by themselves.

It's an answer to a direct question from someone that didn't want to comment in the first place.

DrAstroZoom said:
It's an answer to a direct question from someone that didn't want to comment in the first place.

The ever-so popular "no comment" might have sufficed. Leigh obviously wants it to be known he won't play for the minimum. It's not rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom