The Seattle Way! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Seattle Way!

flynryan15

Club Member
Reaction score
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9581925&src=desktop

With all the post Superbowl hype about the Seahawks I thought would post this article again, I took a lot of flack over this article when I post it at the beginning of the year. Everyone sees the dominate defense Seattle has and says that's what we need dominate defense wins championships. What everyone is missing is that it is way more then defense, it is a culture and mentality Pete Carroll installed. It is a new way if doing things in the NFL and it is working it allows young players to play at high levels! You just had a 7th round pick win Super Bowl MVP, the two WRs that caught TD passes were undrafted, starters all over the defense are drafted 3rd round and beyond. Carroll has created a culture that players believe in and want to play for, so much so that players like Avril don't care they took millions less to play in Seattle.

Before the season everyone said talk to me when Seattle wins something! Well here it is they are Champions!

I feel good that we have a guy running our franchise that came straight from Seattle and is bringing those ways here, now if we can hit on some late rd picks and get Russell Wilson we'll be all set.

I feel good that we have a guy running our franchise that came straight from Seattle and is bringing those ways here, now if we can hit on some late rd picks and get Russell Wilson we'll be all set.

When I read this article and looking at everything happening negative in the NFL it was pretty easy to see why players buy into it.

The Seattle way is speed, size and strength.

Seattle has done a great job of developing players and Carrols attitude rubs off on them just like Philbins rubs off on the Dolphins. Seattle plays with a lot of fire, and Miami plays with none.

I love Seattle. I love everything about them. I'd honestly like to get into a time machine and go back to being 8 years old and start liking them then. Yeah they wouldn't have won for another 25 years but I think they're on their way to being real good for a long time now.

A holistic approach to protecting your million dollar investment simply makes sense.

It is quite shocking that so few organizations are innovative in this way.
By being an early adopter Seattle is poised to be successful for years to come.

Carroll turned off the facility's air conditioning because he wanted to see who would complain about the heat. The coach does not like whining.
In fact, it's Rule 2 of his three decrees: 1. Protect the team; 2. No whining, no complaining, no excuses; 3. Be early

these 3 rules over half of the team would be gone. 2 are already martin and cogs.

Two things about this article:

1. While I'm a huge Seattle fan, and I like Pete Carroll, the fact is that this team has had a lot of PED/drug-related suspensions over the past couple of years. I'm not saying the approach in this article is all smoke and mirrors, but I am saying I'm not completely sold. Even with this SB win, the real proof of the value of this approach will be in how the players conduct themselves off the field.

2. This:

AT THE NFL Rookie Symposium in June, Chris Ballard steps to the podium. Ballard, the director of player personnel for the Chiefs, has a harsh message for the recent draft picks. "Most of you will not be in this league three years from now," he begins. Later, he adds, "Nobody cares about your problems. The fans don't care. The media doesn't care. And ownership doesn't care. They care about results."
These words are spoken seven months after a Kansas City player, Jovan Belcher, shot his girlfriend nine times, then drove to the team facility and killed himself in the parking lot. But in what remains a suck-it-up NFL culture, that speech could have been delivered by almost anybody in the league.
"He was treating them exactly how they feel, like objects," says Jimmy Stewart, a licensed family therapist who works with athletes and military personnel dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder. Stewart is a former defensive back with the Saints and Lions, and when he left the league in 1980 he was an emotional wreck and an alcoholic. "The four years I played pro football were some of the most horrendous of my life," he says. "I cried alone. I was frightened. I badly needed somebody to talk to, and I know so many guys today who feel the same way."
After retiring, Stewart earned a master's degree in counseling and went on a crusade to improve the mental health of athletes. In the past few years, he has lobbied the NFL and several teams, including the Chiefs and Saints, to embed psychologists within their coaching staffs, similar to what the military does. He says that his calls largely go unreturned and that even when teams do call him back, he is often met with arrogance and a "we're doing enough" attitude. So when Stewart hears details of what's happening in Seattle, he begins to cry.
There are a lot of Jovan Belcher's, Jimmy Stewart's and Jonathan Martin's in this league. I applaud the Seahawks for at least attempting to address the issue.

And Carroll went 7-9 his first two seasons. If he were in Miami they'd be screaming fire him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Seattle has done a great job of developing players and Carrols attitude rubs off on them just like Philbins rubs off on the Dolphins. Seattle plays with a lot of fire, and Miami plays with none.

What we he rubbing on them his first two seasons when they were 7-9?

Seattle D can close on any ball carrier within seconds. While it has a lot to do with speed, they are also being put in the right areas to defend the field - players playing well within the scheme.

Whenever a team wins a Superbowl you hear the media fallilng all over themselves and saying THIS TEAM is going to be a Dynasty. But teams rarely repeat these days as guys get greedy and leave to go elsewhere, or they get happy winning a ring and fall off. Seattle does have a lot of young players, but they are also in a very tough division with San Fran, St. Louis and Arizona.

What I do like about the Seahawks is they always try to strip the ball, make picks and force turnovers. They also have very fast defenders who get to the ball quickly and make sure tackles. Their offense is not spectacular, but they do enough to win it. Anybody can do this....but you have to draft smart, sign good free agents, and have guys who are hungry to win.

And Carroll went 7-9 his first two seasons. If he were in Miami they'd be screaming fire him!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

What we he rubbing on them his first two seasons when they were 7-9?

I knew this comment would come up sooner or later. What you fail to mention is that one of those 7-9 seasons they still won their division and beat the Saints at home in the playoffs. Like it or not I think we all on here would see much more promise in that as opposed scoring 7 points in 2 weeks with the playoffs on the line. Lets no forget Pete Carroll has a much better resume to find faith in then Joe Philbin.

I knew this comment would come up sooner or later. What you fail to mention is that one of those 7-9 seasons they still won their division and beat the Saints at home in the playoffs. Like it or not I think we all on here would see much more promise in that as opposed scoring 7 points in 2 weeks with the playoffs on the line. Lets no forget Pete Carroll has a much better resume to find faith in then Joe Philbin.

when Pete had a win and in game in week 17 of 2010 his team won where the opponent could have made the playoffs if they won. when Joe had a win and in game against a dead team his team failed.

Back
Top Bottom