The Seattle Way! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Seattle Way!

The Seattle way is speed, size and strength.

The biggest single factor of success is "situational leadership" as a core philosophy.
It is about managing each person individually, as they require to be managed. Everything else comes after that. Every individual matters.
Miami ships guys out instead of making them matter. That is the heart of it.

Seattle is young, deep, and cheap. Much like the cowboys and the 49ers, until the salary cap kicked in.

I'm thrilled for Pete Carroll. One simplistic fan after another was determined to rip him, if he failed in Seattle. Now they have to shut up forever. Actually that type won't shut up. They'll act as if a mediocre season somehow nullifies that dominant Super Bowl win. :lol:

Carroll had numerous NFL opportunities before he chose Seattle. Great patience to wait, knowing he was an older coach with only one more logical chance. He had a head start with that stadium. That's stealing a few percentage points right off the bat. I still wasn't convinced it would pay off, not to this degree.

Also, during yesterday's post game interviews, Carroll was asked about the pursuit of Russell Wilson. He was quite specific, saying the general manager loved Wilson throughout his college career, and that they knew about Wilson's personality traits prior to the team interview before the Senior Bowl. Carroll was told that Wilson would sound so exuberant that it could come across as overboard, but it's stuff Wilson actually believes. Carroll said he was prepared for Wilson's themes during the interview and when he indeed came across that way Carroll viewed it as a positive, the type of guy he seeks.

Obviously Seattle got somewhat lucky with Russell Wilson, waiting until the 3rd round. But that interview with Carroll made it obvious that they had done their homework and the general manager was quite high on Wilson. Many Dolphin fans want to believe Seattle would have taken Tannehill if the Dolphins had passed. That's mostly guesswork. You are what you are. They took Wilson despite his height and we have Tannehill despite his lack of excellence as a collegian. Now we have to rely on projection while they find a place for the trophy.

Anyway, I love the so-called Seattle way. Entering the season, discounting Miami's chances, I wanted either Seattle or San Francisco to win the Super Bowl. Seattle plays more to my liking but the 49ers have Cane product Frank Gore nearing the end of his career. That's the only reason I put San Francisco alongside Seattle.

Now we have to hope Roger Goodell doesn't further legislate against stifling defense.

Miami needs to play defense like that, even with there inept offense with that d they would've still made the playoffs.

The biggest single factor of success is "situational leadership" as a core philosophy.
It is about managing each person individually, as they require to be managed. Everything else comes after that. Every individual matters.
Miami ships guys out instead of making them matter. That is the heart of it.

So DEN had no leadership? You can point to MIA all you want, but 'leadership' is not unique to SEA. Maybe its a different spin, but it still permeates in other locker rooms.

What I seen yesterday, was a DEF that was younger and faster than their opponents. Especially on the WR position and their back end on the defense didn't allow separation all day. That is great individual play.

Yep. They hit the jackpot, which always involves a some degree of luck. In a way, I would be more impressed if they took him round 1.

If you saw Pete Carroll's interview last night it is very obvious the GM had done his homework and knew Wilson, they let his height drop him a few rounds. It was a gamble it paid off!

Now remember,they also signed Matt Flynn...They make mistakes also.

Now remember,they also signed Matt Flynn...They make mistakes also.

And they quickly fixed that mistake they didn't jerk around because the money they had tied up in Flynn

Does Philbin/Tannehill get any credit for beating Seattle last year? Or is it explained away by that controversial penality and Seattle's cross-country road trip? And what about the Dolphins 4-1 record this year against AFC playoff teams? Surely there must be valid reasons for optimism.

I knew this comment would come up sooner or later. What you fail to mention is that one of those 7-9 seasons they still won their division and beat the Saints at home in the playoffs. Like it or not I think we all on here would see much more promise in that as opposed scoring 7 points in 2 weeks with the playoffs on the line. Lets no forget Pete Carroll has a much better resume to find faith in then Joe Philbin.

Winning your division at 7-9 is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom