The State of the Team address` | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The State of the Team address`

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever since Arnold announced the state of the state (Calif), Prez Bush did the State of the Union and even Andrew did the State of the Site address, I fingered it was time for someone to do the State of the Team address.

It appears the team is regressing rather than progressing. After the last game of our season, what has Dave, Rick Eddie and Wayne done to improve the team??

As sad as it is to say... NOTHING ... The team did not fire Wanny as many predicted, instead Dave got a contract extension... I asked myself WHY many many times...

There has been rumors and "wish lists" for old, over the hill QB's such as Brunnel and Warner.. The Oakland Raiders took away our highly praised Offensive Coordinator and we signed Dan Marino back to the team..

Dan's job with the team is "Head of Football Operations".....?? What the shell does that mean? I dare you all to ask every football team for a job description of their Head of Football Operations... I bet they laugh in your face and say... "huh".

Is Mr Marino just a figure head or is there really room for yet another manager?

Lets move on... The team did straight out fire the Wide Receiver Coach and Hired Sullivan to take his place... But, the Special Teams coach received no form of discipline or demotion even though each and ever year our special teams output has declined.

Now that the Super Bowl has been played and the 2003-2004 season is officially over... where does our beloved Dolphin team stand?? I believe the only people that can answer that question is in fact the same managers that we all are complaining about.. Only Wanny, Ricky, Eddie and Wayney know for sure.. you might be able to throw in Danny to the mix, but he is just a figure head to sell season tickets so he doesn't really count. does he??

Speaking strictly as a fan, a fan that loves the Miami Dolphins, I do not see any bright lights at the end of the tunnel, instead... with a little bit of imagination, I can see Dave pacing the sidelines of his office, running his fingers thru his hair with that confused dumb azz look on his face saying "what do we do know"!!!

The rumors are flying around left, right, up and down.. will it be Brian Griese, will it be Jay Feidler or will it be both that are unemployed in the near future? and what about O-gun?? should he stay or should he go? hmmm If he stays, who's salary are we going to renegotiate? If he goes, how high of a draft pick will we get?

Speaking of the draft.. no, on second thought.. lets not go there.. that's a subject all by its self.. and it has been hashed around here too much...

So in conclusion... where exactly is the Miami Dolphins?? should we be excited going into this off-season?? Or should we keep a low profile when talking football with our friends?? My answer is......... I think we are Iraq and the rest of the NFL is the coalition forces and we just got our azzez kicked.........

I see two major changes. We improved our personnel dept. by putting our best personnel guy in the top decision making position and we added several offensive minds (former OCs) to the coaching staff.

On the player side, we signed several future contracts. The most notable of which is Minnis. Also we seem to be pursuing several QB options. Other than that the offseason is less than 24 hours old and FA doesn't start til March 1st.

I don't know what else could be expected at this point. I guess some people would be happier if we had just fired Dave and had brought in Jim Mora Jr.

Let's see:

10-6 won more than previous season.
Rick now personel man...Maybe better
Got the throughts of some good GM's to evaluate our team.
Got new Ideas coming on the O, rec coarch, QB coach, new TE coach,
promotion of new O. Corr.
Wanny concentrates on Coaching only.
Dan Marino as extra eye on QB and WR's input.
I'd say the state of the team has changed coaching wise.
Now we wait for the Players change.
Then we can continue this state address, right now it's only half done.

Exactly, MD.... we made a TON of offensive coaching changes... and restructured the FO to boot. Maybe Marino is a figure head right now... maybe he doesn't do anything.... but that'll change as he gets more experience. What he does add immediatly is accountability... a sense that you've got a fiery HOF player watching your every move. We haven't touched the player side of the offseason really... but WAIT we've only completed the coaching phase of the offseason... we haven't even GOTTEN to the players yet... how can you say nothing has changed when the off season has only been going for a day?

Originally posted by Cranx
Wow! I'm now dumber after having read that crap. :drool:

Was there ever any questions about that ?:lol: :lol:

and would think you need to wait and see what we do once FA actually starts since we are unlikely to sign several of our own FA's to contracts before 3/1

We are doomed..........I say we go 1-15 for the next 4 years straight so we can fix the O-line by drafting the best Lineman in each draft.

The sky is falling..................

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by rafael
I see two major changes. We improved our personnel dept. by putting our best personnel guy in the top decision making position and we added several offensive minds (former OCs) to the coaching staff.

On the player side, we signed several future contracts. The most notable of which is Minnis. Also we seem to be pursuing several QB options. Other than that the offseason is less than 24 hours old and FA doesn't start til March 1st.

I don't know what else could be expected at this point. I guess some people would be happier if we had just fired Dave and had brought in Jim Mora Jr.

minnis is a washout.

a midget receiver that will scare no one.
heck we drafted better last year and never used those players.

wtf man? We were 10-6, one of the only teams that hasnt made the playoffs with that record. The only thing thats going to come out of this offseason will be positives and you can look for those in the FA and Draft. We actually upgraded our coaching, getting rid of Norv who was WAY too predictable and we now have a QB coach a WR coach and a new OC. Dave is not making the personnel decisions so lay to rest. The team made good upgrades over last offseason its just our Oline fell apart this year and thats why we werent at the superbowl...if Ricky had another franchise record season we would have easily been deep in the playoffs. If our Oline didnt let Griese get sacked in Indy or in any of the other games if they had actually blocked our team would have done great things. We will rebuild the Oline, the QB, and the WR so chill out

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Ya I'd like to see somebody do a state of the team address too.

Especially after reading that.
I'm still waiting too...:lol:

Here ya go..............the state of the team address............

It is the offseason...........we are trying to get better.......expecially on offense.

God bless the Miami Dolphins and the United States of America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Section126
Here ya go..............the state of the team address............

It is the offseason...........we are trying to get better.......expecially on offense.

Godbless the Miami Dolphins and the United States of America.
god bless

New England has something like 2#1s,2#2s and 3 3s to add to a World Champion team. Holy Moly! The Jets will have Pennington back healthy and Santana Moss will have one more year of experiance under his belt. Buffalo has Willis Magahee getting ready to line up and play against the Dolphins. We have 1 #1 at the 20 slot and no#2. Luckily our Defense is chocked with stud players so if we don't change anything we'll be allright. As for Offense I'm VERY concerned but we do have three great players to build around. Williams, Chambers and McMike. The O-Line is very thin in talent and that is a killer along with Q.B. and reciever. We have to force the issue and make something happen in the offseason, we must get more high draft choices. O-Gun is one of the cards we have to play with and in order to fill all our holes I think he has to go so we can plug 2 or 3 spots. We could rotate Jay Williams and David Bowens at O-Guns spot and we won't be as good but these guys can play and most guys look very good opposite J.T. because of the doubles he commands. If O-Gun leaving gives us Phillip Rivers and either a stud O-Lineman or a great wide reciever IMO we must pull the trigger. After that we concentrate 100% on O-Line unless something falls our way that we can't resist. In free agency we have to find our Jake Dellonne. We need a Q.B. that can play right away and be a force while Rivers gets ready to start. I'm very happen to have an offensive genius like Marc Trestman as Q.B. Coach. I have great respect for him and I hope he works closely with Joel Collier regarding our offensive play calling. Collier from the booth upstairs and Trestman on the field with the Quarterbacks. I'm not sure who Marino is the Boss of and I think he's not sure either. It's been long enough since his hire to define in a crystal clear manner exactly what all the Coaches roles are and the fact that we haven't concerns me but I wish Marino the best of luck and I have to believe he'll turn out to be a big plus for the Dolphins. Marino is my favorite player of all time so I can't help but be excited that he's part of things again. The A.F.C. East is very tough and each team has the potential to get tougher but so do we. We'll as Robert Shaw said in the movie "Jaws" it's not gonna be easy. Here's to next year finding the Miami Dolphins in the Superbowl, and winning!!

Back
Top Bottom