The State of the Team address` | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The State of the Team address`

Originally posted by BSQX4
New England has something like 2#1s,2#2s and 3 3s to add to a World Champion team. Holy Moly! The Jets will have Pennington back healthy and Santana Moss will have one more year of experiance under his belt. Buffalo has Willis Magahee getting ready to line up and play against the Dolphins. We have 1 #1 at the 20 slot and no#2. Luckily our Defense is chocked with stud players so if we don't change anything we'll be allright. As for Offense I'm VERY concerned but we do have three great players to build around. Williams, Chambers and McMike. The O-Line is very thin in talent and that is a killer along with Q.B. and reciever. We have to force the issue and make something happen in the offseason, we must get more high draft choices. O-Gun is one of the cards we have to play with and in order to fill all our holes I think he has to go so we can plug 2 or 3 spots. We could rotate Jay Williams and David Bowens at O-Guns spot and we won't be as good but these guys can play and most guys look very good opposite J.T. because of the doubles he commands. If O-Gun leaving gives us Phillip Rivers and either a stud O-Lineman or a great wide reciever IMO we must pull the trigger. After that we concentrate 100% on O-Line unless something falls our way that we can't resist. In free agency we have to find our Jake Dellonne. We need a Q.B. that can play right away and be a force while Rivers gets ready to start. I'm very happen to have an offensive genius like Marc Trestman as Q.B. Coach. I have great respect for him and I hope he works closely with Joel Collier regarding our offensive play calling. Collier from the booth upstairs and Trestman on the field with the Quarterbacks. I'm not sure who Marino is the Boss of and I think he's not sure either. It's been long enough since his hire to define in a crystal clear manner exactly what all the Coaches roles are and the fact that we haven't concerns me but I wish Marino the best of luck and I have to believe he'll turn out to be a big plus for the Dolphins. Marino is my favorite player of all time so I can't help but be excited that he's part of things again. The A.F.C. East is very tough and each team has the potential to get tougher but so do we. We'll as Robert Shaw said in the movie "Jaws" it's not gonna be easy. Here's to next year finding the Miami Dolphins in the Superbowl, and winning!!

Good post except, next time, could you create some thought seperation with spaces? This was really hard to read all bunched together like that. Again, good post with some decent points.

Gotta love optimism :D

I think we'll be fine too. In addition to the points you made, we have some players who should have at least a partial-breakout year this season, whether due to recovering from injuries or just coming along in the system, we should reasonably expect a few 2nd/3rd string guys to bring it up.

I hope you're right Navy, I really do. We paid a high price, for example, for Seth McKinney and right now I'm not sure he's a better player than Ruddy is today. Maybe BIlly Yates will turn out to be a great find, so far all the talk on him has been very positive. I hope Eddie Moore comes in and sits down Greenwood and gives us a playmaker at Outside Linebacker. If Jaimie Nails is 100% and playing like 2002 that would be great. Does anyone know if Dixon is coming back? I'm sure we not going to count on him after last year but I'd like to see a healthy Dix in the mix. Is there such a thing? By the way God bless you and the great job all the Armed Forces are doing all over the World.

I hope you're right Navy, I really do. We paid a high price, for example, for Seth McKinney and right now I'm not sure he's a better player than Ruddy is today. Maybe BIlly Yates will turn out to be a great find, so far all the talk on him has been very positive. I hope Eddie Moore comes in and sits down Greenwood and gives us a playmaker at Outside Linebacker. If Jaimie Nails is 100% and playing like 2002 that would be great. Does anyone know if Dixon is coming back? I'm sure we not going to count on him after last year but I'd like to see a healthy Dix in the mix. Is there such a thing? By the way God bless you and the great job all the Armed Forces are doing all over the World.

That's about what I was lookin' at too. No reason to expect some of those guys WON'T improve. Outlook is good imo.

And thanks :)

I wish I could share your optimism, but I dont... Last year about this time, I was feeling good about the team even though we lost 2 heartbreaking games to the Pats and the Vikes...

The off season made me more excited due to the free agent pick-ups of Seau, Knight and Greise.. Needless to say, I was very very confident last year...

However, this year I see total confusion.. The coaches are being shuffled in and out, there is a big question mark as to which player to keep, which player to turn loose and which players to acquire..

I am trying very hard to look at this situation in a positive light, but my gut continues to tell me that as of right now..... the team is grasping at straws trying to find that mythical acquisition that will magically transform this team into a Superbowl contender....

there is a big question mark as to which player to keep, which player to turn loose and which players to acquire..

I don't think there's a big question mark as far as the organization goes...they know what they want to do...us fans don't know what they want to do. If ANYBODY has question marks regarding players to acquire its the fans. Lot of options being discussed here, as every year I suppose, but these options shouldn't be confused with the organization and their priorities.

Originally posted by Jeep
I am trying very hard to look at this situation in a positive light, but my gut continues to tell me that as of right now..... the team is grasping at straws trying to find that mythical acquisition that will magically transform this team into a Superbowl contender....

Well... I guess Dan is not the man after all...

I do believe he was hired only as window dressing.. His job description was never outlined and it was Waynes attempt to hire encouragement so the fan will buy season tickets...

With Dan's resignation, I believe the Dolphins organization has no bloody clue what-so-ever to do to stop this rapid downward spiral...

Wayne, Dave, Rick and now no Norv or Dan... the team will continue to struggle for many years to come.............

C'mon with the doom and gloom. This team will be fine. Our biggest problem is that our chief competitor has a ton of draft choices to further distance themselves from us from a talent standpoint and that ain't good. We must be smart and creative but we are quite capable of doing so. Don't sweat it. This too shall pass.

C'mon with the doom and gloom. This team will be fine. Our biggest problem is that our chief competitor has a ton of draft choices to further distance themselves from us from a talent standpoint and that ain't good. We must be smart and creative but we are quite capable of doing so. Don't sweat it. This too shall pass.

To me, I don't care who NE adds..Miami is just as talented as they are in many areas. Miami can beat them if they fix the offense. Miami's defense is one the few that actually handled the Patriot offense..even with their Hall-Of-Fame QB Tom Brady. If you really look closely at the 2 games this season you'll see that Miami's defense manhandled the NE offense.

WEEK 7 NE's first points came on a FG following a Harrison fumble recovery to the MIA 26...not the D's fault...and we all know that Mare should've won the game before the 82 yd TD to Brown.

WEEK 14 NE's only offensive points were a FG.

Realistically, NE only really beat the Dolphin defense for 13 points in 2 games...that's incredible considering what they just did to the solid Carolina defense.

I truly believe that Miami ..with a few good additions to the offense....can beat the Patriots despite their "genius" coaching.

Even with our pathetic coaching, Miami still had NE beat in BOTH games. If the Dolphins coaching is really that bad...Miami should've been blown away.

Hyde was either drunk or had nothing to write when he did that article..........

Read it, and then ask yourself: What did I just read?

Originally posted by Section126
Read it, and then ask yourself: What did I just read?

Ok, I just read it again... I asked myself what did I just read.. and my answer is that it comfirms what my gut has been telling me..

The team is clueless and no one knows what to do.. Why else would Wolf decline.....twice? state publicly that he doesnt want to come out of retirement and then accept a job with Cleveland ?? Why else would Marino step in then step out??

Because this team is so screwed up and no well respected football person wants any part of it....

Its going to be an ugly 2004-2005 season..

Ok, I just read it again... I asked myself what did I just read.. and my answer is that it comfirms what my gut has been telling me..

The team is clueless and no one knows what to do.. Why else would Wolf decline.....twice? state publicly that he doesnt want to come out of retirement and then accept a job with Cleveland ?? Why else would Marino step in then step out??

Because this team is so screwed up and no well respected football person wants any part of it....

Its going to be an ugly 2004-2005 season..

Whatever.............

I wish I could share your optimism, but I dont... Last year about this time, I was feeling good about the team even though we lost 2 heartbreaking games to the Pats and the Vikes...

The off season made me more excited due to the free agent pick-ups of Seau, Knight and Greise.. Needless to say, I was very very confident last year...

However, this year I see total confusion.. The coaches are being shuffled in and out, there is a big question mark as to which player to keep, which player to turn loose and which players to acquire..

Are you sure it's the team that's confused? Or maybe it's you who are confused because your expectations weren't made.

Maybe the team knows what they want but are not stupid enough to make it publicly known right now. It sounds like the confusion is on the part of the fans that can't figure out what the organization is doing or where they are headed.

A fan that thinks he knows everything about the organization feels that things are not going the way he thinks they should is the confused one, and the F.O. may have a solid laid out plan that they have not shared with us.

You sound confused to me because obviously you think you are qualified to make a "State of the team" address. :confused:

Maybe we should not ASSUME, because assumptions can cause confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom