The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

I agree with OP... meaningless win ruining the chance at a better pick which will only better the team in the future. Deep down is it nice to see them win? Sure but I know it only hurts our future

Had we not ruined Jake longs career by playing him injured he’s a first ballot HOF.

Melty ide choked away a super bowl and played with pro bowl/ HOF level teammates his whole career.
At least Matt Ryan can say he actually played in a super bowl in the last couple of decades.
Meanwhile this team has gone through 3 or so HC changes and 3-4 QB changes in that time.

We can get Tua on the cheap or bypass all QBs in this prospect class 2020

We are on schedule to get Tua in the cheap if his Med record looks good - leaving us two

Or have our Three picks in the First Rd and we can resign Fitz -

the football gods are leaning aqua

At least Matt Ryan can say he actually played in a super bowl in the last couple of decades.
Meanwhile this team has gone through 3 or so HC changes and 3-4 QB changes in that time.

Falcons have won what? 3 games this year? They’ve been through 3 coaches because Matt Ryan is overrated. Julio Jones, HOFer, Rosey white, pro bowler, Tony Gonzales, HOFer. Multiple pro bowl RBs. Guy still can’t win, chokes and is in the twighlight of his overrated career.

I’d rather have about 15 QBs, tannehill being one of them, over Matt Ryan.

Falcons have won what? 3 games this year? They’ve been through 3 coaches because Matt Ryan is overrated. Julio Jones, HOFer, Rosey white, pro bowler, Tony Gonzales, HOFer. Multiple pro bowl RBs. Guy still can’t win, chokes and is in the twighlight of his overrated career.

Fact is he’s played in a Super Bowl something Tannehill or this team hasn’t been to in over 3 decades.

I hope everyone realizes that the Eagles were extremely unprepared and unmotivated to play us. They lost that game as much as we won it.

I understand the players and coaches play to win but the win did absolutely nothing for this organization and the loss would have done way more. There is a big difference between having #1 pick and Dion Jordan at #3.

I can't hear you anymore from the bottom of the hole you are digging........di...gg...ing.....

Only the Dolphins could screw up a tank. Welcome back 7-9 for the next 20 years.
If Grier has success in the draft the next two years and if he signs free agents who can come in and play at a high level, this team will not be a mediocre team in a few years even if they don’t get a top five pick this year. Of course Grier doesn’t have a proven track record so far and if he screws it up like Ireland did when the Dolphins had millions in cap space and a number of picks in 2013.

Basically it is now up to Grier and the people under him to now severely upgrade the talent on this team in the next two drafts and the free agency signings the next two years. Because if they do screw it up like Ireland did, they will be right back rebuilding this team in a few years. Hopefully Grier is the right man for he job but we won’t know for sure for at least 2-3 seasons.

Last edited:
I hope everyone realizes that the Eagles were extremely unprepared and unmotivated to play us. They lost that game as much as we won it.

I understand the players and coaches play to win but the win did absolutely nothing for this organization and the loss would have done way more. There is a big difference between having #1 pick and Dion Jordan at #3.
It is the job of the Eagles coaches and players to prepare for every game they play. The reality is that the Eagles are just a mediocre team and this Dolphins team can beat any mediocre team in the NFL on any given Sunday.
I disagree that winning games do nothing for the organization. What it does is show that this coaching staff can take barely qualified NFL talent throughout much of their roster and get them to play hard every week. It just makes you realize that once they have better talent on the roster, this will be a team that will be prepared to compete for a playoff spot on a yearly basis instead of remaining the mediocre franchise they have been for the last two decades.

An overrated quarterback with one hip or a LT after we just traded away a franchise LT? Awesome. I’d rather have young or burrows.

An overrated quarterback with one hip or a LT after we just traded away a franchise LT? Awesome. I’d rather have young or burrows.

Trading Tunsil, while it may work out, created a huge hole at left tackle. Getting a good one would help any quarterback who the Dolphins bring in.

Yes, I'd love to have Young or Burrow but Miami isn't as bad as Cincinnati and maybe a few other teams.

That actually says a lot about this coaching staff because the Dolphins talent has to be the worst in the NFL. The positive is that free agents may now look at Miami and want to come here.

Listen, no one can dispute that this coaching staff has done well in recent weeks, especially given the depleted roster and injuries. They have come a long way since the inept first month. But people are getting way ahead of themselves saying that we have finally found THE coaching staff to break 20 years of Dolphin ineptitude.

While they have certainly done well with a shitty roster, you have to remember that a savvy vet QB like Fitzpatrick can help a young coaching staff along in an opening year by providing more flexibility in game day situations and providing another coaching presence on the field.

This kind of first year hope and encouragement has happened multiple times during this 20 year drought.

I’d argue that Sparano’s first year was even more encouraging considering they took a 1-15 team and turned it around to an 11-5 division winner in just one year. They showed a lot of creativity with the wildcat and most dolfans thought we were on our way out of the doldrums. But it turned out a lot of that was a mirage propped up by the savvy vet Pennington’s steady hand and come back year.

The challenge for Sparano, as it was with Saban and Gase, was following up on that early success by identifying and developing a young QB for continued success. That never materialized for any of them.

Heck, a good chunk of dolfans were even hyping up Philbin’s first year compared to Sparano’s last years. Things go sour quickly for coaches if they can’t find and develop that young QB.

That’s why this year should be about setting up for that. Fluffing up your W/L record with a grey beard QB does little for the future. This staff already has whiffed on developing one young QB and turned to an old man to get some late season wins when the playoffs were already well out of reach.

Yes, I like how they have developed some of these no name units like the secondary and WR corps, but all of this is just a mirage until they can prove they can develop a young QB and build a consistent team around them.

Sorry, I’ve seen this rope a dope too many times in the past 20 years. Nothing changes... NOTHING... until we get a coaching staff that can acquire and develop a young stud QB and build around them.

I enjoyed watching them play today, great effort and a real gritty team, but ultimately it would have been a lot better for this franchise long term had the Hail Mary landed in and Eagle’s arms instead of a Dolphin’s.

Back
Top Bottom