The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

Trading Tunsil, while it may work out, created a huge hole at left tackle. Getting a good one would help any quarterback who the Dolphins bring in.

Yes, I'd love to have Young or Burrow but Miami isn't as bad as Cincinnati and maybe a few other teams.

That actually says a lot about this coaching staff because the Dolphins talent has to be the worst in the NFL. The positive is that free agents may now look at Miami and want to come here.
Our new offense runs inside out. Center is more important than LT. I know. I get crushed for this a lot. But I stick by it. Any Brady interview backs me up.

The difference? Flores is coaching up. You of all people should know that. Remember, we have a crap **** roster which will break every record of futility, the worst NFL team to ever play the game, 0-16, tanking.....Remember?

Now you have a coach who coached this team up, the worst team ever, and we have 3 wins.

The difference? Sparano, Saban and Gase had better talent on the roster and coached down. Flores coaches up.

I urge you to go back and look at FH posts from the first years of every prior coach, excluding Cameron. You will find these exact same comments.

Heck, Sparano took a squad that was a year removed from 1-15 and “coached them up” into a division winning playoff team in his first year with some of the most dynamic coaching innovation (wildcat) we’d seen in Miami in decades. All of them “coached them up” compared to the wreckage of the previous failed regime.

Gase was the next BB that first year on FH. People were amazed how he’d turned Tannehill into a legit QB and was stringing together an impressive run until Tannehill’s injury.

Saban was considered a damn God for 9-7 season for ****’s sake. He did it with a mish mash of old vet QBs and the wreckage of Wanny’s depleted and aging roster sans Ricky in year 1.

We even saw people comparing that boob Philbin with Shula early on for some bizarre reason even though he never really showed much of anything to get excited about.

I urge you to go back and look at FH posts from the first years of every prior coach, excluding Cameron. You will find these exact same comments.

Heck, Sparano took a squad that was a year removed from 1-15 and “coached them up” into a division winning playoff team in his first year with some of the most dynamic coaching innovation (wildcat) we’d seen in Miami in decades. All of them “coached them up” compared to the wreckage of the previous failed regime.

Gase was the next BB that first year on FH. People were amazed how he’d turned Tannehill into a legit QB and was stringing together an impressive run until Tannehill’s injury.

Saban was considered a damn God for 9-7 season for ****’s sake. He did it with a mish mash of old vet QBs and the wreckage of Wanny’s depleted and aging roster sans Ricky in year 1.

We even saw people comparing that boob Philbin with Shula early on for some bizarre reason even though he never really showed much of anything to get excited about.

I remember the Phailbin posts oh so well. One thing I remember after his first presser a lot of posters here were praising him for being so inspiring. I was dumbfounded by that because I personally thought he was a dud and had the personality of a linen closet, and I got killed for saying that. I think some fans will just reach for anything. But I will say that this time it feels totally different. You can see this guy Flores actually coaching from the sidelines when Phailbin was a deer in headlights every time the camera panned him. If Phailbin was coaching this roster we probably don’t even have a TD this year.

Yeah Pats are done in this one, thanks for hutrting us again, Texans go a game clear in the South now, up to Tannehill now to derail them. Can never rely on those cheating swines.

Expected the losses, loving the wins. Happy to see we have the first piece in coaching, can't wait to see what we do with the next move (draft, which doesn't necessarily mean QB). Honestly, I haven't been this happy with the Dolphins in years and this is one of the worst records they have had. Worth it.

Yeah Pats are done in this one, thanks for hutrting us again, Texans go a game clear in the South now, up to Tannehill now to derail them. Can never rely on those cheating swines.

Might be good though because it ensures they might be still fighting for home field in final game. If they already have it locked up they will just play scrubs and let Dolphins win to **** up draft position.

Our new offense runs inside out. Center is more important than LT. I know. I get crushed for this a lot. But I stick by it. Any Brady interview backs me up.

You’re way off here. Anyone who knows something about this game knows the LT is everything on that line. Ask any QB about what a “blind side” is.

I remember the Phailbin posts oh so well. One thing I remember after his first presser a lot of posters here were praising him for being so inspiring. I was dumbfounded by that because I personally thought he was a dud and had the personality of a linen closet, and I got killed for saying that. I think some fans will just reach for anything. But I will say that this time it feels totally different. You can see this guy Flores actually coaching from the sidelines when Phailbin was a deer in headlights every time the camera panned him. If Phailbin was coaching this roster we probably don’t even have a TD this year.

I was with you on Philbin. After watching him pick up candy wrappers on Hard Knocks I knew he was a clown. After that Green Bay game when he gave Rodgers an extra timeout I knew he was done.

I was critical of the Flores hire mostly because I thought he was really green and was nothing more than a glorified position coach. He has proven me wrong in that regard. In the past month it’s apparent that he has grown into the head coach role, effectively delegating responsibilities and working to build a culture of accountability. He is functioning as a head coach, not a glorified coordinator or position coach like Gase, which is a real positive that alleviates one of my main concerns about him.

However, it is way too early to anoint him. Bottom line they have still been blown out more times this season than they’ve actually won games, and are sitting with a 3-9 record with wins over a mentally ravaged Jets squad, a Colts team with backup QB and a struggling Eagles squad at home. The Eagles win is their most impressive of the year, and honestly should have no business beating them given the state of the roster, so that is encouraging, but it’s still wins over struggling teams.

Sparano’s first year was much more encouraging IMO and it all got derailed because they didn’t develop a young QB.

A lot of this coaching staff’s success will depend on what Grier does at the QB position. Can he hit on the right guy? If he does, then this staff might be the one, but if not, we will be right back here praising the first year of some other coach 3 years from now.

You’re way off here. Anyone who knows something about this game knows the LT is everything on that line. Ask any QB about what a “blind side” is.
Agree and disagree. Depends on a whole slew of things like RB picking up blocks, TE, QB mobility, scheme, playcalls. I mean, LT is an important position for a right hander no question, but a C is important for any gunslinger from a pure protection standpoint.

I was with you on Philbin. After watching him pick up candy wrappers on Hard Knocks I knew he was a clown. After that Green Bay game when he gave Rodgers an extra timeout I knew he was done.

I was critical of the Flores hire mostly because I thought he was really green and was nothing more than a glorified position coach. He has proven me wrong in that regard. In the past month it’s apparent that he has grown into the head coach role, effectively delegating responsibilities and working to build a culture of accountability. He is functioning as a head coach, not a glorified coordinator or position coach like Gase, which is a real positive that alleviates one of my main concerns about him.

However, it is way too early to anoint him. Bottom line they have still been blown out more times this season than they’ve actually won games, and are sitting with a 3-9 record with wins over a mentally ravaged Jets squad, a Colts team with backup QB and a struggling Eagles squad at home. The Eagles win is their most impressive of the year, and honestly should have no business beating them given the state of the roster, so that is encouraging, but it’s still wins over struggling teams.

Sparano’s first year was much more encouraging IMO and it all got derailed because they didn’t develop a young QB.

A lot of this coaching staff’s success will depend on what Grier does at the QB position. Can he hit on the right guy? If he does, then this staff might be the one, but if not, we will be right back here praising the first year of some other coach 3 years from now.
Sparano was a meatball and I knew that from his introductory press conference. Philbin too timid, Gase I was optimistic at first, got sold on the press hype but it didn't take long to squash that. Flores has a different feel to it. I guess time will tell but I'm not going to let the past failures influence my thoughts on a completely different coach in a completely different situation. Flores is his own man, I'm going to stay optimistic until HE gives me a reason not to be.

Might be good though because it ensures they might be still fighting for home field in final game. If they already have it locked up they will just play scrubs and let Dolphins win to **** up draft position.

I would rather have taken the loss here for the Texans, that pick had a chance of being in outside the playoff spots with the Titans rallying right now. No chance of that happening now. We are gonna need some more value in that pick as we'll probably have to use it to move up now :(

Yup. Sure. Ever since the movie. I get it. But then there's Brady's offense. The one we are emulating. And Brady has gone on record numerous times. Stating how his center is the absolute most important position. The pats offense runs Inside out. This year Brady was asked what the biggest missing piece was. He didn't say a depth threat wr. Not Wynn at OT. It was his center Andrews. Our offense is going to run g to g with center at the helm. We don't need a top shelf OT. We do need a top shelf Center.

Back
Top Bottom