The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

I can't stand this weak mentality.
You found a coaching staff with practically, nothing, that beat a team just yesterday removed from the SB and the only thing you can think about is we "may" not draft Top 10.

Are you freaking kidding me? The most important thing is staring you in your face and you don't see it....

This coaching can coach players up...period! That's worth it's weight in gold!

They're showing you if you give them players they will find a way to coach them up...

Its called the chicken or the egg issue which comes first. Who cares if you find the right chicken you can have a bunch of great eggs. If your hoping for the golden egg well you just keep hoping same thing the Dolphins have been doing since Shula has left the building.

Then why post a thread about it?

The tank was over two wins ago...
hate to break it to you but there are about 8 teams at 3-8 or worse, We couldn't expect the team to want to lose but damn how the hell do we have the most talent deficient roster in the NFL and beat these teams lol.

Realistically im giving up on Joe Burrow or even Tua, Better start watching game tape on Fromm and such..

The Following 3/4 win teams might not win another game to boot. I think we’ll be picking 7-9. That’s with us already behind CIN, NYG, WAS... so there’s that...
JAX
CHARGERS
LIONS
CARDINALS
FALCONS
BRONCOS

Let's kill this nonsense right now.

Cincy WON, Wash WON ...we didn't lose any ground with this win.
Even if we would have lost we would still be currently sitting at 3, so as of right now we only slipped one draft spot. One more win though and we could drop as far down as the 10th pick. Oddly enough the team we just beat is the one we want to lose out the rest of the way as they play the Giants twice, and the Redskins. Miami still has a shot at the #1 pick, or they could end up picking somewhere in the middle of the 1st round if they win a couple more games.

As someone rooting for ‘close‘ losses for most the season, I see this exactly as you do.

Finding the right HC and staff is just as important, if not more, than finding a QB or having top draft position in a given season. It’d be nice to have a top 3 selection, but the Dolphins are potentially discovering a lot more.

Not only have they seemingly found a very capable HC, who the players are buying into big time, they are finding and developing some future players in the here and now.

If Flores and staff can win 5 or 6 games with the highest roster turnover in the league (70+ players have played) and a fairly low overall talent level, I’m beyond excited to see what they can do with more.

Lastly, with Tua hurt and potentially slipping in the 2020 draft or even potentially returning to Alabama for one more season, I’m even more ok with slipping down the draft because I don’t care for any of the other QB’s in the class and would rather they target 2021.

My only real disappointment is PITT and HOU continuing to get lucky and win games they shouldn’t win. Both have won at least 3 games they shouldn’t have. Wished those additional selections would have been higher.
Well done!!!

I urge you to go back and look at FH posts from the first years of every prior coach, excluding Cameron. You will find these exact same comments.

Heck, Sparano took a squad that was a year removed from 1-15 and “coached them up” into a division winning playoff team in his first year with some of the most dynamic coaching innovation (wildcat) we’d seen in Miami in decades. All of them “coached them up” compared to the wreckage of the previous failed regime.

Gase was the next BB that first year on FH. People were amazed how he’d turned Tannehill into a legit QB and was stringing together an impressive run until Tannehill’s injury.

Saban was considered a damn God for 9-7 season for ****’s sake. He did it with a mish mash of old vet QBs and the wreckage of Wanny’s depleted and aging roster sans Ricky in year 1.

We even saw people comparing that boob Philbin with Shula early on for some bizarre reason even though he never really showed much of anything to get excited about.
You are correct in stating that the Dolphin fans have been happy to jump on the bandwagon of first year coaches in Miami. In fact they were singing the praises of Cameron when he was hired. It was only after Taylor. Thomas and other veterans on the team turned against Cameron that fans stopped supporting Cameron.

The difference between Flores and all the other head coaches hired since Shula is they were hired to win immediately. They were not hired to watch the front office get rid of their better players while being forced to play with practice squad players and players who would have trouble making the practice squad on most NFL teams. Instead of winning immediately, Flores was given players which made it difficult to even compete early in the season.

I have no idea if Flores will end up being a top tier Head Coach in the NFL once this team actually has decent talent. All I know from what I have seen so far is that his players play hard every week and Flores and his coaching staff have gotten far more out of this bunch of NFL castoffs then anyone expected going into the season.

Flores will be judged as a HC in the NFL after the next two drafts and the free agent signings over the next two years. Until then, we can just hope that he will finally be the right head coach to lead this team for many years to come.

Our new offense runs inside out. Center is more important than LT. I know. I get crushed for this a lot. But I stick by it. Any Brady interview backs me up.
Good point
I hadn't thought of that. However, that could change somewhat if Miami drafts a mobile quarterback.

New England has drafted at the dead ass bottom of the league for a decade and still manages to compete ( I mean win it all). Drafting first overall hasn't always worked out so well either, in fact lots of first round top 5 picks fizzle. We have had our share for sure. You should see evidence that the organization has maybe turned the corner. Grier has helped but to think he drafted Harris, Odrick, or Misi is, well there is a derogatory term that I won't use. Have a little faith in what you see, making chicken salad with chicken ****.

New England has drafted at the dead *** bottom of the league for a decade and still manages to compete ( I mean win it all). Drafting first overall hasn't always worked out so well either, in fact lots of first round top 5 picks fizzle. We have had our share for sure. You should see evidence that the organization has maybe turned the corner. Grier has helped but to think he drafted Harris, Odrick, or Misi is, well there is a derogatory term that I won't use. Have a little faith in what you see, making chicken salad with chicken ****.
A lot of that is true but let’s not forget they have a Hall of Fame quarterback so that was never part of their needs

Yes we are winning... Yes we may not get a top 5 pick. So what?! There is 7 rounds in the draft to find top talent! We have holes everywhere. I'd rather have a coach that is top talent (And it seems we do) who can take no name players and WIN! Its our job as fans to cheer for Dolphins not run the damn team.... If want to be a fan of a team cause you like having a top 5 pick Arizona and Cincinnati are safe teams to be fans of. Do the Patriots draft in the top 5 ever?! NO! How many rings does Tom have? Yeah to dang many! There is amazing talent in every round. Just have to have a good staff to find it. And then a good coach to develop it. I not totally sold on the front office. But I am pretty sure we have the coach. Great win FINS!!!

This is a 2-3 year rebuild at least.
The team has so many needs, they might not even pick a QB in the first round this year.
Remember Fitzpatrick and Rosen are both signed for next year.

Back
Top Bottom