The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

This is interesting. Start a new thread with a poll. I'm truly curious where the board falls. 50/50?
Personally I don't care what FH thinks. When half the board claims that
a) we purged this offseason
b) because we purged we must be tanking on purpose
and a) and b) are wrong they simply do not understand what Grier, Flores and Co are doing this year and what they want to accomplish.

But hey, if you want to run a poll be my guest. :lol:

:cheers:

and a) and b) are wrong they simply do not understand what Grier, Flores and Co are doing this year and what they want to accomplish.

Wait this post seems like you think we can. I'm just curious where you fall.
Let's say we nail the draft and FA. Is playoffs possible?
Personally I think a lil talent Flo can go 8-8. Now some years that can be wild card. Other not.

Personally I think a lil talent Flo can go 8-8. Now some years that can be wild card. Other not.
They currently have a little talent. A medium amount of talent with Flo would be playoffs, a good amount could be super bowl, a large amount would be rings.

At least that's how the Dolphins should market it in the FA off-season.

Hmmmm..

I'm really not interested in Tua, at this point.
I mean why not? We have so many picks. Why not take a chance on the best qb prospect even if we have to redshirt him a year. It would be beneficial to let him sit a year. We have no shot to take Chance Young, so why not roll the dice on greatness?

while 8-8 could be a wild card I personally would not count on it. If I would predict playoff or playoff contention I probably would target 9-7 but most likely 10-6. One of the reasons is that our division requires on average 11-13 wins to win.

I always said that the rebuild is somewhat completed in either 3 or 4 years counting from last offseason.
3 years if our future QB is on the roster (2019, 2020, 2021) with year 3 (2021) being in playoff contention.
4 years if we have to draft a QB (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) with year 4 (2022) being in playoff contention.

It is always hard to predict next season while in the middle of a season and not knowing what the FO will do in FA (which essentially will decide what we will do on draft day). If I would wager a guess I probably see us being more competitive and we should have 6-8 wins next year (but not enough for the playoffs).

while 8-8 could be a wild card I personally would not count on it. If I would predict playoff or playoff contention I probably would target 9-7 but most likely 10-6. One of the reasons is that our division requires on average 11-13 wins to win.

I always said that the rebuild is somewhat completed in either 3 or 4 years counting from last offseason.
3 years if our future QB is on the roster (2019, 2020, 2021) with year 3 (2021) being in playoff contention.
4 years if we have to draft a QB (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) with year 4 (2022) being in playoff contention.

It is always hard to predict next season while in the middle of a season and not knowing what the FO will do in FA (which essentially will decide what we will do on draft day). If I would wager a guess I probably see us being more competitive and we should have 6-8 wins next year (but not enough for the playoffs).

Next years schedy is tough too. 8-8 would be a major accomplishment.

I don't think its a given that Burrow goes to Cincy though. Herbert has better measurables and arm. I could see that coach falling in love with his physical attributes, especially considering his history with Tannehill.

If Cincy takes Herbert #1, I could see Burrow still dropping to Dolphins if they are still somewhere in the Top 10. Jags, Chargers or Broncos would be the competition to get him.

Here’s the thing:

Would anyone be even remotely surprised if the Dolphins win three of their last four games?

Because I wouldn’t be.

We did purge we have Roster money and draft capital

We did a great job of retooling cough bottom four - let’s celebrate those victories

We are in line to pick our future Qb or wait till 2021 - possibly Tua falling to us like a meteor crashing to earth

our luck we don’t need a top three pick to own the draft

this all happened because we purposely tanked cough metelytinkered with the season for the future

I kno it isnt hard for you to celebrate 3 victories like we won the SB - but some of us have higher goals

Here’s the thing:

Would anyone be even remotely surprised if the Dolphins win three of their last four games?

Because I wouldn’t be.

Given their performance the last month, no. I think they split it 2-2 at this point ending up with a 5-11 record.

After the Jets' let down against another winless team this week, I think they will come out strong against the Dolphins in New York in kind of a revenge game, so I have that pegged as a loss. But the Giants look listless and the Bengals already got their win so I think they pack it in. Patriots is a wildcard to me because they could play it with a bunch of scrubs if they can't move up or down in playoff seeding by the final game.

EDIT:

I just used the playoff machine tool to see how it could shake out. The way I predicted the remaning games in the league, Dolphins finish 5-11 and could end up with anywhere from 5th to 10th pick in that scenario depending on SOS.

Last edited:
I can't stand this weak mentality.
You found a coaching staff with practically, nothing, that beat a team just yesterday removed from the SB and the only thing you can think about is we "may" not draft Top 10.

Are you freaking kidding me? The most important thing is staring you in your face and you don't see it....

This coaching can coach players up...period! That's worth it's weight in gold!

They're showing you if you give them players they will find a way to coach them up...

As someone rooting for ‘close‘ losses for most the season, I see this exactly as you do.

Finding the right HC and staff is just as important, if not more, than finding a QB or having top draft position in a given season. It’d be nice to have a top 3 selection, but the Dolphins are potentially discovering a lot more.

Not only have they seemingly found a very capable HC, who the players are buying into big time, they are finding and developing some future players in the here and now.

If Flores and staff can win 5 or 6 games with the highest roster turnover in the league (70+ players have played) and a fairly low overall talent level, I’m beyond excited to see what they can do with more.

Lastly, with Tua hurt and potentially slipping in the 2020 draft or even potentially returning to Alabama for one more season, I’m even more ok with slipping down the draft because I don’t care for any of the other QB’s in the class and would rather they target 2021.

My only real disappointment is PITT and HOU continuing to get lucky and win games they shouldn’t win. Both have won at least 3 games they shouldn’t have. Wished those additional selections would have been higher.

We should have hired freddie kitchens...
Lol

Back
Top Bottom