The Texans current pick | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I personally want the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Tua vs Trevor twice a year for the next decade sounds like good football to me. You cant be the best, if you cant beat the best.

Plus I want them to ge their **** together to renew the rivalry. It is sad and embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Jets to deny them the playoffs, instead of a bunch of meaningless wins against a floormat team.

I’m fine with them getting Trevor but I hope they keep Gase. Gase will destroy Trevor mentally and we will never have to worry about them.

The way things are heading an oline piece may be priority numero uno

Again? how many failed attempts at Oline is enough for you to start realizing some things?
No way, no way is the Oline a priority in the draft. No way! I do not care how bad you think it is.

Again? how many failed attempts at Oline is enough for you to start realizing some things?
No way, no way is the Oline a priority in the draft. No way! I do not care how bad you think it is.
Just for clarification, are you saying this attempt is already a failure?

It may be in the staff's view (I'm not ready to say that), and if so, wouldn't it be reasonable to make more investment?

Are you thinking Sewell?

Or several (3) adds?

as others said Sewell won’t get past cinci so it’s probably moot. I also doubt Miami is gonna move Austin Jackson they gonna bet on his development. Might come down to what they see Hunt at long term. I’m still not buying into the tackle stuff. But if that’s the case and they gonna bet on him too next year as a tackle and davis who I’m sure comes back then it comes down to karras and I’d say that’s 50/50 whether he’s resigned or not and right guard.

imo right guard becomes a priority if Hunt is viewed as a tackle. Kindley looks more and more like depth to me every week. And I don’t think we have much else in the cupboard there.

keeping in mind that I’m not saying we have to burn a top 50 pick on a right guard I think I’d just be adding a piece to the mix/competition. Something that can probably play both guard slots left guard being more about quality depth cause I’m sure flowers keeps that gig for at least another year

probably can get it rather cheap in free agency if I don’t want to burn a mid round pick on it. But like anything else the board should dictate so if it falls in my lap I’d pounce

Getting excited about a pick so early is naive, just like it was in 2011 and 2019. You can’t get too excited until weeks 14 and on. Even the Jets shouldn’t be counting their chickens just yet. That Jags team may not win again and the Jets have better QB’s, sadly. I’m surprised there isn’t a thread started yet saying we should throw the game to block Lawrence to the Jets. Maybe lll start one to beat the rush because we know it’s coming (like it’s a realistic possibility).

as others said Sewell won’t get past cinci so it’s probably moot. I also doubt Miami is gonna move Austin Jackson they gonna bet on his development. Might come down to what they see Hunt at long term. I’m still not buying into the tackle stuff. But if that’s the case and they gonna bet on him too next year as a tackle and davis who I’m sure comes back then it comes down to karras and I’d say that’s 50/50 whether he’s resigned or not and right guard.

imo right guard becomes a priority if Hunt is viewed as a tackle. Kindley looks more and more like depth to me every week. And I don’t think we have much else in the cupboard there.

keeping in mind that I’m not saying we have to burn a top 50 pick on a right guard I think I’d just be adding a piece to the mix/competition. Something that can probably play both guard slots left guard being more about quality depth cause I’m sure flowers keeps that gig for at least another year

probably can get it rather cheap in free agency if I don’t want to burn a mid round pick on it. But like anything else the board should dictate so if it falls in my lap I’d pounce

Here we agree. I don't see an OLman in R1 and, likely, not R2 unless a prospect drops. FA is likely, if needed. I'm not arguing the OL couldn't use an upgrade. Only that Miami has a handful of holes and I don't think OL comes before Edge, ILB, WR. What none of us know is how the coaches evaluate Hunt, Jackson, Kindley, how much they think an off-season will help, or where their ceiling is projected. Some pretend to know, but those AREN'T known. Run game needs to be improved. How Flo/Grier plan to get there, I have no idea

I have no problem getting another O-line in free agency or drafting one more O-line but please, stop passing on play makers just because we're trying to build the "perfect" O-line. We got 3 rookies and it'll take some time. The O-line had done a good job of pass protection till this past Sunday. That's one bad game and here we have people asking for more corn!!

Yes they need to get better but I believe they will. However, we won't go very far with the "skill" position guys we have an offense. This is the NFL in 2020......you need playmakers. Those are the guys that score points. I know some people will say that it doesn't matter how many play makers you have unless you have a top O-line. well guess what? We're not gonna have 22 pro bowlers so the priority should be QB,WR,RB,TE and on defense is corners and pass rushers. That's where you build your team. There's no way we can compete with the top teams unless we have those weapons first.

Here we agree. I don't see an OLman in R1 and, likely, not R2 unless a prospect drops. FA is likely, if needed. I'm not arguing the OL couldn't use an upgrade. Only that Miami has a handful of holes and I don't think OL comes before Edge, ILB, WR. What none of us know is how the coaches evaluate Hunt, Jackson, Kindley, how much they think an off-season will help, or where their ceiling is projected. Some pretend to know, but those AREN'T known. Run game needs to be improved. How Flo/Grier plan to get there, I have no idea
Pretty much how I see it, as well.

At this point, I have faith that Flo knows what he is doing.

Just for clarification, are you saying this attempt is already a failure?

It may be in the staff's view (I'm not ready to say that), and if so, wouldn't it be reasonable to make more investment?

It is a failure if you draft them high day 1 and day 2 and they are not ready to perform immediately. Since another attempt at drafting Oline high will fail, it will fail again, then fail on day 3. Fail in UDFA. do not fail again on day 1 and 2! No way!
I like jackson, because even tho strength, footwork, nuances of the game are not there yet, physically, frame-wise, and athletically he can play at a top level, he will always have that to fall on. That's comforting. And sometimes you take a guy like that on day 1 because nothing else is available and you need a tackle. But right now, we already got that. No way we go again for that, no way! Wait til day 3!

I have no problem getting another O-line in free agency or drafting one more O-line but please, stop passing on play makers just because we're trying to build the "perfect" O-line. We got 3 rookies and it'll take some time. The O-line had done a good job of pass protection till this past Sunday. That's one bad game and here we have people asking for more corn!!

Yes they need to get better but I believe they will. However, we won't go very far with the "skill" position guys we have an offense. This is the NFL in 2020......you need playmakers. Those are the guys that score points. I know some people will say that it doesn't matter how many play makers you have unless you have a top O-line. well guess what? We're not gonna have 22 pro bowlers so the priority should be QB,WR,RB,TE and on defense is corners and pass rushers. That's where you build your team. There's no way we can compete with the top teams unless we have those weapons first.

Agree. I'd like 2-3 top quarter OLmen, but teams do quite well with 5 mid-tier OLmen. That's why I have doubts about a R1 OLman.

I'd like a seasoned guy, free agent, whomever might be available along with a later draft pick. Need a good center though

Back
Top Bottom