The Top 3 QB's are gone: Which QB would you pick late? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Top 3 QB's are gone: Which QB would you pick late?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey all, so lots of draft talk about this scenario or that scenario...
Let's say Burrow goes #1, someone trades to 3 for Tua, and someone trades into 4 for Herbert.
Is there a QB that you like that you would grab later on? Or would you just pass altogether?
Who would you go for, and what round?
I am personally very curious about James Morgan from FIU. I would like to see how he fares at the combine. Daniel Jeremiah said at the EastWest Shrine that he has all the tools, the size, and a great interview. His knock was downfield accuracy corrected by mechanics. The only other thing I have seen about him was a lack of TD passes at his level of competition was concerning.
Maybe 4th round for this guy? A lot of people were praising Jordan Love's performance at the Senior Bowl. I actually thought he stunk. I get his skill set, but when he gets nothing done, but when Anthony Gordon comes in and throws it all over and Love really just had no production, I get tired of hearing analysts make excuses for a guy with an incredible skill set and think, well, maybe he just isn't up to it.
But I'm no scout, and I admit that I may be way wrong.
Anyway, would love to hear your choices.

In that scenario, it would depend on how the FO feels about Love. If he is someone they think they can shape and trust him, then take him at 5 and don't wait and hope he's there at 18.

I think this is all moot anyway though because I will be hugely surprised if we let anyone jump us for Tua. He's our guy, one way or another, folks who don't like it, really need to accept that their opinion means very little here, the FO made their mind up long ago and only a huge set back in his recovery will change the course here. Just wish we had been smart and lost those games at the end of the season to allow us to keep all our draft picks, just really a question of how much victories at NE and against the Bungles cost us, I'm thinking a 1st and a 2nd at this point.

In that scenario, it would depend on how the FO feels about Love. If he is someone they think they can shape and trust him, then take him at 5 and don't wait and hope he's there at 18.

I think this is all moot anyway though because I will be hugely surprised if we let anyone jump us for Tua. He's our guy, one way or another, folks who don't like it, really need to accept that their opinion means very little here, the FO made their mind up long ago and only a huge set back in his recovery will change the course here. Just wish we had been smart and lost those games at the end of the season to allow us to keep all our draft picks, just really a question of how much victories at NE and against the Bungles cost us, I'm thinking a 1st and a 2nd at this point.
Don’t want Love at #5 but everything you wrote is spot on -

Josh Rosen.

100% agree with this. I was shocked somebody else had posted it. Josh Rosen will logically have more ability and upside than any of the consolation quarterbacks available in this draft. There is no chance I'm drafting a quarterback in the 4th round when I already have Josh Rosen on the roster.

This season was all about qualifying for the elite guy. That's why hoops' slit wrists comment was appropriate. This is not a chess piece sport. Too many fans continue to wrongly look at it that way. You need the trump card quarterback. I hope San Francisco wins the Super Bowl. I'd rather be Kansas City going forward.

Actually in rereading the title if Herbert is considered quarterback #3 I'm fine with Jordan Love at 4th

Amazes me that people still hold a candle for Josh Rosen.

This isn't a guy we've been waiting years to 'get over the hump'.

This is a guy we've been waiting years to not be abjectly terrible at the sport.

there’s multiple players that contributed this year that we’re considered “terrible at the sport”. I’m not a Rosen believer but then again Nik Needham was terrible at the sport during the lee season. I know not the same duration as Rosen but I think some people think the Josh Rosen juice is worth one more squeeze after an entire year w/ a nice staff

In a sense, Josh Rosen is your “late round QB project”

Jordan Love to me is QB 3 and I would take him as a consolation prize should we for whatever reason decide not to go get Tua.

How anyone at this stage of his career could take Josh Rosen over any of the top quarterbacks, even the ones I'm not particularly big fan of, is beyond me. Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, Justin Herbert, Jacob Eason all look more promising. Jalen Hurts probably deserves more of a look than Rosen at this stage.

Eason or Fromm, depending on whether you want tools or superior game management.

Move down for more picks if possible. I'd not draft any other QB in the first round other than Burrow, Tua or Herbert.
Absolutely. Rosen has a higher chance for success than the rest of the rookie QB's. He is better than people think.

Besides having perhaps the worst OL in Pro Football last year during the stretch he got to play in, Rosen also had several perfect throws dropped by Williams, Grant, etc...

and for those that want to argue he didn't play well in Arizona either - Same story there. Worst team in the league and OL was horrible.

Last edited:
Move down for more picks if possible. I'd not draft any other QB in the first round other than Burrow, Tua or Herbert.

That's how Chris Grier thinks, like you he just wants to fk around with picks.

Back
Top Bottom