The top 4 reasons I'm guessing Frerotte won't be back now that we have Mularkey. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top 4 reasons I'm guessing Frerotte won't be back now that we have Mularkey.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
4. Linehan is gone.

3. We won't restructure his contract to give him the kind of money he wants to stay and therefore he'll be cut and signed by St. Louis as a backup.

2. Mularkey will implement his offense which I'm assuming Frerotte will know very little of.

1. Mularkey's best QB's have had completion % of 60.2, 62.1, 57.4, 56.9, and 67.4 in the past 5 years and accuracy isn't Frerotte's strong suit.

I know I'm just guessing here and I realize we'll need a veteran QB when we draft a young QB to be the long term solution but I just don't see Frerotte being that stop gap. If Holcomb is a FA (which I don't know if he is or not), he may be this year's version of Frerotte but a little more accurate.

Ya that does make me wonder somewhat.

NO AARON ON THIS TEAM PLEASE!!! I'll take Kitna or keep Frerrotte..

Mularkey's style of offense won't be much different than Linehan's. I am sure Saban and Mueller will do good and put the right pieces together.

TO #81 WILL BE A FIN!!!!

:goof:

If we bring in Holcomb i will have to break out a fire Mularkey before its too late bandwagon!

phinfan2003 said:
4. Linehan is gone.

3. We won't restructure his contract to give him the kind of money he wants to stay and therefore he'll be cut and signed by St. Louis as a backup.

2. Mularkey will implement his offense which I'm assuming Frerotte will know very little of.

1. Mularkey's best QB's have had completion % of 60.2, 62.1, 57.4, 56.9, and 67.4 in the past 5 years and accuracy isn't Frerotte's strong suit.

I know I'm just guessing here and I realize we'll need a veteran QB when we draft a young QB to be the long term solution but I just don't see Frerotte being that stop gap. If Holcomb is a FA (which I don't know if he is or not), he may be this year's version of Frerotte but a little more accurate.

That seems like wishful thinking.

GF has already said he plans to restructure.

GF as a veteran will probably have a leg up on learning any system when compared to a rookie or even Lemon.

Stewart was always a very inaccurate QB and he was in MM's offense.

@@@@@ said:
If we bring in Holcomb i will have to break out a fire Mularkey before its too late bandwagon!

I'm not saying that Holcomb is our saviour and he's the missing piece. I'm just saying that he's more accurate than Frerotte and if we're looking for a veteran QB to be a stop-gap, who has exp. playing in Mularkey's system (much the same way Frerotte was last yr. w/ Linehan) then we have 3 choices:

Holcomb
Maddox
Stewart

Out of these 3, I think I'd take Holcomb. He's not my #1 choice for QB for next year but neither is Frerotte.

rafael said:
That seems like wishful thinking.

GF has already said he plans to restructure.

GF as a veteran will probably have a leg up on learning any system when compared to a rookie or even Lemon.

Stewart was always a very inaccurate QB and he was in MM's offense.

Stewart was a bit erratic as a QB but when Mularkey was OC in 2001, Stewart had a 60.2 completion % in 2001 the year they had the best record in the AFC. The following season he kind of fell off and that's when Maddox stepped in with his 62.1 completion %.

i think gus and sage will both be out of here, leaving 2 qb spots, i think down the road if brock berlin can perform in NFLE, he will be here in a backup capacity. but for now, i feel the FA that will be brought in will be like gus, a filler until our QB of the future is ready to go. so that would leave in my estimation the only correct choice is McCown, i do not think he will mind being brought in as a QB filler and possibly running the show while we work on the rookie qb, which now makes me feel like saban will not draft a QB in the first round and will likely look at croyle or shockley from the SEC as the rookie QB

Jaj said:
Ya that does make me wonder somewhat.

i think your picture tells a story. You guys who wish for Gus to be gone keep trying.......Saban asked Gus to do what he did and he did it well for the most part. This offense needs the least amount of change that will already happen and Gus is now used to CC and co. I just do not see it happening unless Gus does not restructure.

lets also not forget that we may draft two QB's as well. One may be a 7th rounder so........we shall see. We are talking future here folks not another retread. Mcnair is staying put, Carr is staying, ect... your running out of Gus bashing replacements everyday.

Because he knows the receivers? That excuse is getting old. What the hell did that do for Jay Fiedler for 4 years...

Jaj said:
Because he knows the receivers? That excuse is getting old. What the hell did that do for Jay Fiedler for 4 years...

:yeahthat:

Frerotte proved to me that he can lead this team to a winning season. I have nothing against having him back and getting a young quarterback for him to groom.

Back
Top Bottom