The top 4 reasons I'm guessing Frerotte won't be back now that we have Mularkey. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top 4 reasons I'm guessing Frerotte won't be back now that we have Mularkey.

Aaron Brroks? OMG how low have some of us stooped? Hell we might as well bring Dan back from retirement, or how about Ryan Leaf...he has a strong arm!!! I still have a feeling that Jay Cutler will be around for us when we pick so I'm not giving up on him untill mid-April.

rafael said:
I take that to mean that MM does a good job of improving the accuracy of his QB's, by putting them in situations to succeed. That hardly makes it less likely that Gus will be here.

Unless it's safe to assume that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When Kordell improved, he was relatively new at the QB position. I don't think Gus will improve in this area at this point in his career.

SabanEra84 said:
i think gus and sage will both be out of here, leaving 2 qb spots, i think down the road if brock berlin can perform in NFLE, he will be here in a backup capacity. but for now, i feel the FA that will be brought in will be like gus, a filler until our QB of the future is ready to go. so that would leave in my estimation the only correct choice is McCown, i do not think he will mind being brought in as a QB filler and possibly running the show while we work on the rookie qb, which now makes me feel like saban will not draft a QB in the first round and will likely look at croyle or shockley from the SEC as the rookie QB

shockley maybe, but croyle???? come on, that guy is swiss cheese..... he is a bust, and i WAY overrated.... he is no good and not worth it at all......... imo

Unless it's safe to assume that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When Kordell improved, he was relatively new at the QB position. I don't think Gus will improve in this area at this point in his career.

Kordell improved largely because Mularky introduced something Kordell had (inexplicably) not used at all at that point in his career... timing routes.

I think it's safe to say that Gus knows about timing routes.

Guys, time to face it... Gus is not an accurate quarterback... he never was. It's just somehting he doesn't do well, and never will. I read once that over the last ten years he's second from the bottom on accuracy overall.

You put up with that for a back-up with a strong arm. You simply can't put up with it in a starter. It will kill you.

A lot of the problems we had this year was three-and-outs. We could move the ball downfield at times, but were horrible at sustained drives. Which meant we were getting KILLED in Time of possesion and our defense was showing the strain. That's just what you get with Gus.

Check out my sig for ONE reason why Frerotte should not be the starting QB next season. He can be a suitable backup, but he has no business starting. I can't imagine how a FA that is brought in doesn't beat him out in some type of open competition.

I don't know what we're going to do on the QB front, it's so wide open. Now, with a new offensive coordinator in Mike Mularkey is makes it even more unclear. My ultimate dream would be getting a guy like Rivers, Carr, Brees, etc. and keeping Sage Rosenfels as our backup. Unfortunately, its just not going to happen. I will settle for a good, experienced QB such as McNair, or others. It just all depends. However, if Saban and Mularkey entrust Frerotte with another year at the starting QB, I will support that decision.

finfan54 said:
i think your picture tells a story. You guys who wish for Gus to be gone keep trying.......Saban asked Gus to do what he did and he did it well for the most part. This offense needs the least amount of change that will already happen and Gus is now used to CC and co. I just do not see it happening unless Gus does not restructure.

lets also not forget that we may draft two QB's as well. One may be a 7th rounder so........we shall see. We are talking future here folks not another retread. Mcnair is staying put, Carr is staying, ect... your running out of Gus bashing replacements everyday.

Gus did what well ?? He was better than Ears or AJ...big deal...he was too inaccurate and eratic in his passing. He is a career backup...that's it and he did nothing to prove any different...I'm not saying there are loads of guys sitting there to replace him, but there has to be someone better....

Ramsey, Garrard, McCown, Kitna, Carr, just about anyone....

nopony said:
Kordell improved largely because Mularky introduced something Kordell had (inexplicably) not used at all at that point in his career... timing routes.

I think it's safe to say that Gus knows about timing routes.

Guys, time to face it... Gus is not an accurate quarterback... he never was. It's just somehting he doesn't do well, and never will. I read once that over the last ten years he's second from the bottom on accuracy overall.

You put up with that for a back-up with a strong arm. You simply can't put up with it in a starter. It will kill you.

A lot of the problems we had this year was three-and-outs. We could move the ball downfield at times, but were horrible at sustained drives. Which meant we were getting KILLED in Time of possesion and our defense was showing the strain. That's just what you get with Gus.

Pony..I've been saying this since TC...everyone bashed me when I wanted him replaced after the Denver game...then he went on to prove my point over and over again...His biggest problem is not just the missed long ball opportunities, but the missed slants and the fact that when he does get it to the reciever, they usually have to contort their bodies and/or alter the routes to adjust to where he is throwing the ball, limiting the YACs...It was time to face it in March when he was signed...he was a backup then and should still be one...too bad we have nothing better as of right now...

@@@@@ said:
If we bring in Holcomb i will have to break out a fire Mularkey before its too late bandwagon!

How about Kordell ? :sidelol:

QB's with a better QB rating than Gus:
Brad Johnson 88.9
David Garrard 83.9
Kurt Warner 85.8
David Carr 77.2
Drew Bledsoe 83.7
Josh McCown 74.9
Joey Harrington 72.2
Brooks Bollinger 72.0 (the Jets 3rd stringer....)
Mike Vick 73.1
Trent Dilfer 76.9
kerry Collins 77.3

GUS 71.9
What else can I say about our QB situation

dolfanrodney said:
I bet anything if we let Gus go not only does he go to St Louis but he will start and they will draft a QB for Linhan to groom or they will try and get someone young like Carr or Harrington, maybe even Rivers.

He'd start over Bulgar....???? You are kidding, right ???

Back
Top Bottom