The top two QB's may fall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top two QB's may fall?

I think the pats lack of running ability has alot more to do with the guys up front than the guy running the ball. They may decide to go after a DB because of Ty law. Ty Law is supposed to get like 9 million next year and he says he isn't taking a dollar less. Tha's alot of money tied to one player...

--Ross

Well you gotta cut him then. Go after one of the million good CBs on the market.

So called experts are split on this one. Some point to the malloy issue at the beginning of last year and say no way law will be kept when malloy wasn't. Others think they will get a new deal done despite what Law said. And then again some NE Fans think he will get his money...

--Ross

Originally posted by OneHondo
Has anyone considered the Pats have two picks in the 1st round, but only one real need, (Runningback). With the talent they have they have no other real needs and I wonder if they might consider trading their two 1st round picks to SD for the top pick so they can get the top RB? Just speculation.

their isn't a top 5 RB to take at #1. besides i don't think SD wants the #21 and #32 pick.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well if thats the case ZOD your point was kinda weak then cuz you didnt take into account trades. I mean if you're not trying to say that there's a strong possibility Eli and Ben would fall, then why bother going though all the logic.

The logic in "the fall" is really just speculation. Speculation to the tune of a thread labeled "My most recent Mock draft" except I don't do mock drafts.

Did you read the question that was posed to Jason Cole and his answer? He said what alot of people on this message board have said. It's coming close to (dumb down) conventional wisdom that Eli and Ben will be taken by the three current top picks.

Why bother with all the logic? Conversation such as......

Its interesting that Green said he loves McCown but Norv's statements that say you build your team around the QB, I would expect that would be a strong indication that he at least will go for QB even if Marty and Dennis do not want to. If Al Davis wants to win now who is he going to go with? Marquis Tuiasasopu? No offense to him but he's not the answer. All the QBs out there are one or two years then done types...Garcia, Brunell, even Warner if he becomes available.

Ah the Raiders...I forget who said it but they said that Bruce Allen was the glue that held things together in Oakland. I really don't think Al Davis is too smart. He is the owner that sat a RB on the bench just out of spite. And what about the 2002 league MVP?

Originally posted by OneHondo
Has anyone considered the Pats have two picks in the 1st round, but only one real need, (Runningback). With the talent they have they have no other real needs and I wonder if they might consider trading their two 1st round picks to SD for the top pick so they can get the top RB? Just speculation.

What did the Jets give up last year to move to the 4th pick, #14 and #24 as well as a conditional pick in a weak draft? If there was a RB worthy of the 1st pick, it'd take a ton more than the 21st and 31st or 32nd pick in the 1st to get SD's pick.

Eli and Ben could fall out of the top 5 into the top 10 but not to 15 or even 20. The Cards and Raiders need new blood at QB but both also need lots of help elsewhere. Take the Giants, they even want Manning. The Giants o line is garbage and the perceived solution is a QB? Too much focus on QB's when much has to do with O line. The teams that made the playoffs had arguably the best O lines in the league. My point? The media and fans always perceive the QB and other skill positions as the problem when the problem might and most times is an a below average o line. A QB under pressure and a QB with time is the difference between a bumb and a pro bowler sometimes. Not always though.

Back
Top Bottom