The "TRADE DOWN" Bandwagon! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "TRADE DOWN" Bandwagon!

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
with no 2nd round pick, and the potential of seeing the top defensive backs being drafted ahead of us, i think we NEED to trade down and at least TRY toget a 2nd rounder. we only have 3 day 1 picks now, and 3 7th rounders. our biggest hope is that a big player drops to 16 (young?) so we can make the move! who's with me???

Yeah we really need to trade down, So I think I will hop in the passenger seat. Trading down and getting Nick Mangold and a DB with the next pick would be great. However we did get a proven Franchise QB with that 2nd round pick so its not like its a waste.

actually it looks like it's a 2007 2nd round pick, which changes everything! still, it'd be nice to get extra picks, or maybe even a 2nd rounder for next year.

I am on this bandwagon big time, whether we gave up a 2006 or 2007 2nd rounder.

This draft is very deep and we coud get some great value by trading down.

And from the looks at most of the mock drafts it almost looks like a stretch for who ever we take at 16 (except maybe Jimmy Williams). So trading down would be a great strategy!!

Juan Cribbs said:
with no 2nd round pick, and the potential of seeing the top defensive backs being drafted ahead of us, i think we NEED to trade down and at least TRY toget a 2nd rounder. we only have 3 day 1 picks now, and 3 7th rounders. our biggest hope is that a big player drops to 16 (young?) so we can make the move! who's with me???

When did the move the 4th round to the first day of the draft????

i thought it out, and i think swapping firsts with a team in the 25-32 range, as well as getting maybe a 3rd rounder this year, AND next year's 2nd rounder would be a fair deal. it seems like something the colts would do in a heart. not only would we have more picks this year, but we gain the pick we lost in the culpepper trade. either way, i'd rather trade down this year.

Wait a minute...the trade was for a 2007 2nd round pick? I thought it was for a 2006 2nd round pick but if is a 2007 then that's good news....I know is still a 2nd rounder but it'd give us time to maybe trade a player for that 2nd rounder.I'm also all for moving down if we can actually find a team to trade with but the other good thing is that by not getting Brees we can use some money to get 2 or 3 more free agents.

Ozzy rules!!

Juan Cribbs said:

:wink:

I'm on the wagon. Trade down grab Ko Simpson and grab some extra picks regardless what year this 2nd is from. Although I wouldn't be surprised or upset if we stayed at 16 and took Chad Jackson.

im on that bandwagon! i hope we can grab cromartie late in the 1st and grab an o lineman with the other pick we get.

I heard it is 2007. But I am still for trading down. I have been promotin this for a while now

Im on the wagon..for sure!
Lets trade down and get back that 2nd rd.

we definately should trade down. if we could trade down to the point where we still get a starting DB in the first and get a 2nd round we would be golden. before next season we need to get in some way shape or form a DB, SS, LB, G, and maybe a DT and WR- if this happens i will pencil us in for the division title and a first round bye.

this years draft is stacked with LB and we could nab a pretty good one in the second which would be ideal. so if in the culpepper trade the 2nd round pick was next years this may not matter but if it was this years we need to find a way to get more picks.

even if it is next years pick i would still not be opposed to trading down unless someone great unbeleivably falls to the 16 pick.

Back
Top Bottom