The "TRADE DOWN" Bandwagon! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "TRADE DOWN" Bandwagon!

Are we sure it is a 2007 2nd rounder? I believe the scroll on the bottom of the screen on ESPN keeps saying 2006 2nd rounder.

Yeah, I'd say trade down ONLY if one of these two players are not available at 16: Jimmy Williams or Chad Greenway. But if one of those two are not available, trading down to the end of the first would be smart, where we could still pick up a guy like Cromartie, Jason Allen (Who I know Saban likes), Ko Simpson, and others.

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/137">Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

maybe we can get Denver to swap our #16 for their 2 first rounders, #s 22 and 29 overall. we could then get Manny Lawson and a top CB like Tye HIll or Cromatie or go with Mangold.

Manny Lawson has never been my top pick for the draft but if we can trade down to the 40-45th pick we could land Manny and acquire an additional pick(s). That sounds like the best scenario to me at this point.

finresurrection said:
Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/137">Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

maybe we can get Denver to swap our #16 for their 2 first rounders, #s 22 and 29 overall. we could then get Manny Lawson and a top CB like Tye HIll or Cromatie or go with Mangold.

We'd have to give up more than that. Ricky maybe? If he is cleared. That would put us in great position to grab Simpson and Mangold/Carpenter.

Its a 2006 second round draft pick. I wonder why people keep thinking its next year?

Rubbin420 said:
Its a 2006 second round draft pick. I wonder why people keep thinking its next year?

Yes we know that now. When the deal first when down multiple sources were saying 2007.

SpeedRush99 said:
We'd have to give up more than that. Ricky maybe? If he is cleared. That would put us in great position to grab Simpson and Mangold/Carpenter.

Carpenter and Simpson would be a dream come true

I think we have a chance at trading down. There are lots of teams that need running backs that will still be there when we pick but may not be there when they pick. Jacksonville, Indy, and even the Steelers may have interest in moving up to get a player such as Lendale White or Demetrius Williams before someone else does. This obviously depends on who they really want. But there are a few scenarios that could allow us to trade down. Not sure if it would happen but I would be please with the move unless someone who we really could use is there when its our team.

i go to Ohio state and love the buckeyes and would love to have mangold on the fins

but isnt he undersized to be a starting C in the NFL???

just curious

We need some dancen partners but no doubt we ned to get value picks back...God it almost seems like Wanny and Spiel are pissen away more picks.

TRADE DOWN and get some SPEED,SIZE and YOUTH.

Back
Top Bottom