The True Test of The Tunsil Trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The True Test of The Tunsil Trade

Daddy used to take me to the woodshed when i did something disagreable, like trade 2 first round pick and a 2nd for a LT that has issues... lol
And not to mention that Tunsil cost them a $66m contract, ouch.

Its going to be a nightmare for Houston to rebuild as a result. Little draft capital, aging players, not much they can receive from trade aways... and, what good coach wants to step into that mess?

I mean Tunsil is a hell of a player and it was a shame we couldn't keep him. We won that trade though and it isn't even close.

The dolphins unloaded an expiring contract at left tackle and Kenny stills for 2 first, 2 seconds. We secured our franchise qb and provided cap relief from having to eat the salary.

Meanwhile on the other side the Texans lost two years of picks which could have been used for cheap rookie options at positions of need. On top of that they outbid themselves so hilariously tunsils contract worth shot through the roof. They gave up a franchise qb worth of assets to get a left tackle. The only way they win the trade is if they got much better and made the super bowl. It didn't happen and now they lose another year of rebuilding pieces because of that trade.

We straight took them to school with that trade and we are much better off for it
Yeah, LT and his agent must have been creaming themselves over the leverage they obtained over the Texans.

The Texans HC should have mutinied against the GM and the GM should have fired the HC during that whole fiasco.

Teams get desperate when they think they are close and do stupid things. The Texans did that here. We did it with Suh (money not picks) when we just missed the playoffs the year before, with 3 late game defensive collapses. I think that is why the Pats were good for so long. They didn't overpay for high price FA's, they let stars walk when it made financial sense, they used their draft picks wisely (for the most part), and signed key good players on the low, who were not a good fit on other teams.

Pretty epic collapse on their part... Sort of inverse mirror images -- their rapid decline - our rapid ascension.

I think Grier included some serious Voodoo in that trade!

:ponder:

Teams get desperate when they think they are close and do stupid things. The Texans did that here. We did it with Suh (money not picks) when we just missed the playoffs the year before, with 3 late game defensive collapses. I think that is why the Pats were good for so long. They didn't overpay for high price FA's, they let stars walk when it made financial sense, they used their draft picks wisely (for the most part), and signed key good players on the low, who were not a good fit on other teams.
And Tom didn’t take a full salary for his success and that freed up money for better players

This trade and especially the Hopkins trade showed that, while Bill O Brien the coach was decent, Bill O Brien the GM destroyed the team. Imagine if we could have gotten in on the Hopkins trade as well... I would have creamed myself

I will stick my neck out and predict that he holds out after this season for the payday. Book it
I’m glad we’re not paying that tab. It was a brilliant trade. There’s not a team in the league that would not have done that deal.

Back
Top Bottom