The truth hurts. Finz brass listen! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The truth hurts. Finz brass listen!

The only thing I find worrisome is Flo and McD are on the same trajectory when it comes to the other side of the ball. Neither could find stability. Although I believe McD is better to work with it’s producing the same. 3 years, 3 coordinator’s on the other side of the ball.

I’m a big fan of continuity even though I’m aware there have been teams who go on to do great things without it.
A big difference between McD and Flores is that McD was not afraid to bring in the best coordinator he could.…..that is a good sign in my opinion

Nothing new about the article. I liked the Fangio hire and appreciate what they were trying to do

The Dolphins were a top 5 defense when they had the starters on the field. Injuries decimated the defense over the last 6 weeks of the season but they still finished as the 10th ranked defense in the NFL with the third highest sack total.

So hiring Fangio was a good hire at the time it happened but Fangio obviously preferred being closer to his family and decided to leave after one season with the Dolphins. It’s no big deal as far as I am concerned. Miami will end up hiring a solid DC and Fangio will be happier being close to his family and being the DC of the Eagles.

I really have no idea why anyone would be upset with the money Ross spends on his coaching staff. The money spent on coaches isn’t included in the cap and the money paid to Fangio was merely coffee money for Ross who has a net worth over $10 billion dollars.

Mcd went for the best without maybe looking for the 'fit' with the players. Fangio is older both in age and philosophy and may not have related to the players like Mcd set the president for. This is evident now, but Mcd is a two year head coach that has never even been a coordinator. There's much learning for him to do to become successful, work alone will not do it. witness late last season and the lack of adjustment.

I don't blame McD and Grier for pulling the trigger on Fangio even if they knew it may be short lived. He was the best out there and they knew it was their window, so they went for it. With the pending free agents, last year was their best chance for a Super Bowl run. It failed miserably, but no guts, no glory. They took their best shot, lost, so you now move on.

I don't blame McD and Grier for pulling the trigger on Fangio even if they knew it may be short lived. He was the best out there and they knew it was their window, so they went for it. With the pending free agents, last year was their best chance for a Super Bowl run. It failed miserably, but no guts, no glory. They took their best shot, lost, so you now move on.
things that make you go hmmmm

Only thing I would say is it didn’t seem reciprocated, the passion or drive to be here

Just a warning to everyone else: no need to read this.

Unless you live under a rock.
Exactly, I mostly scrolled as there was no useful or exciting info In it. Who cares what Ross pays him, it doesn’t go against the cap so that’s irrelevant.

Stupid ****in’ article.

It’s basic premise is that we should’ve hired an inferior candidate for defensive coordinator because good candidates might very well leave sooner.

0/10
would not read again.

Don't think it's sooo stupid. There's something to hiring a guy that WANTS to coach rather that DECIDES to coach whether the clincher is money or power or something else.

I'm certainly not going to blast Ross for throwing money to candidates at the tippidity top. Everyone wants to own the Ferrari even if you don't fit comfortably in one and Ross ponies up to buy 'em.

We may want to consider youthful eagerness over indifferent experience.

Stupid ****in’ article.

It’s basic premise is that we should’ve hired an inferior candidate for defensive coordinator because good candidates might very well leave sooner.

0/10
would not read again.
I don't think that's really the premise.

I think the premise is hiring your second choice who really loves the situation, wants to be here and wants to make it work might be better than hiring a top choice whose heart isn't in it.

This is stupid so it’s an issue that Miami threw money at the most qualified candidate out there? It didn’t work out with the 22nd ranked candidate and maybe he really didn’t want to be here but I don’t see the issue in bringing it the most qualified guy at all cost. Sometimes they may half ass it and others they’ll take pride and coach how they always did. Miami got the short end of the stick oh well

Back
Top Bottom