The truth hurts. Finz brass listen! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The truth hurts. Finz brass listen!

The only thing I find worrisome is Flo and McD are on the same trajectory when it comes to the other side of the ball. Neither could find stability. Although I believe McD is better to work with it’s producing the same. 3 years, 3 coordinator’s on the other side of the ball.

I’m a big fan of continuity even though I’m aware there have been teams who go on to do great things without it.
McD has clearly improved and learned from his mistakes in year two. Flo was stubborn and never learned a damn thing. McD will continue to grow and evolve which is what Don Shula did. Full confidence in McD getting this DC hire right and rebuilding the roster with his guys. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

This is stupid so it’s an issue that Miami threw money at the most qualified candidate out there? It didn’t work out with the 22nd ranked candidate and maybe he really didn’t want to be here but I don’t see the issue in bringing it the most qualified guy at all cost. Sometimes they may half ass it and others they’ll take pride and coach how they always did. Miami got the short end of the stick oh well

Because, hindsight being 20/20, he didn't want to be here, and now the Dolphins are left after one year trying to find his replacement and perhaps install a whole new system after giving him the keys of the kingdom to get us no further than we were before he arrived.

Just spitballing, but maybe, instead of throwing money at everything, do a little more thorough work in finding a guy that's a good fit, that wants to be here, that can at least be on a par with the hot candidate and get a lot more bang for your buck. There are ways of trying that don't include paying a guy more money just to give it a chance.

The Dolphins were top 10 in yards given up, however the Dolphins were 22nd in the most important metric, in points allowed.

Fangio wasn't interested in investing the time, like the rest of our young staff put in, and the players and team saw the dysfunction and removed the problem. That's good. That's not to say it's all Fangio's fault, but it was certainly a problem within the culture that has been rebuilt here the past 2 seasons.

Signing Fangio was a risk worth taking. It didn't work out in the end. Cut your losses and move forward.

The thing is we did not transform the defensive personnel to a fangio scheme only, we still have personnel that fit for man press and blitz. However, I would consider blending some learned concepts from the year of Fangio. It wasn't completely bad.

At the end of the day we are not worse off with Fangio leaving....if we were top 10 scoring defense and 22nd in yards I'd be a bit more concerned, but we weren't.

Get the right guy...maybe he's on the staff, maybe not, but get the guy who fits the team's culture, not just a name.

I would like to see some veteran experience on the staff as a whole as we have inexperienced coaches compared to the best staffs, but it shouldn't be the sole focus. Scheme, collaboration and adjustment processing should be what we seek.

This is stupid so it’s an issue that Miami threw money at the most qualified candidate out there? It didn’t work out with the 22nd ranked candidate and maybe he really didn’t want to be here but I don’t see the issue in bringing it the most qualified guy at all cost. Sometimes they may half ass it and others they’ll take pride and coach how they always did. Miami got the short end of the stick oh well
I see it about the same way

A lot of comments about Miami not being Fangio's first choice.......but Fangio WAS Miami's first choice and they went out and got him. I actually appreciate the fact they were willing to bring in someone who is about as different from McD as you can possibly get. This is a good sign for both future hires and McD not being afraid to bring in people with that level of experience

Too bad it didn't work out long term, but we will survive.....

Back
Top Bottom