The Truth on David Bowens' Injury | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Truth on David Bowens' Injury

Originally posted by ckparrothead
How many Dolphins does it take to screw in a lightbulb 30 feet up in the air?

1 to change it and get injured

2 to carry him off

1 to replace him in the lineup

and 70 fans to debate on whether or not he should have been changing a lightbulb 30 feet high in the air.

Ugh, lets pronounce this thread dead already.

Oh sure take the high road now!:lol: After I spent all that time on my rebuttle.

Ok it's dead.

900TH POST!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose my 1000th post IS going to have to be an apology for the previous 999.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Is there some reason why everyone seems pretty willing to go with the lightbulb story? The only thing about it that rings true to me is the way it's kind of silly and embarassing. I don't know for sure, but I'm still thinking it was a game of hoops.

Maybe that's just cuz I've snapped both outer metatarsals playing hoops, -- and only fried my fingertips changing lightbulbs.:couch:

That's not much of an apology.

Originally posted by Hellion
Well why don’t you go down to the emergency room at the local hospital and tell all the people that YOU deemed as taking an unnecessary risk that they’re unintelligent?

Now if you read my post you'd know that I took into account that everyone should be cautious of their surroundings especially people that do physical labor in their work place, and that an injury such as a broken leg or sprained ankle would prevent them from working. There is no difference between Bowens and anyone else who uses their body or physical well being to provide for themselves and family. I don't CARE if he just signed a new contract or not.

So it's ok for John Doe to climb a 30-ft ladder and get injured at home and miss work and money, but God forbid a pro football player does it, that would make him STUPID. We wouldn't want him to lose out on his million dollar contract now would we, how would he feed his family?
That's as lame as Barry Bonds saying he needed a bigger contract so he could pay child support.
Would a truck driver have been as unintelligent if he did the same thing? Or a mill worker? How about a surgeon? What about the guy that you wanted Bowens to hire to change the bulb? Is he unintelligent for doing it? If he falls he’s only out $30 right? Oh wait how would he change the other pro athlete’s light bulbs if he got injured. I see it’s ok for a guy who make 30,000 dollars a year to take the risk and injure himself because he’s only out 10 or 15 thousand dollars, but not a pro athlete because he could be out millions right?

Trust me CK I'm not trying to "climb in your head" and tell you where to draw the line. I'm saying there is no line.

You say that he shouldn't be put in a bubble, but yet you say because he's a pro football player with a new contract he shouldn't take any unnecessary risks. Define unnecessary risk? Maybe he didn’t feel it was an unnecessary risk, he could’ve felt very comfortable doing it. Maybe working around his house is his hobby. Maybe he’s a decent carpenter.
Accidents happen that’s why they are called accidents. You can break your leg slipping off of a 3ft step stool or twist your knee tripping over your kids toys.
As far as falling from 16’ or 30 ft goes, I’m 6’2 255 and the concrete driveway under me wouldn’t have cared how high I was when I hit it. But I felt comfortable doing it, if I fell and got hurt and missed work does that make me unintelligent, I could of hired a handyman to do it but why when I can do it. If I fell and got hurt does it then become an unnecessary risk? No.
Did he make a bad call? I don't know because I don't know how capable he is at changing a light bulb that's 30ft in the air, only he knows. This could’ve been one time out of 20 that this happened.
I’m not one to tell someone what they should or shouldn’t do on their own time because of the money involved. If Ricky Williams or Jason Taylor wants to skydive, hey go for it, if their chute fails to open and they splatter on the ground then oh well, they were living their lives the way THEY wanted to not the way you want them to.

So how about Tillman? He left the Cards and a nice contract to join the Army, is he unintelligent?
Or is the question, who are you to judge?
your post is right on the money. but ck will never get it. bowens should'nt be attacked for having an accident. and no he's not special, bowens puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. but because he plays football for the phins, people in here and you know who they are keep crying the blues on how dangerous it was and bowens was stupid for risking it. just want to rip him because he wont be playing on our favorite team for a while. how childish. if you want the thread to die then stop posting the same he should've could've attacks on bowens. and realize accidents happen ,and no they are not unavoidable, even if it's someone who plays for your favorite team.

What would all you post addicts say if you found out he paid a neighbor to change his lightbulb. People would go crazy. He's a normal person like the rest of the team. It doesn't matter to me if he's out because he changed a lightbulb, played BB, or just quit. The facts are he's out. This is a dead thread. kill it already.
:m83:

Back
Top Bottom