The Truth on David Bowens' Injury | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Truth on David Bowens' Injury

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah I'm pretty much feelin about the same as you Muck. We were both born into construction families and have probably done crap the people tossing these insults would never dream of doing and yet we're sissified lilypads that lay up in bed all day and pay people do bathe us.

LOL. That's it. :tongue:

Typically, nothing bad every happens. But you do see some nasty injuries once in a while.

And if you've never fallen from 30 feet, even as a kid, I think you'd change your mind about how not-high it is once you did.

And like some other posters, I've torn up a knee doing something common. So I agree that it doesn't take much.

I'm not saying that David Bowens shouldn't do his own housework. And it might seem stupid to everyone involved for him to not change the bulb himself. But when you've got that much at stake, you should think twice.

Originally posted by Dude

Hey man, I was just messing with ya too!

I respect your views and especially the professional way you represent yourself in your posts.

As far as this argument goes, I think everyone here would agree players should not do anything too risky or dangerous, the question is what is or isn't over the line. And as with every subjective opinion, everyone would draw the line in a different spot.

We're all on the same team!

Peace out!

I wasn't mad at you or your posts. I know you were just playing. :) I wasn't mad at anybody. Just got ticked off for a minute at a post or two.

Heck even jumping off a 25-30 foot cliff into a deep pool of water is scary enough.

Whats sad is that if you read 1972D's post there, it seems perfectly reasonable and I dare anyone here to come to his face and call him cowardly or somethin...yet if you read some of the posts before 1972D's post, there's a lot of people in this thread who expressed exactly that sentiment. Thats why I'm sayin watch what you post cuz its all so easy when you're not sayin this stuff about anyone in particular but when someone steps forward ya gotta realize that basically you just called 1972D a coward cuz he wont ever risk his family's income again to go up 24 feet in the air to do some house chores.

And I agree with Prime Time. We all think these players gotta watch what risks they take, just some of us draw the line at different spots is all.

I just don't think thats any reason to call into question posters' manliness or whether or not they've ever done anything physical or whatnot. Suffice it to say that there's a couple of us who have done similar tasks to what Bowens did and we still think it was unnecessary thats all, but its just cuz we draw the line in a different spot than some other people here.

I fell off a two story house one time when I was roofing it. Boy did that suck. Luckily I landed on my feet and only very slightly sprained my ankle. It was scary though.

Originally posted by Muck
I'm not saying that David Bowens shouldn't do his own housework. And it might seem stupid to everyone involved for him to not change the bulb himself. But when you've got that much at stake, you should think twice.

Yes but considering everything a person does in life does this not seem minor? As far as we have seen so far it wasn't even the root of his problem. His problem was in jumping off the ladder. Really wish he would say about how high he jumped off of it for because I have been on ladders that high quite a few times despite my fear of heights and as long as your ladders solid it's fine.

There is a fine line drawn. Sure you don't want a player to be sky diving and stuff but you can't go overboard. I mean with the way you guys are talking about it then a player should be paying someone to drive him to work and do any menial chore. It's not like Bowens has a load of money if you remember his history after he was signed. Got into a lot of money troubles and was still in debt when he joined this team.

I don't know about you guys but if a light bulb went out in my living room and I told my gf I had to wait for a handyman to come by tommorow she'd look at me like I was crazy.

. I mean with the way you guys are talking about it then a player should be paying someone to drive him to work and do any menial chore

We're not saying that, you're saying that. I think we've made it pretty clear that we don't think driving or even biking 30 miles through Miami traffic is an unnecessary risk. But going up 30 feet in the air on a ladder, we think he should have thought twice. He especially should have thought twice about jumping down from it a few rungs thats just stupid. Let it go man. We draw the line in a different place than you do.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I mean with the way you guys are talking about it then a player should be paying someone to drive him to work and do any menial chore.

*sigh* This is the kind of thing that was frustrating me earlier. This is NOT what I'm saying. It's simply what you want to hear.

I don't know about you guys but if a light bulb went out in my living room and I told my gf I had to wait for a handyman to come by tommorow she'd look at me like I was crazy.

My living room ceiling isn't 30 feet high. And I'm not being paid $1 million to protect my body.

This has become completely juvenile. I'm done. :rolleyes:

Hey Muck, this is really sad but you know I JUST got that PM you sent me like 3 weeks ago with that umm...special...picture of my fiancee. Ya know, Avril Lavigne? I was uhh, just wonderin, if you had anymore pictures along those lines hehee.

Alright here my question to Muck or Ckparrothead:

Can player have a life?

If you think climbing on a ladder to change light bulb from his own house is a risk than players shouldn't drive in Florida at all.After all Florida is third nation wide in car crashes and not many large insurance companies still offer policies anymore.How about add a clause to player contract that he shouldn't drink because that will multiply the risk or stupid behavior that can lead to player being injured.I don't have a problem with what happen and it could happen to any one.Most of poster here would change the light bulb by themselve.I don't see how hid wrong and there no reason to blame him for the injury (ACCIDENT!).

Enuff already!!
This has broken down into the sillyness zone.
Someone kill this thread.:rolleyes:

No Minus, a player can't have a life. :rolleyes:

Dude, give it a rest. You know that is not even close to what I said or implied. So just get real and stop inventing things.

I guess if you guys throw enough sh*t at the wall, something's bound to stick, right??

Originally posted by Muck
No Minus, a player can't have a life. :rolleyes:

Dude, give it a rest. You know that is not even close to what I said or implied. So just get real and stop inventing things.

I guess if you guys throw enough sh*t at the wall, something's bound to stick, right??

Well Muck,

I'm just pointing out that player are people too.He wasn't doing anything out of ordinary in a way.I wasn't trying imply that you said that.It was just a question that I asked you.I guess you misunderstood my whole point of my reply.I was just trying to get you understand that football players are people too.I understand your point of view on David Bowen case but I think your first post was a little harsh(original post) and is not like his behavior was unappropiate.For once why can people debate without other person snapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
30 feet is 3 stories, why the hell did he not hire someone? I don't know, but I bet he wishes he did.

Originally posted by Phinstd
30 feet is 3 stories, why the hell did he not hire someone? I don't know, but I bet he wishes he did.

Because of this thread I wish he did.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom