The UDFA thread... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The UDFA thread...

Well we’ve kind of ignored the oline throughout the McDaniel era. We’ve also lacked draft picks. Maybe they were dealing with what they had. But then why sign this “phone booth mauler” as you say?
Search me. They cut Kindley after Flores and his primitive offense left because he was a phonebooth mauler. Then they added lesser quality players of a similar archetype in Cotton, Hines and now, Matthew Jones.

Last edited:
Search me. They cut Kindley after Flores and his primitive offense left because he was a phonebooth mauler. Then they added lesser quality players of a similar archetype in Cotton, Hines and now, Matthew Jones.
Ok but it’s a long shot that anyone of those guys will make any impact at all. Cotton played a bit. Maybe they want that type of player but those guys didn’t work out ?

Ok but it’s a long shot that anyone of those guys will make any impact at all. Cotton played a bit. Maybe they want that type of player but those guys didn’t work out ?
Maybe at RG they can get by with a less mobile player. We know based on Connor and Brewer they really want a center that can readily get out wide and block well in the open field. Armstead and Jackson are mobile as OTs go. Their preferred LG last season was Wynn and he moves pretty well too.

Best of luck to the young man but he does not fit the wide zone at all, but especially at center. He is an immobile phonebooth mauler it seems to me.
But is he a dancing bear in the phone booth with heavy hands?

I'm glad we are bringing in QB's.

If a UDFA ends up looking good, we can trade away one of our two backups and still have an experienced backup along with some new blood.

We should be doing this ever two or three years, depending on some of our more pressing needs. IMHO - LOL
I wanted the kid from Tulane, seems like a perfect fit for our offense. He was drafted at the end of the draft by Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom