The way I wish our schedule was constructed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way I wish our schedule was constructed

VAFinsfan72

Club Member
Reaction score
W1. @Bills 1pm Better to play them before Allen gets a rapport with his new WR's.

W2. 49ers 1pm Our toughest home game. Lets give ourselves every advantage we can get. Make them travel cross country on a short week after MNF and introduce them to a September afternoon in Miami.

W3. @Packers 8:20pm SNF We can play them in primetime in September instead of on Thanksgiving.

W4. Titans 1pm Time for payback for costing us the division last year.

W5. @Patriots 1pm Perfect time to play them on the road.

W6. Raiders 1pm Wilkins can roast on the visiting sideline.

W7. @Browns 1pm Much better than playing then in late December at night.

W8. Bills 1pm Its not September but it will still be plenty hot in late October.

W9. @jets 4:25pm Much better than playing them in early January on the road.

W10. BYE

W11. @Seahawks 4:05 Coming off our bye week, we can head west early and get acclimated.

W12. @Rams 8:20pm TNF We can stay out west and have a mini bye week on the back end.

W13. Patriots 1pm Nice soft landing spot after our west coast trip.

W14. @Texans 4:25 This should be the CBS game of the week.

W15. Cardinals 1pm

W16. @Colts 1pm They play in a dome so no weather issues.

W17. Jaguars 1pm

W18. Jets TBD They always announce the week 18 schedule at the end of week 17.

Of course there is no way the NFL would allow us to have such a favorable schedule.

I don’t mind the schedule at all.

Niners at home

Brown’s packers and bills on the road are our toughest games

Suck it up buttercups

Last edited:
If the NFL wants to keep the AFC East structured the way it is (that's another topic for me, the furthest team south is not in the AFC South), then schedule it this way. In September/October, Miami goes to NE, NY and Buf and in November/December those three teams come to Miami. Do it that way every year.

If the NFL wants to keep the AFC East structured the way it is (that's another topic for me, the furthest team south is not in the AFC South), then schedule it this way. In September/October, Miami goes to NE, NY and Buf and in November/December those three teams come to Miami. Do it that way every year.

And Dallas in the East. Easiest fix? Don't use compass directions. Call the divisions Red, White, Blue, Gold. Problem solved.

W1. @Bills 1pm Better to play them before Allen gets a rapport with his new WR's.

W2. 49ers 1pm Our toughest home game. Lets give ourselves every advantage we can get. Make them travel cross country on a short week after MNF and introduce them to a September afternoon in Miami.

W3. @Packers 8:20pm SNF We can play them in primetime in September instead of on Thanksgiving.

W8. Bills 1pm Its not September but it will still be plenty hot in late October.

W10. BYE

W11. @Seahawks 4:05 Coming off our bye week, we can head west early and get acclimated.

W12. @Rams 8:20pm TNF We can stay out west and have a mini bye week on the back end.

W15. Cardinals 1pm

W17. Jaguars 1pm

Of course there is no way the NFL would allow us to have such a favorable schedule.
I would always wants teams to play in weather where it does not radically shift the outcomes. A blizzard in KC or Buffalo just ruins the game (especially with how this team is constructed) and is a health hazard as we all saw in KC. I am not a great fan of playing in 100+ degrees either, its simply too dangerous these days.

I would always wants teams to play in weather where it does not radically shift the outcomes. A blizzard in KC or Buffalo just ruins the game (especially with how this team is constructed) and is a health hazard as we all saw in KC. I am not a great fan of playing in 100+ degrees either, its simply too dangerous these days.
Just curious on the "these days" comment. Not trying to start something, but hasn't 100 degrees always been 100 degrees? I recall back in the old Orange Bowl days some West Coast team (Raiders maybe) having to land their plane halfway home because they ran out of i.v.'s after playing in the brutal SoFl heat. Early 80's I believe.

W10. BYE

W15. Cardinals 1pm

W17. Jaguars 1pm

Dolphins schedule… announced by commissioner Zach Thomas. Brother VA… you are correct. Other NFL owners would revolt if the Fins received such a schedule. Every year, they take away a 1PM home game… some citing “dangerous game conditions. Where was that same concern before “Ice Bowl 2” against the Chiefs?

Right, but I thought the purpose of divisions was to make travel easier.

Apparently not.
I believe there are now long-term rivalries baked in to divisions it would make fans unhappy. Never mind that would only last 10? yrs. Those rivalries are part of NFL hx and, IMO, trump travel. I wouldn't be real unhappy with Miami, Jax, Ten, Ind.

Apparently not.
I believe there are now long-term rivalries baked in to divisions it would make fans unhappy. Never mind that would only last 10? yrs. Those rivalries are part of NFL hx and, IMO, trump travel. I wouldn't be real unhappy with Miami, Jax, Ten, Ind.
I think this is right. The long-term rivalries are a major factor....but it isn't impossible to make some moves. Fan's get over it

Weather advantages aside.. these should be division based
I felt divisions should always have been based on the furthest teams in the country. So, you pick conferences with "sister" cities to give comparable gameplay.
Travel distance is one advantage nfl can negate a bit by reducing the inter-divisional traveling
NE, SE, SW, NW
other 4 can be N, E, S, W

Back
Top Bottom