The way I wish our schedule was constructed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way I wish our schedule was constructed

To be honest
I wish the league did a major reconstruction on the league with divisions and AFC and NFC
We should be in a south division with Tampa, Jville, Atlanta and the Panthers

Apparently not.
I believe there are now long-term rivalries baked in to divisions it would make fans unhappy. Never mind that would only last 10? yrs. Those rivalries are part of NFL hx and, IMO, trump travel. I wouldn't be real unhappy with Miami, Jax, Ten, Ind.
Don't you mean Houston? I'd swap Miami and Ind putting the Colts back in the AFCE which is where they belong, and us in the AFCS, which, geographically speaking, is where we belong.

And Dallas in the East. Easiest fix? Don't use compass directions. Call the divisions Red, White, Blue, Gold. Problem solved.
Easiest fix to the divisions are Colts to the North, Ravens to the East, and Phins to the South. All of those moves make sense imo.

Don't you mean Houston? I'd swap Miami and Ind putting the Colts back in the AFCE which is where they belong, and us in the AFCS, which, geographically speaking, is where we belong.
Yes, that is exactly who should have been put there, if they wanted to actually have geographic divisions. Miami go to the South and Indy stay in the East would have been easy. Indy had all of those rivals with the Pats, Bills and Jets. Imagine if Manning and Brady had played each other twice in the regular season every year, plus probably meeting in the playoffs.

Easiest fix to the divisions are Colts to the North, Ravens to the East, and Phins to the South. All of those moves make sense imo.

I'm certainly not opposed to rearranging divisions. Houston or Miami or Jax is close to the same distance as Miami to NY. I don't see that as much improvement. Why not move CAR to AFC-E and Miami to NFC-S? Less travel and there's nothing sacred about conference teams staying in the same conference. That said, this is all mindless theory. The odds of any of this are zero for the foreseeable future.

I got a feeling Houston is gonna take over that division for a while(depends on the Diggs fit imo). Cj stroud looked really good as a rookie.. wouldn't relish another 15+ years of being dominated by a Brady like situation. Lawrence and Levis don't really worry me, Richardson might have legitimacy if he can figure out how to play a full season.

I got a feeling Houston is gonna take over that division for a while(depends on the Diggs fit imo). Cj stroud looked really good as a rookie.. wouldn't relish another 15+ years of being dominated by a Brady like situation. Lawrence and Levis don't really worry me, Richardson might have legitimacy if he can figure out how to play a full season.
Diggs just strikes me as an odd fit, they have so much young talent at WR, if anything Diggs is an expensive progress stopper for a young guy, worst case he is a bad apple that spoils the bunch. Texans have certainly loaded up, I'm hoping Lawrence and Richardson can mount some sort of resistance to keep them in check. Interesting to see how the Texans handle the elevated expectations and reciprocal step up in schedule difficulty this year due to their wild success in '23.

To be honest
I wish the league did a major reconstruction on the league with divisions and AFC and NFC
We should be in a south division with Tampa, Jville, Atlanta and the Panthers
Would totally make sense geographically and if league was starting today would be all for it but can you imagine this change now? Seems so boring this hapless list of little thought over franchises. Bucs, Jags, Panthers, Falcons, yikes, half a season each year against these guys would just bore me to tears.

Would totally make sense geographically and if league was starting today would be all for it but can you imagine this change now? Seems so boring this hapless list of little thought over franchises. Bucs, Jags, Panthers, Falcons, yikes, half a season each year against these guys would just bore me to tears.
Eh, you think that now but in 3 years new rivalries will be born. And that’s that. You’re just to used to the way it is now

Eh, you think that now but in 3 years new rivalries will be born. And that’s that. You’re just to used to the way it is now
Easy easy - you be starting to sound like one of those that is afraid of having to play in cold temps late in the year lol

Come on man, won't you miss the snowballs or even snow plows before field goals?

Apparently not.
I believe there are now long-term rivalries baked in to divisions it would make fans unhappy. Never mind that would only last 10? yrs. Those rivalries are part of NFL hx and, IMO, trump travel. I wouldn't be real unhappy with Miami, Jax, Ten, Ind.

Put Houston in the Colts place & you are onto something.

I recall the Dolphins & Oilers having a rivalry back in the day.

Eh, you think that now but in 3 years new rivalries will be born. And that’s that. You’re just to used to
Easy easy - you be starting to sound like one of those that is afraid of having to play in cold temps late in the year lol

Come on man, won't you miss the snowballs or even snow plows before field goals?
**** that ****

Back
Top Bottom