The Worst I've Ever Seen The Forum | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Worst I've Ever Seen The Forum

It happens every year. This is Christmas for this forum. Think of how busy the malls are then. Credit to the staff for continuously working at keeping the server up.

I just kept refreshing Bleacher Report (Dolphins section) and all the tweets were flooding in.

Cool, then go to another site.

Gee....I didn't expect that well thought out response.

I wasn't comparing to other Dolphins fans sites but fans sites I was checking into for comedy relief (Browns, Bills & Jest) as picks were being made. And it's BS to suggest that "high traffic" causes this anywhere.....the Browns site had over 2000 active logins an the Bills almost as many and those sites had no loading or timing out issues and people were posting fast & furious. Even here tonight I saw about 800 online here and there were still the same problems (even when it lowered to 400-500).

Like many others here I'm sure, Finheaven is my go to and I don't post on other Dolphins boards but it is very frustrating and annoying to not only not be able to post, but be able to view it and/or have a real time back & forth like other fan sites have. I know, I know...then I should become a fan of one of those teams (see...I wrote it for you).

Here's a better idea....fix the problems and have it be like other sites that don't have these issues (and many don't ask for or expect money to run them). Not saying I won't ever contribute....but I'm not gonna pay for the privilege to be annoyed, locked out at important times or unable to view/post when most needed.

so... I guess you can't complain if you aren't part of the solution?

Is that the "law of the West" Wild Bill?? LOL - who decides when and if one can or can't complain? You never complain about anything (taxes, gas prices, politics) without being part of the solution?

Gee....I didn't expect that well thought out response.

I wasn't comparing to other Dolphins fans sites but fans sites I was checking into for comedy relief (Browns, Bills & Jest) as picks were being made. And it's BS to suggest that "high traffic" causes this anywhere.....the Browns site had over 2000 active logins an the Bills almost as many and those sites had no loading or timing out issues and people were posting fast & furious. Even here tonight I saw about 800 online here and there were still the same problems (even when it lowered to 400-500).

Like many others here I'm sure, Finheaven is my go to and I don't post on other Dolphins boards but it is very frustrating and annoying to not only not be able to post, but be able to view it and/or have a real time back & forth like other fan sites have. I know, I know...then I should become a fan of one of those teams (see...I wrote it for you).

Here's a better idea....fix the problems and have it be like other sites that don't have these issues (and many don't ask for or expect money to run them). Not saying I won't ever contribute....but I'm not gonna pay for the privilege to be annoyed, locked out at important times or unable to view/post when most needed.

Here's an idea. The people that run the site consistently put their own money into it to keep it running, including domain, server upkeep, and other housekeeping items.

If YOU want the site to run better, then YOU need to contribute to it.

Again, if you think that this site is too slow for you or doesn't work well enough, you can freeload on another website. You can't complain if you don't contribute. Especially when the folks running it constantly pour their own money into it so people who visit it for free every day can continue to do so.

Is that the "law of the West" Wild Bill?? LOL - who decides when and if one can or can't complain? You never complain about anything (taxes, gas prices, politics) without being part of the solution?

If you vote and/or pay taxes, you have all the reason to complain about politics. You have to pay for gas, so you absolutely have the right to complain about gas prices.

It'd be like you going over to someone's house for dinner (for free) and complaining that the food didn't meet your standards and saying that other places have better food. Great insight, you're free to eat elsewhere!

Your profile has neither the VIP or donator badge, so I can assume you haven't spent a dime here. You might want to lessen the tone of your demands, bub. Or maybe throw $20 to the site.

If you vote and/or pay taxes, you have all the reason to complain about politics. You have to pay for gas, so you absolutely have the right to complain about gas prices.

It'd be like you going over to someone's house for dinner (for free) and complaining that the food didn't meet your standards and saying that other places have better food. Great insight, you're free to eat elsewhere!

Your profile has neither the VIP or donator badge, so I can assume you haven't spent a dime here. You might want to lessen the tone of your demands, bub. Or maybe throw $20 to the site.

But where's the "being part of the solution" thing.

And no, it's like going to someone's house (for free) and getting a meal vs. not getting a meal at all. I'd be very thankful & appreciative of my hosts after being provided a free meal...not so much if it was offered but never provided.

What "demands" exactly...I'm not demanding (or in a position to demand) anything....just pointing out that other sites run very fluidly with no slowdown (and without constantly passing the hat around) - how exactly do they do it???

Here's an idea. The people that run the site consistently put their own money into it to keep it running, including domain, server upkeep, and other housekeeping items.

If YOU want the site to run better, then YOU need to contribute to it.

Again, if you think that this site is too slow for you or doesn't work well enough, you can freeload on another website. You can't complain if you don't contribute. Especially when the folks running it constantly pour their own money into it so people who visit it for free every day can continue to do so.

So I can "freeload" on a "free" website...thanks. BTW...isn't this a free website? So how exactly does one "freeload" if it's free?

Last edited:
But where's the "being part of the solution" thing.

And no, it's like going to someone's house (for free) and getting a meal vs. not getting a meal at all.

What "demands" exactly...I'm not demanding (or in a position to demand) anything....just pointing out that other sites run very fluidly with no slowdown (and without constantly passing the hat around) - how exactly do they do it???

So I can "freeload" on a "free" website...thanks. BTW...isn't this a free website? So how exactly does one "freeload" if it's free?

Like I said in my other post, do you go over to someone's house for dinner and complain about the food?

Freeloading, IE: bitching about the sites performance when you haven't contributed a dime. Sure, if I was on Reddit or USA Today I'd expect flawless servers.

Bitching about a site you visit for free when several other people pour money into it is pompous and disrespectful. If you truly have a problem with how it's running, donate. Simple as that dude.

As of a half hour ago, I just put another $20 down. Might want to consider doing the same. Then maybe you can offer some input.

Finheaven is the premier forum for Miami dolphins fans and the traffic can get overwhelming, if you want to help fix it I recommend donating a lil money to help with running the site.

Love you, finheaven

I know a site that has 40,000 members and never lags like this one. I will not donate until it's fixed. Its also this way on game day.

Good for them. If you are so unhappy here maybe you should save the bandwidth for those who value the service? you clearly have a better option with 40k members!

Like I said in my other post, do you go over to someone's house for dinner and complain about the food?

Freeloading, IE: bitching about the sites performance when you haven't contributed a dime. Sure, if I was on Reddit or USA Today I'd expect flawless servers.

Bitching about a site you visit for free when several other people pour money into it is pompous and disrespectful. If you truly have a problem with how it's running, donate. Simple as that dude.

As of a half hour ago, I just put another $20 down. Might want to consider doing the same. Then maybe you can offer some input.

The draft and gamedays are the most involved/important times when this site is attempted to be used but that's when it doesn't work properly. I'll gladly donate $100 right now and every year if I could be ensured that the site would be useable when most in demand. I still don't get how other sites are able to make it work seamlessly during high traffic times - perhaps they have better web hosting/servers. I'd also like to see a real breakdown as to where this money goes.

I guess it's the chicken or the egg argument....you say donate to fix the problem (with no guarantee it'll ever be fixed) and I say, fix the problem and I'll donate.

Or, maybe I'll just donate the $20 which apparently will give me a valid voice & will cover my "right to complain" and be "part of the solution"(how..I still don't know).

The draft and gamedays are the most involved/important times when this site is attempted to be used but that's when it doesn't work properly. I'll gladly donate $100 right now and every year if I could be ensured that the site would be useable when most in demand. I still don't get how other sites are able to make it work seamlessly during high traffic times - perhaps they have better web hosting/servers. I'd also like to see a real breakdown as to where this money goes.

I guess it's the chicken or the egg argument....you say donate to fix the problem (with no guarantee it'll ever be fixed) and I say, fix the problem and I'll donate.

Or, maybe I'll just donate the $20 which apparently will give me a valid voice & will cover my "right to complain" and be "part of the solution"(how..I still don't know).

I think if you donated it would give mods/site owners more willingness to talk to you about site performance and all of that.

I do know this: if everyone who uses the site donated $10 or $20 once or twice a year, they would have room for improvements.

It's not just for site performance. If you join VIP, you get access to the VIP forum and can avoid a lot of the madness that appears on the main forums during the season. Also, VIP chat is a great way to spend time during games/draft if you aren't out at a bar and whatnot.

The site is filled with great people, and I've gotten to know some of them because of VIP.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but I was trying to make a point.

I usually try to donate VIP memberships to posters right before the season so they can experience it during all the action. If I do that again, I'll keep you in mind.

I hope you consider donating if you enjoy the site and spend time on it.

I spend a lot of time on here during the season and times like the draft, so I thought it'd be beneficial for the site for me to contribute some money to it over the years. Not saying I've contributed a ton, but maybe $100 in the last 5-7 years.

Have a good weekend man.

I am sorry but if you look at a majority of those complaining they haven't helped the site. Be part of the solution not the problem. I am a VIP member and couldn't get in but I am not complaining.

I've been here for ages, and the site has always had some issues when it's gets bombarded with people, but waiting, or refreshing the page a few times a year is a small price to pay for the quality and depth of information provided by the people that frequent this place. This is easily the best team fansite I've ever been a part of, and it's not close.

I think if you donated it would give mods/site owners more willingness to talk to you about site performance and all of that.

I do know this: if everyone who uses the site donated $10 or $20 once or twice a year, they would have room for improvements.

It's not just for site performance. If you join VIP, you get access to the VIP forum and can avoid a lot of the madness that appears on the main forums during the season. Also, VIP chat is a great way to spend time during games/draft if you aren't out at a bar and whatnot.

The site is filled with great people, and I've gotten to know some of them because of VIP.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but I was trying to make a point.

I usually try to donate VIP memberships to posters right before the season so they can experience it during all the action. If I do that again, I'll keep you in mind.

I hope you consider donating if you enjoy the site and spend time on it.

I spend a lot of time on here during the season and times like the draft, so I thought it'd be beneficial for the site for me to contribute some money to it over the years. Not saying I've contributed a ton, but maybe $100 in the last 5-7 years.

Have a good weekend man.

Thanks,

Reading back I can see how I was coming off like a dick myself (borne out of frustration over 2 days of constant problems here, wanting to post or read along as things were happening and getting annoyed) . As a penalty, I'm gonna "fine" myself $25 and donate it to Finheaven/VIP, lol.

I think what was lost in all my complaining is that I really appreciate & respect the site owners for giving us fans a place to comment, share, discuss and (hey, it's a fact of life) argue amongst each other. I can, now unfortunately, see how it came off that I was calling into question their values and/or my looking condescending & uppity.

EDIT: I literally just tried to submit a Paypal payment via the "Join VIP" link but it took me to a Spanish language Paypal page where nothing is in English - don't know if legit or not - I emailed via "contact us" awaiting advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom