The Wrong Te | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Wrong Te

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
So sad that we missed out (again) on a player that SOOOOOO many Dolphin fans were right about:

God, I hope the new administration does a better job of A) identifying talent and B) using said talent (because Gesicki was way under utilized):

I won’t lie I liked goedert better too but it’s way to early to say we missed. We will know 3 years into their careers.. I remember when colts fans were flipping out that RG3 was better than luck too lol how that turn out ?

So sad that we missed out (again) on a player that SOOOOOO many Dolphin fans were right about:

God, I hope the new administration does a better job of A) identifying talent and B) using said talent (because Gesicki was way under utilized):

That "new" administration is lead by a guy that's been here for like 15 years(Grier) so I'm hoping he's learn something and won't make the big mistakes that have been made in the past.

This again.

Most of us with 20/20 hindsight wanted the other guy but this was place was abuzz with what our guy was doing in TC.

Gase chose our guy and tried to turn him into the other guy, makes no sense to me but that is life in the NFL.

Now it’s the new guys job to make something out of our guy, at this point the other guy doesn’t matter.

He had 130 more yards than Gesicki? 4 tds is nice but that’s play calling too. Let’s relax before the bust card is pulled out. Tight end is also one of the harder positions for rookies.

He had 130 more yards than Gesicki? 4 tds is nice but that’s play calling too. Let’s relax before the bust card is pulled out. Tight end is also one of the harder positions for rookies.

I mean one guy had the most productive TE in the entire NFL with 116 receptions (second amongst all players) on his team. . . .the other guy was dealing with Smythe, O’Leary and oft injured AJ Derby.

Goedert looked like he belonged . . . Gesicki looked like he didn’t.

Yea its early, but year one was very one sided in this battle.

Last years top 2 picks were interesting. While I still think we picked up some really good players, I thought Derwin James and alas Goedert were the best at their respective positions, were positions of need, and easily were best available option. The dolphins front brass had a different opinion. I certainly dont hope 1 year is indicative of a career, because goedert and James will be hall of famers at this point and we looked in another direction. But the Dolphins have been a half step behind the rest of the NFL over the past couple of decades, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the narrative continue.

I’m not sure what I’m trying to say, because I’m not sure what kind of players the 2018 class will turn out to be. But I hope it’s not another case of the dolphins choosing to be good but not great. I’ve had all I can take. Keep doing your thing Minkah, and hopefully gesicki turns all four corners this year and doesn’t get lapped by someone like Nick O’Leary.

Our beat writers basically crowned Gesicki and Freaking tony McTyer as the stars of training camp last year. Certainly won’t allow myself to believe the hype from Beat writers this year, cause neither of those players looked like they belonged on an nfl field last year

I had Marc Andrews as the #1 then # Dallas #2

Gesicki wasn’t on the list for me personally..wanted to stay away.

If you are saying that you like Goddert, then I agree. But Mike was misused and under utilized by Gase and his staff. Wait and assess after this year. If he still comes up goose eggs, does not improve, then look elsewhere. TE is one of the few positions where we have this luxury.

adam gase is a ******* moron. mike gesicki is a guy that was not ready to play in the nfl in 2018. now that 1/2 of that equation is gone, let's see what the other half can do. i still believe gesicki can be a stud TE in this league if he can do 2 things; bulk up and work on balance and leverage. i still think we have something folks. it's just gonna take a little time. but the kid wants it, that's why i think it will happen. he's willing to do what it takes.

Unreal, NFL careers are finalized after 1 year of NFL experience?
While I agree and get your point.....at the same time some players get too many years(Tannehill) and the benefit of the doubt for way too long.

I wanted Andrews, then goedert. they both had very good years. we let the underwear Olympics get us last year. I was never a big fan of gesicki coming out. its very hard to be a very good all around te when you are such a long strider like gesicki. he should be a rz target but the kid wasn't used right and just isn't mean or physical enough. I hope he gets better,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom