The Wrong Te | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Wrong Te

we should support the players we have. you know be a fan of the team instead of just your sad heart. otherwise just draw up a spreadsheet of all the players we should have taken and bore the **** out of me

If you are saying that you like Goddert, then I agree. But Mike was misused and under utilized by Gase and his staff. Wait and assess after this year. If he still comes up goose eggs, does not improve, then look elsewhere. TE is one of the few positions where we have this luxury.

I can’t blame Gase for Gesicki’s seemingly complete inability to block or out-physical corners of routes. I get that there is still time for him to develop, but he looked so out of his league on basic football skills that it is hard to blame fans for being less than hopeful about him. Hopefully he spends his offseason learning how to do the fundamentals and lifting weights like a madman.

What worries me about Gesicki, the coaches are from New England where they had Gronk, Gesicki is nothing like Gronk. One is the most physical TE in this generation and One cant block at all.

I doubt Gesicki sees much playing time next year. Unless hes gained 25 pounds and learned to block.

I still think he was the right pick for Miami. He just didnt get the chances that he should have got.

I still think he was the right pick for Miami. He just didnt get the chances that he should have got.
I see this from a lot of fans, but what chances were missing? He missed playing time because he cannot block...at all. Our OL wasn’t good enough to protect and we needed the extra blocking, thus Gesicki’s own limitations kept him off the field. When serving as a receiver, he could not overcome contact (remember the one on one throw in the end zone where he got schooled by a corner, fell down and the ball was intercepted?). Running horizontally always resulted in poor gains because he would go down on first contact and didn’t have the speed or balance to cause anyone to miss.

I know we all want to believe he will be great and Gase is an easy target to blame, but if we are being honest, Gesicki clearly was underused because he wasn’t good enough to be used more.

At the end of the season didn’t gesickis snap count plummet?

I feel like it did. Or maybe it was just wasted snaps

Right now it looks that way for sure..but...the coaching was so poor in the last crew that I will withhold judgement a bit longer.

People like Jesse Davis, Tankersly and Gesicki come to mind as players that likely did not receive the coaching they needed!

He'll be the new tannehill until we get a new tannehill

Na, he won't underperform for 7years, including a ridiculous contract extension.

This team won't have another quite like Tannehill in a longgg time.

I see this from a lot of fans, but what chances were missing? He missed playing time because he cannot block...at all. Our OL wasn’t good enough to protect and we needed the extra blocking, thus Gesicki’s own limitations kept him off the field. When serving as a receiver, he could not overcome contact (remember the one on one throw in the end zone where he got schooled by a corner, fell down and the ball was intercepted?). Running horizontally always resulted in poor gains because he would go down on first contact and didn’t have the speed or balance to cause anyone to miss.

I know we all want to believe he will be great and Gase is an easy target to blame, but if we are being honest, Gesicki clearly was underused because he wasn’t good enough to be used more.

In summary, he did nothing a TE is supposed to do as part of his job. Im not exactly sure how he was underutilized, he cant separate either

At the end of the season didn’t gesickis snap count plummet?

I feel like it did. Or maybe it was just wasted snaps
I think the coaches started to feel more comfortable with O’ Leary out there, even though he is marginal at best

Draft a guy who wasn't asked to block, wasn't good at it, and then repeatedly put him in situations where he's asked to block. THAT is a recipe for success.

Most players should get a mulligan after last year. Let's put him in situations where he can succeed and see how he looks.

Draft a guy who wasn't asked to block, wasn't good at it, and then repeatedly put him in situations where he's asked to block. THAT is a recipe for success.

Most players should get a mulligan after last year. Let's put him in situations where he can succeed and see how he looks.

They tried that also, didn’t work. I will wait and see as you suggest though, maybe it will work out.

Back
Top Bottom