The X-factor In The Patriots Super Bowl Win Was... Brian Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The X-factor In The Patriots Super Bowl Win Was... Brian Flores

The X-Factor in ten Super Bowl appearances since 2001 has been the combination of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

It wasn't Charlie Weis. It wasn't Romeo Crennel. It wasn't Matt Patricia. It wasn't any of those guys. I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't Brian Flores, either.

Yes. Brady really sling it in that super bowl performance. 0 tds and under 150 yards.

Belichick first year he took a team that had a negative 230+ point differential the year before he got there and his first year brought it down to -5.

But yea. Brady was a real good qb his first year. He really slung the ball around and made a huge difference.

Brady hasn't slung the ball consistently over 10 yds since Moss left
Nothing compared to the super QB's we have seen over the decades

I just can't agree that Brady is thew best especially others "not even close"

You have him with 6
Bradshaw with 4
Aikman with 3 ...if you are going by SB wins

Are they the top 3 QB's?

I still rate others over all of them based on years of watching them along with all they did during games

Yes I know I am exaggerating some but Brady has spent his last 7 years or so throwing very short patterns to basically wide open WR's or Gronk who is open when he is open
His impressive throws IMO are far and few between from what I have seen Brees, Marino, Elway, Rogers and others perform in games...I just disagree with you

Using the "starting a team" analogy I have ...
Marino
Elway
Montana
Brees
Rogers
Young
Big Ben
Manning

All ahead of him from what my eyes have seen

But he is the winningest

This Pats fans reaction to Brian Flores's send off was actually pretty legit.

I think many people are not giving him enough credit for making the Pats defense play better and harder than they did before he took over the Defensive play calling. Especially in the playoffs.

You have him with 6
Bradshaw with 4

Are they the top 3 QB's?

I still rate others over all of them based on years of watching them along with all they did during games

Yes I know I am exaggerating some but Brady has spent his last 7 years or so throwing very short patterns to basically wide open WR's or Gronk who is open when he is open
His impressive throws IMO are far and few between from what I have seen Brees, Marino, Elway, Rogers and others perform in games...I just disagree with you

Marino
Elway
Montana
Brees
Rogers
Young
Big Ben
Manning

But he is the winningest

Montana has 4 Super Bowl wins. He totally dominated in the 80's

You have him with 6
Bradshaw with 4

Are they the top 3 QB's?

Marino
Elway
Montana
Brees
Rogers
Young
Big Ben
Manning

But he is the winningest

I wouldn't solely judge based off SB wins, I think its a 3 factor determination imo.

Individual accolades: How many--->MVP's/All Pros'/Pro Bows/significant awards

stats: where do you rank compared to your contemporaries? Did you break any records/do you own the record books? Where do you rank all time in TD's/ YDS etc

Post season performance: how did you perform? Did you put up stinkers and lose ala Goff vs Pats or did you play great and lose ala Warner vs Pitt. Did you come through in the clutch?

This Pats fans reaction to Brian Flores's send off was actually pretty legit.

I think many people are not giving him enough credit for making the Pats defense play better and harder than they did before he took over the Defensive play calling. Especially in the playoffs.

It's hard to say who deserves how much credit, but in the playoffs, that was the best looking NE D since the early 2000s, and when he talks, Flores highlights the key aspect to NE's success. He seems to get it. Worth noting that Miami's current Front 7 has few, if any, plans that will give him the versatility he desires.

Montana has 4 Super Bowl wins. He totally dominated in the 80's

Yes not sure how I missed that one...but not sure how someone thinks that that performance is ...not even close

Final drive 0 runs, 8 passes to set up game winning FG by a QB starting in his first year, a 1:21 left in the Super Bowl with a coach telling him not to take any chances. I call that slinging it.

except for 2 Gronk passes I think the slinging it entailed 5 yds or less
But it worked
I Still maintain you get up on the line in the trolls face and much of effectiveness it cut out

Back
Top Bottom