There is a new No. 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a new No. 3

Also Gators moved up to 4th. Call it a longshot but if WVU loses and OSU beat Michigan. I think we may see the Gators play OSU.

Majpain said:
Also Gators moved up to 4th. Call it a longshot but if WVU loses and OSU beat Michigan. I think we may see the Gators play OSU.
Not a long shot by any means. The Gators still have the SEC Championship game to play (should they win out). That will factor in on their ranking while. WV or Louisville wouldn't have to lose should the Gators win out and win the SEC convincengly

finswin56 said:
Not a long shot by any means. The Gators still have the SEC Championship game to play (should they win out). That will factor in on their ranking while. WV or Louisville wouldn't have to lose should the Gators win out and win the SEC convincengly

You could see Louisville jump Florida with a win over WVU though and then if they win out convincing I'd think it'd be hard for Florida to jump back over them. Gotta hope Louisville beats WVU and then Louisville drops a game later in the year, which I wouldnt say is a unreasonable.

Though if you guys dominate the rest of the way out and handle Auburn in a title game it should count for something.

DonShula84 said:
You could see Louisville jump Florida with a win over WVU though and then if they win out convincing I'd think it'd be hard for Florida to jump back over them. Gotta hope Louisville beats WVU and then Louisville drops a game later in the year, which I wouldnt say is a unreasonable.

Though if you guys dominate the rest of the way out and handle Auburn in a title game it should count for something.
I've heard a lot voters (the vast majority, in fact) say they would vote for a one loss UF over and undefeated WV or Louisville team. Problem is, they all vote for the AP :goof:

finswin56 said:
I've heard a lot voters (the vast majority, in fact) say they would vote for a one loss UF over and undefeated WV or Louisville team. Problem is, they all vote for the AP :goof:

As they should, including voting a number of other 1 loss teams from tough conferences that would be very deserving of votes over any of the Big East mirages.

Just like the bigeast last season huh? "WVU will get crushed by georgia, thats all i heard. and look what happened?

Dont talk to me about the big east. The ACC and such are the confrences are the ones that need to be worried about there own teams.....WAKE FOREST ALMOST BEATING MIAMI........IN FOOTBALL????????

WestVirginiaFan said:
Just like the bigeast last season huh? "WVU will get crushed by georgia, thats all i heard. and look what happened?

Dont talk to me about the big east. The ACC and such are the confrences are the ones that need to be worried about there own teams.....WAKE FOREST ALMOST BEATING MIAMI........IN FOOTBALL????????

Don't forget about Duke too :tongue:

WestVirginiaFan said:

Funny how you guys keep referring to Miami to defend the validity of how good your teams are.
Talk about an inferiority complex!

Miami has nothing to do with this discussion and I don't see anyone defending that Miami isn't in trouble.
So what's your point?

There are a number of teams that have one loss that I feel would well deserve being voted ahead of the Big East trio that so much hype is being laid upon.

How do you even have time for this discussion anyway, should'nt you be searching for hidden Mountaineer fans for your website on a San Diego Charger or Toronto Blue Jay fansite?

finswin56 said:

I've argued that myself but with teams like Rutgers and Pitt being better and the Big East maybe not being as weak as I thought I'm kind fo rethinking whether it'll happen. I still think the nonconference games that WVU scheduled are a joke and that still might hurt them

DonShula84 said:
I've argued that myself but with teams like Rutgers and Pitt being better and the Big East maybe not being as weak as I thought I'm kind fo rethinking whether it'll happen. I still think the nonconference games that WVU scheduled are a joke and that still might hurt them

Problem is, those teams in the Big East that WV and Louisville are using to validate themselves, haven't beaten anyone worth a damn. At best the Big East can be compared equally to the ACC relevant to overall conference talent... even then they only make the grade because of the top two programs... who haven't proven a thing to anyone this year. Sucks for Lousiville though, at least they tried to put someone on their schedule with Miami. Too bad for them UM turned out to be a turd this year.

WestVirginiaFan said:

we dont play Wake this year

we crushed Wake last year

Miami Overpowers Wake Forest 47-17

Back
Top Bottom