there is still a chance will poole could..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

there is still a chance will poole could.....

?

How does a Partial tear of the ACL go 12 weeks and a full go a season? Either way if its tore your going to have the surgey and replace it most likley? Just wondering sence i hvae tore mine...

ckparrothead said:
I'm not assuming anything about the injury until the team releases a statement. We haven't seen it yet because this is all just starting, but I think we're likely to see wildly inaccurate reports about guys' injury situations under the Saban era with him putting such a tight clamp on the information outflow. It wouldn't even surprise me if Poole had no injury and Saban was trying to test out an information leak.

Gegardless if it,s true or not, life is a whole lot more interesting with Saban than it ever was with Wanny!?!?:eek:

this is a tough, tough loss that affects our depth at CB. However, I feel confident that with Saban, Reggie Howard will step it up this year. Howard was very effective in Carolina in an off-man, zone type of scheme, which should be implemented more with Saban here. B4 with Wanny and Bates it was a vanilla, line right up in front of you type of thing, we'll see whose personnel will prevail. Edwards and Daniels are two big, physical CB's that will have to step it up, and I have no doubt in my mind that Saban will extract every ounce of potential in their bodies, especially that of Daniels... Phins will be ok~

KuD said:
He's not, but everyone thought he was last night. :D Please don't get on my case, I already apologized to the guy.

I'm not getting on your case, bro. I just thought I missed something.
:)

Typical recovery time from an ACL injury in the NFL is 6-8 months depending on the severity.

In Theory, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect him to be ready to play by the end of October.

godfater21 said:
with all our coaching staff changes, it looks like Saban should have gotten a better training staff the way we seem to always get players seriously hurt in practice.

:huh:

godfater21 said:
with all our coaching staff changes, it looks like Saban should have gotten a better training staff the way we seem to always get players seriously hurt in practice.

Yeah, I guess these type of freak injuries only happen to the Dolphins. A really, really good training staff would have hovered around each player and kept them from making sudden moves of the kind that could sprain or tear ligaments.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

phineffect said:
How does a Partial tear of the ACL go 12 weeks and a full go a season? Either way if its tore your going to have the surgey and replace it most likley? Just wondering sence i hvae tore mine...

I've torn my ACL in both knees. I've done some research on the subject, but by no means am I a doctor. But, if it's a partial tear, I don't believe that there's any surgery involved, unless it's scoped to clear out some stuff. For the partial tear, it's more recovery (swelling go down) and then rehab to build the muscles to help support. For a complete tear, then yes, there's surgery to repair/reconstruct.

Any professional input from BoneDoc?

Attention Miami locals, please watch Drew's Views Tonight(Drew is Poole's agent) and give us(non-Miami Dolfans) the update on the Will Poole injury. Thanks! :D

godfater21 said:
Like I said injuries seem to plague this team. and when players get hurt in most cases it is due to a problem with the training staff. givin the teams past injuries now this one. Miami needs to evaluate it's training staff and see if it need to clean house before the injuries start to snowball like they did last year, and in years past.

I just don't see how you can jump to the conclusion that a better training staff will prevent knee injuries. Last year Boston was running with no one around him and tore up his knee. How could the trainers prevent that? No one knows what happened to Poole yet. For all we know it could have been similar to what happened to Boston. He may have just twisted or stepped the wrong way.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I just don't see how you can jump to the conclusion that a better training staff will prevent knee injuries. Last year Boston was running with no one around him and tore up his knee. How could the trainers prevent that? No one knows what happened to Poole yet. For all we know it could have been similar to what happened to Boston. He may have just twisted or stepped the wrong way.

A good training staff would make sure players stretch properly and stretch everything. they would also fully study a players health and evaluate there risk of injuries.If Players are getting hurt just from running than they are not stretching properly or not stretching everything. they could have had a minor injurie they where not aware of because the training staff was not doing there job. A good training staff knows every players health down to an ingrown hair.

godfater21 said:
A good training staff would make sure players stretch properly and stretch everything. they would also fully study a players health and evaluate there risk of injuries.If Players are getting hurt just from running than they are not stretching properly or not stretching everything. they could have had a minor injurie they where not aware of because the training staff was not doing there job. A good training staff knows every players health down to an ingrown hair.
You're assuming a lot here. First it has been noted that this guy lost at least 10 pounds in the offseason, so what kind of conditioning was he doing? How could the training staff know what he was doing if he didn't tell them? Second this guy is trying to become a starter, and he is going to do anything to make that happen, including working through injuries, is it the trainings staffs fault that he didn't tell them about soreness? Third, injuries happen. That is a fact.

godfater21 said:

So what was Pooles injury list last year?
Boston blew out his knee with no contact. Had nothing to do with stretching.
Marino blew his achilles just from stepping back.
Seau tore his pectoral from tackling
Booker got tackled on the 2 and slammed his knee into the ground causing him to miss a game

I guess you are right. These were all preventable had Marino, Seau, Poole, Boston and Booker just took an extra 15 mins to stretch and flex some more.

Please get over it. There are certain injuries like sprains, pulled muscles that can be a direct result of not stretching properly. Tears, especially with the ACL are not usually caused from lack of stretching but more a bad step, or for some reason too much pressure on the ACL or other muscle. Do you honestly believe that stretching longer would turn the 8lbs of pressure to tear the ACL to something higher?

Back
Top Bottom