These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...se-let-ryan-tannehill-throw-with-game-on-line

“I trust him,” Gase said. “It wouldn’t matter who was back there. That’s a s----- situation to be in. It’s third and long. You’re backed up. It’s a bad situation. I’ve been in that before and watched a Hall of Fame quarterback (Peyton Manning) take a safety. In this building.”

Did he think Miami would get the ball back?

“Yeah,” Gase said. “I had faith on our defense. We had stopped them the majority of the game.”

What? You gave up on passing because of what might happen?!? Same ol' bullshit with this team no matter who the coach is. Coaching scared when it matters. Meanwhile, other teams with less talent play aggressively.

Guess what, Gase? I don't care how much confidence you have in your defense. Sometimes that doesn't matter when you're facing a generational talent at QB like Luck. He had all the faith in the world that they'd be able to stop Luck. I'm sure the 3 defensive lineman who were a step away from Luck on that crucial third down play were confident too, but he got away and still fired an accurate pass downfield which led to the game winning FG. When you're facing a great QB, you need to scheme aggressively. In what world did he think this defense would prevent Luck from gaining 20 yards for the game winning FG?

Last edited:
Gase can sit and watch the playoffs again and think about what might have been, while the coaches with a sack that trust their QB to make a play are playing.

Last edited:
That quote is so terrible lmao. He’s coaching scared. What a bitch.

Ridiculous. You know what else might have happened? Devante Parker might have caught a quick 20 yard pass if Tannehill just throws it up. They've done it before. A defender could've made the wrong read and left a receiver open. Maybe one of the receivers on the field {GASP} actually make a play and gain 5 yards on a quick pass. Mr. Bubble Screen offensive guru didn't think about that? His playcalling in crucial situations is pathetic.

One day, one of the lineman that he keeps throwing under the bus is going to light his ass up. What a douche.

Ridiculous. You know what else might have happened? Devante Parker might have caught a quick 20 yard pass if Tannehill just throws it up. They've done it before. A defender could've made the wrong read and left a receiver open. Maybe one of the receivers on the field {GASP} actually make a play and gain 5 yards on a quick pass. Mr. Bubble Screen offensive guru didn't think about that? His playcalling in crucial situations is pathetic.

Or Carroo could of taken another long pass for a TD lol.

Yea, being that conservative is ridiculous. One thing if the defense was of the early 2000's caliber(ZT,JT, Madison/Surtain etc) but the current defense sucks.

Relying on this defense is foolish, especially when the Colts offense reclicked in the 4th.

Or Carroo could of taken another long pass for a TD lol.

Yea, being that conservative is ridiculous. One thing if the defense was of the early 2000's caliber(ZT,JT, Madison/Surtain etc) but the current defense sucks.

Relying on this defense is foolish, especially when the Colts offense reclicked in the 4th.

I don't care what defense you have out there. Sure, have faith in your defense, but realize who the QB is on the other sideline and do what you have to do to score or at least keep the ball away longer and change field position. They were backed up. That means most likely the Colts get the ball around midfield or worse if they get any type of decent return. Gase thought this defense held together with papier-mâché would be able to prevent Luck from driving the ball about 20 yards. Andrew damn Luck. Genius plan from the guru.

Why couldn’t Tannehill audible out of those plays? He has the option or at least I thought he did. I don’t care what anyone says but this has everything to do with him not trusting his QB.

Why couldn’t Tannehill audible out of those plays? He has the option or at least I thought he did. I don’t care what anyone says but this has everything to do with him not trusting his QB.

Even if he doesn't have audible privileges, why didn't he audible? What are they gonna do? Bench him for Osweiller? Cut him? Tannehill talked about being a competitor in the post game presser, saying he wants the ball in his hands. Well, he had the ball in his hands, but he decided not to audible and follow the instructions of his scared coach.

I don't care what defense you have out there. Sure, have faith in your defense, but realize who the QB is on the other sideline and do what you have to do to score or at least keep the ball away longer and change field position. They were backed up. That means most likely the Colts get the ball around midfield or worse if they get any type of decent return. Gase thought this defense held together with papier-mâché would be able to prevent Luck from driving the ball about 20 yards. Andrew damn Luck. Genius plan from the guru.
Right.
But my beef is with the previous drive more so than this one.
We had better field position, and the running game was gaining yards, and we abandon it.

Remember Marino playing against colts and driving for game winning score, he ignored jmmy's instructions and told oronde to run a go route if they blitzed....Danny hit it for a huge gain and hit him again a few plays later for winning td. Gase & Tannehill left their balls in miami.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...se-let-ryan-tannehill-throw-with-game-on-line

What? You gave up on passing because of what might happen?!? Same ol' bullshit with this team no matter who the coach is. Coaching scared when it matters. Meanwhile, other teams with less talent play aggressively.

Guess what, Gase? I don't care how much confidence you have in your defense. Sometimes that doesn't matter when you're facing a generational talent at QB like Luck. He had all the faith in the world that they'd be able to stop Luck. I'm sure the 3 defensive lineman who were a step away from Luck on that crucial third down play were confident too, but he got away and still fired an accurate pass downfield which led to the game winning FG. When you're facing a great QB, you need to scheme aggressively. In what world did he think this defense would prevent Luck from gaining 20 yards for the game winning FG?

There are times when the best action is a big gamble. That was the time. But, that doesn't match 'play not to lose.'

I can't believe he said that he trusts his defense. Are you freaking kidding me??? The same defense that had just allowed them to tied the scored after being up by 10? The same defense that touched Luck 3 times out of the 38 times he went back to pass?
Is Gase delusional or just plain stupid?

Back
Top Bottom