They Don’t Possibly Expect Us To Play On This Field Tomorrow Do They? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

They Don’t Possibly Expect Us To Play On This Field Tomorrow Do They?

Yes and tore his peck muscle. Also the great john becks first start
That was when stupid Timmons purposely stepped on Ricky. I’ll always remember that because they just ignored it like it wasn’t intentional when it clearly was.

Jets and Dolphins have the bye week on November 18th, so obviously the game could be moved until then. Wait and see, I guess.

This is football, not baseball. Our games have been rescheduled enough the past few years for good reasons.

This is not one of them.

This is football, not baseball. Our games have been rescheduled enough the past few years for good reasons.

This is not one of them.
It shouldnt be... But if they do something stupid like postpone the game, it would definitely favor the Fins.... Giving time to Stills and Tannehill to get healthy....

It shouldnt be... But if they do something stupid like postpone the game, it would definitely favor the Fins.... Giving time to Stills and Tannehill to get healthy....

Getting Tannehill healthy favors the Fins?

Seriously...they would certainly just postpone it to tomorrow night.

https://www.webcamgalore.com/webcam/USA/Miami-Florida/16971.html
live link to field cam. doesnt look they are working too hard on fixing field

Thanks for the link.

Will the Canes ever have their own stadium again?

When have they had their own stadium? They shared the Orange Bowl with the Dolphins and they now share Hard Rock. It has been this way since the beginning of man. Me I mean. I'm 62.

This game could be a mess playing on that field. Last night it looked like a bunch of elephants had been playing in the mud. As for our team, who knows how they'll play. Everything is in their favor to play well today but you just never know.
As far as the Canes, Ritch sucks and needs to go already.

I saw very little mud in comparison to how much rain fell. Had that much rain fallen on any grass field there were going to be issues. Frankly I thought the turf held up reasonably given the circumstances. There is not a real turf field that can drain away more water than fell.
After the rain finally stopped, the field drained.
I like grass, the players like grass. I say deal with grass if you have grass.

Jets and Dolphins have the bye week on November 18th, so obviously the game could be moved until then. Wait and see, I guess.

The game will go as planned. They are not going to move a NFL game due to field conditions. And I agree with them.

Wasn't it like 10 years ago we had one of the best fields in the NFL? Everyone raved about the drainage and how durable it was for natural grass. Maybe it was longer then 10 years ....

I saw very little mud in comparison to how much rain fell. Had that much rain fallen on any grass field there were going to be issues. Frankly I thought the turf held up reasonably given the circumstances. There is not a real turf field that can drain away more water than fell.
After the rain finally stopped, the field drained.
I like grass, the players like grass. I say deal with grass if you have grass.

Correct. Very little mud based on how long it rained and the intensity of the rain. The puddles were the issue. I didn't understand how slowly and poorly the field was draining in the second quarter. That led to both teams condensing their offense.

One punt skidded to a quick stop in a puddle near the sideline and everyone laughed in the stands. It was like attempting a golf putt on a green flooded with water. Golfers will know what I mean. You can hit it as hard as you want and the putt will stop within 10 feet.

Once the puddles were gone in the second half the offenses were more normal again, although obviously it didn't do the Canes any good given the status of their quarterbacking.

Last year was a disaster. The Canes vs Georgia Tech game featured a muddy field everywhere despite rain that wasn't close to last night's volume. I thought the issue was gone, until all those puddles last night.

There shouldn't be any reason they can't solve the drainage issue. I remember decades ago when Prescription Athletic Turf was installed in the Orange Bowl and elsewhere the company bragged about a series of underground pipes to either water the field or drain the field from below. That was more than four decades ago. Hard to believe there hasn't been some type of advancement.

Wasn't it like 10 years ago we had one of the best fields in the NFL? Everyone raved about the drainage and how durable it was for natural grass. Maybe it was longer then 10 years ....

The roof changed everything...can't use the same turf

Correct. Very little mud based on how long it rained and the intensity of the rain. The puddles were the issue. I didn't understand how slowly and poorly the field was draining in the second quarter. That led to both teams condensing their offense.

One punt skidded to a quick stop in a puddle near the sideline and everyone laughed in the stands. It was like attempting a golf putt on a green flooded with water. Golfers will know what I mean. You can hit it as hard as you want and the putt will stop within 10 feet.

Once the puddles were gone in the second half the offenses were more normal again, although obviously it didn't do the Canes any good given the status of their quarterbacking.

Last year was a disaster. The Canes vs Georgia Tech game featured a muddy field everywhere despite rain that wasn't close to last night's volume. I thought the issue was gone, until all those puddles last night.

There shouldn't be any reason they can't solve the drainage issue. I remember decades ago when Prescription Athletic Turf was installed in the Orange Bowl and elsewhere the company bragged about a series of underground pipes to either water the field or drain the field from below. That was more than four decades ago. Hard to believe there hasn't been some type of advancement.

I thought the field held up pretty good. Like I said I cannot remember a game that it rained as bad as Saturday night.
I also remember the drain talk under the field. But once again I never saw a rain that hard before during a game. Last years turf was a different company, but drainage should be much improved than it was in the Orange Bowl days.
IMO, it was not a drainage problem. It was an over abundance of rain that the drains could not keep up with.

Yeah, I was expecting a whole lot worse from the field based on what everyone was saying early in the morning.

Will the Canes ever have their own stadium again?
The Canes never had their own field. The Orange Bowl was city owned and Dolphins and Canes shared it. The only reason they were the only team for a while was because the Dolphins moved to their own stadium.

The UM is a small private university (20,000 enrollment). It is not feasible for them to have their own stadium.

All this hoopla about sharing the field is for nothing.

Every single time I visit Miami it's either raining or horribly windy!

The Canes never had their own field. The Orange Bowl was city owned and Dolphins and Canes shared it. The only reason they were the only team for a while was because the Dolphins moved to their own stadium.

The UM is a small private university (20,000 enrollment). It is not feasible for them to have their own stadium.

All this hoopla about sharing the field is for nothing.

Thanks. I shouldn’t have said “again”. I’d love for the Canes to have their own place bc I want the field’s end zones painted year round. That and have no chance of college or soccer the night before potentially ruining the field.

Back
Top Bottom