This Coaching Staff In 3 Weeks… | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Coaching Staff In 3 Weeks…

I didn’t know that the league knew that Flores was a scab. Now I’m wondering who they called for references? His family?
When I say Flores was a scab, didn’t mean that when we first hired him, but after a year of carousel coaches it became clear that he was not the guy quality assistants wanted to hitch their wagons to.

When I say Flores was a scab, didn’t mean that when we first hired him, but after a year of carousel coaches it became clear that he was not the guy quality assistants wanted to hitch their wagons to.
So, one year is the basis for a "carousel" of coaches. This seems a "little" overstated.

Now if you looked at those OC changes over 3-year period you may be on to something - LOL

So, one year is the basis for a "carousel" of coaches. This seems a "little" overstated.

Now if you looked at those OC changes over 3-year period you may be on to something - LOL

Below is Sean McVay's coaching record with the Rams. I am hoping McDaniel can have a similar start with the Dolphins. McVay has been there five years. Sure would be nice if McDaniels had us playing so well that he stayed that long or longer. I am sure none of us are happy with the HC churn.

SeanMcVayRecord.PNG

Below is Sean McVay's coaching record with the Rams. I am hoping McDaniel can have a similar start with the Dolphins. McVay has been there five years. Sure would be nice if McDaniels had us playing so well that he stayed that long or longer. I am sure none of us are happy with the HC churn.

View attachment 95539
See how "easy" that was - LOL

He fired an OC after his first year and who actually had success with the offense
And what about the Oline coaches? I’d say it was a bad look

He fired an OC after his first year and who actually had success with the offense
And what about the Oline coaches? I’d say it was a bad look
Yes, it was a bad look, but I feel it takes more than one bad look to justify the term carousel.

The coaching staff Flores put together in year one looked pretty good on paper. Caldwell, O'Shea, Godsey, Flaherty....didn't take long for things to fall apart on the offensive side but for a hot minute it looked impressive enough.

Here's to hoping for a bit more stability in this staff. Gotta feel for the poor offensive linemen during the Flores regime having a new guy come in about every 8 months on average.

Everyone keeps misinterpreting my point! Yes, it probably would have been clearer if I didn't use the term "nobodies". But, my point is that most of these guys are not coaches that everyone would recognize WITHOUT having to Google them. When Matt Patricia took over as HC of Detroit, I didn't have to google his name to know who he was. Also, coaches who used to be players usually have recognizable names, like Wes Welker, for example. Jon Embree? Never heard of him in my life! I also never heard of McDaniel until recently, and now he's the new Head Coach!

BTW, unlike many of you, I'm NOT a true NFL fan... I'm just a Miami Dolphins fan. I don't care about any other team or their coaches. I'll watch games for fun and know a lot of players' names (and Head Coaches), but I have no interest in knowing anything beyond that. I love the Fins and want to see them be relevant and competitive again, but I couldn't care less who their RB coach is! :shrug:
So why bother chiming in at all?

Flo was winning, other teams played those same bad qb's and loss, and if we were as bad as them we should have lost too. Flo was the real deal. He just needs to learn Offense so he could get a staff and Id on this side of the ball also. But a better OL would have helped a lot. That's on Flo as well. But we knew he was a D coach coming in.
Flores is currently suing the NFL and our beloved Miami Dolphins franchise and the NY Giants. He is a complete moron and screwed himself out of ever coaching in the NFL again. I don't think even some Pee Wee football team could trust that POS

good riddance

Back
Top Bottom