This draft reaks of Joe Philbin NOT Ireland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This draft reaks of Joe Philbin NOT Ireland

Ireland's draft PERIOD.

But great vivid imagination ... best to pay attention!!

No street cred what-so-ever ... despite a ton of dreamers saying Philbin does.

Philbin ... he's the Freshman Coach newby with feedback ... but he's only coaching, especially this first year ... we don't even know if he can coach, many newby coaches fail.

Obviously the GM runs the draft but it is a collective effort. It is easy to see the difference between Sparano's influence and Philbins.

Haha! We wont know for sure until year 3 from now, only then will people come out and decide that all the good picks we're made by Philbin, while all the busts must have been Ireland's guys... So funny!

I think you are right to a degree. Philbin has a vision and direction for the team and is working with Ireland to pick the players that fit in that category. IMO Sparano didn't have a good vision for the team which caused our drafts to fizzle out like they did.

This draft is too good for Ireland to be making the picks...I garuantee Joe Philbin is in charge and getting his guys! Great draft! Now if we can get Crinor or Nick Toon in round 5...

We're running a DIF type of offense and defense. I'm not sure why anyone would be shocked we are picking DIF kinds of players.

This draft is too good for Ireland to be making the picks...I garuantee Joe Philbin is in charge and getting his guys! Great draft! Now if we can get Crinor or Nick Toon in round 5...

He's not in charge but Philbin's opinion must have a lot of weight, because Ireland knows he needs to get impact players that fits Philbins philosophy.

Come on guys. Philbin and his coaching staff have their fingerprints all over this draft.

It's no coincidence. We were drafting linemen in the 1st and 2d rounds for years with Morono as our HC.

Suddenly we take a QB in the 1st round for the first time in 29 years, draft a pass catching TE in the 3rd (something Parcells is on record saying he never likes to do).... get real.

Not an Ireland fan, but think he has done a good job this draft. All credit and blame go to the GM. He has 100% control on who gets drafted. Obviously, Ireland has done his homework on the type of players for the new system being implemented.

I believe Ireland and Philbin know their jobs are tied to the Tannehill pick. So I believe they are working together to build a different kind of team.

Good draft so far.They seem to be looking for WCO type guys and that is Philbins thing. Props to Jeff for throwing out the old Parcell's guidelines.

If you don't rate this draft at least a B you might as well never watch dolphins football again, because NOTHING will ever make you happy.

Come on guys. Philbin and his coaching staff have their fingerprints all over this draft.

It's no coincidence. We were drafting linemen in the 1st and 2d rounds for years with Morono as our HC.

Suddenly we take a QB in the 1st round for the first time in 29 years, draft a pass catching TE in the 3rd (something Parcells is on record saying he never likes to do).... get real.

So Philbin is making the decisions? I'd like for you to be REALLY specific here.

Back
Top Bottom