This Elam kid.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Elam kid....

josephreese said:
I agree with the spirit of your post.

As an interesting aside, it begs the question:
Does our judicial system succeed in rehabilitating felonious criminals?

If not, then he shouldn't be given a chance, in my opinion.
If so, then we should assume that he has been rehabilitated, and perhaps he should be given a chance.

Personally, I think the judicial system does a piss-poor job at rehabilitation for people that commit felonies. It's more about punishment than rehabilitating people (and whether that's just or unjust I'll leave for a different discussion).

I think you make a good point...there are some things that I think one can overlook...a DUI, a joint, whatever...but the crime we are talking about here is a very serious assault on another person....

I think that in the "real world" this guy would have problems getting hired by MacDonald's...let alone an NFL franchise.

josephreese said:
I agree with the spirit of your post.

As an interesting aside, it begs the question:
Does our judicial system succeed in rehabilitating felonious criminals?

If not, then he shouldn't be given a chance, in my opinion.
If so, then we should assume that he has been rehabilitated, and perhaps he should be given a chance.

Personally, I think the judicial system does a piss-poor job at rehabilitation for people that commit felonies. It's more about punishment than rehabilitating people (and whether that's just or unjust I'll leave for a different discussion).
yep, and stats show that by how many repeat offenders there are.

Schleprock said:
yep, and stats show that by how many repeat offenders there are.

Especially when you're talking about a sexual crime.

I was one of really rallied for Saban when we needed a new coach. I believe that one has to wait and see what happens before coming to conclusion. With that said though, this decision is going to come back and bite him in the ***!! He kept speaking about how character is important and he decides on this guy!! Give me a break!! When is enough enough??

The guy probably won't even make the team.

Ok first off anyone who hurts a child should rot it the pits of hell after the worst torture known to mankind whatever that may be (don't believe me become a parent). Second is people who abuse/rape women. With that said:

We are hiring him due to his ability on the field it is against the law for us to deny him the ability to try out based on his past. According to the laws of the land, Yes in fact he has paid his time and continues to do so with the lifetime penalties that are brought upon him by being a felon (has to register with police, no vote, special clearence need for leaving the country, not ever able work a security clearence job, and more i just don't remember them all) If you don't like the punishment thats not his fault write your politicians and get them to fix it.

There already are murderes, rapists, wife beaters, Drug dealers, Criminals, and all other sorts fo characters in not only the NFL but NBA, MLB, and hockey. So why is it ok for One guy to get convicted of murder and play. One guy on our team to hit his wife and be ok, but since this guy YOU don't like. its suddenly not OK. If you want these guys banned you can't just pick and choose which ones you want.

So some of the top guys who have cleared up there past aren't allowed to play anymore.. oh wait just the guys you don't like. You can't have it both ways.

awing_pilot said:
Ok first off anyone who hurts a child should rot it the pits of hell after the worst torture known to mankind whatever that may be (don't believe me become a parent). Second is people who abuse/rape women. With that said:

We are hiring him due to his ability on the field it is against the law for us to deny him the ability to try out based on his past. According to the laws of the land, Yes in fact he has paid his time and continues to do so with the lifetime penalties that are brought upon him by being a felon (has to register with police, no vote, special clearence need for leaving the country, not ever able work a security clearence job, and more i just don't remember them all) If you don't like the punishment thats not his fault write your politicians and get them to fix it.

There already are murderes, rapists, wife beaters, Drug dealers, Criminals, and all other sorts fo characters in not only the NFL but NBA, MLB, and hockey. So why is it ok for One guy to get convicted of murder and play. One guy on our team to hit his wife and be ok, but since this guy YOU don't like. its suddenly not OK. If you want these guys banned you can't just pick and choose which ones you want.

So some of the top guys who have cleared up there past aren't allowed to play anymore.. oh wait just the guys you don't like. You can't have it both ways.

Great, great, GREAT post.

awing_pilot said:

LMAO Who would that be?

awing_pilot said:

:rawk:

FiN.in.RI said:
LMAO Who would that be?
off the top of my head a player from baltimore and Jason Kid of the NBA, I forget the baltimore guys name, add a few ex-pro athletes as well.. but thats not really relevant

awing_pilot said:
off the top of my head a player from baltimore and Jason Kid of the NBA, I forget the baltimore guys name, add a few ex-pro athletes as well.. but thats not really relevant

Convicted of MURDER? No.

I can't stand convicted Wife beaters, sex offenders or chile abusers.. I don't care who they are I owuld never be a fan of theirs.

awing_pilot said:

Who are you refering to from Baltimore? I'd like to know...if you tell what they did I might be able to tell you who is was...

FinzManiac said:
Who are you refering to from Baltimore? I'd like to know...if you tell what they did I might be able to tell you who is was...

I think he is referring to Ray Lewis. Who was never convicted of anything.

Back
Top Bottom