This Franchise has done nothing and the hiring of marino means nothing. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Franchise has done nothing and the hiring of marino means nothing.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Wannstead, where did he go?

He is here in miami!

New General Manager?

No, we went' conservative and chosed one of our own guys.

Dan Marino?

Give me a break, he even admitted he needed help in the
press conference and sounded like he had no clue about
the job.

After a decade, Mr. Wayne has done nothing for the franchise other than hire the wrong personel to lead his company. If the teams goals are the superbowl then we won't win one anywhere soon with the people that we have on office. Specially if we have a mediocre coaching leading the talent.

You know what the big difference this year is...

Marino is making Huizenga's decisons

Speilman is making Wanny's personel decisions.

Wanny is only gonna coach.

Sounds like three steps in a better direction on all 3 counts.

For all the criticism Dave Wannstedt gets as a coach, people fail to put the 2003 season in prospective. Our OL sucked, our QB's were both erratic, and 4 of our 6 losses came to teams playing in tomorrow's championship games.

Did I envision a better season? sure

Do I think we could've been MUCH WORSE? absolutely

Marino was brought in for one reason only and thats cause Wayne trusts him and he will do what Dan tells him to do.......if Dan says we need a new QB, we'll get a new QB, if Dan says we need a new HC.....we'll get one......its that simple.

At this juncture, its whatever Rick Speilman says. Dan might be the boss, but he's not in charge, not yet.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

He is here in miami!

New General Manager?

No, we went' conservative and chosed one of our own guys.

Dan Marino?

Give me a break, he even admitted he needed help in the
press conference and sounded like he had no clue about
the job.

After a decade, Mr. Wayne has done nothing for the franchise other than hire the wrong personel to lead his company. If the teams goals are the superbowl then we won't win one anywhere soon with the people that we have on office. Specially if we have a mediocre coaching leading the talent.

worst post ever.

wannstedt is a good coach. he can't pick personel.

Speilman got the job because he had a great plan. he knows the team, and has a lot of expirence. he's done most of the FA deals and trades. the only thing lacking was the final say.

Marino admits he'll need help. geez did you have to hear him tell you that before you understood? he's gonna end up being great for miami. he's gonna lure in big FA, gonna make sure the coach/GM are doing the job good, and is gonna end up (if DW fails) getting the team a great HC.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

Marino wasn't brought in to make an impact this year. Kinda like a rookie QB. He's supposed to sit back behind the starters and learn for a year or two.

Originally posted by Muck
Marino wasn't brought in to make an impact this year. Kinda like a rookie QB. He's supposed to sit back behind the starters and learn for a year or two.

did you see Marino's rookie year? ;)

He did sit out the first 5 games. :)

Originally posted by juniorseau55

He is here in miami!

Correct me if I am wrong but Wannstedt has one of the best winning records in the NFL without a big name QB. The others have Peyton Manning, Tom Brady etc. I think this is a good move for the franchise and as with all hiring and firings time will tell.

Re: Re: This Franchise has done nothing and the hiring of marino means nothing.

Originally posted by Dolphan99

Correct me if I am wrong but Wannstedt has one of the best winning records in the NFL without a big name QB. The others have Peyton Manning, Tom Brady etc. I think this is a good move for the franchise and as with all hiring and firings time will tell.

Ya but in support of the flipside, Callahan probably could have went 10-6 with the talent on this team.

Originally posted by Stamos
You know what the big difference this year is...

Marino is making Huizenga's decisons

Speilman is making Wanny's personel decisions.

Wanny is only gonna coach.

Sounds like three steps in a better direction on all 3 counts.

For all the criticism Dave Wannstedt gets as a coach, people fail to put the 2003 season in prospective. Our OL sucked, our QB's were both erratic, and 4 of our 6 losses came to teams playing in tomorrow's championship games.

Did I envision a better season? sure

Do I think we could've been MUCH WORSE? absolutely

DAMN good post, puts things in perspective...of course, our qb and o-line troubles ultimately fall on wanny's lap

Re: Re: This Franchise has done nothing and the hiring of marino means nothing.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

worst post ever.

wannstedt is a good coach. he can't pick personel.

Speilman got the job because he had a great plan. he knows the team, and has a lot of expirence. he's done most of the FA deals and trades. the only thing lacking was the final say.

Marino admits he'll need help. geez did you have to hear him tell you that before you understood? he's gonna end up being great for miami. he's gonna lure in big FA, gonna make sure the coach/GM are doing the job good, and is gonna end up (if DW fails) getting the team a great HC.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

dont bash the man for just giving his opinion... hes jumping to conclusions by saying that the dolphins wont benefit from the changes(or no changes) they have made so far. that goes the same for you guys that are jumping to conclusions that they will benefit..this team could go to the superbowl in the next two years, but they could also go to the toilet bowl as well..we will see if wannstedt is really a 'good' coach when this team has a real QB and offensive line. we will also have to wait and see if speilman can choose players better than wanny..and marino.. nobody really knows for sure what his job will be.. we can only speculate. it makes a lot of sense he was brought here for PR, but he could help in the future. but i really doubt he will help now. i know everybody here is a die hard dolphin fan, but dont let that cloud your perspective on this team. after watching the dolphins for 15 years, ive learned to step back and look at this team through a non-fans perspective. thats the only way you can get a good idea about what this team is going to do. im still a fan, but i dont let that sway my judgement on them, and thats what a lot of you should try to do. and it seems like JR55 has done as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, ones person's success cannot be measured by the path they have taken, but by the footprints they have left behind...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom