This is a great example for not trading down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a great example for not trading down

Based off historical Miami drafts this is exactly how it could go down. Its also why I don't think you trade down this year but rather "Cash" in and take the best available when you can to build talented playmakers around Tua who they spent a high draft pick on last season. You dont fold at this point in Tuas development...You double down!~

BTW...Could you imagine Najee Harris falling to Buffalo at #30? That would be just wonderful no?

I personally don’t see that mock as a “great example for not trading down” when you consider the compensation;

“Simulated Trade: Panthers trades #8, #73, #109 and a 2022 RD1 pick to Dolphins for #3”

I’m more than fine with trading back I just don’t think those players would be the picks.

Slater-Love his game and he has been getting tons of hype since shutting down Chase Young in 2019. To me though he doesn’t fit the body profile of the linemen they have drafted /signed. Flores seems to like really big wide bodies and Slater is 6’4”, 315. Slater can play Center so that might be a fit but I figure we have to have the Center position figured out before the draft so Slater would be redundant.

Moore-Again love the player but he has only played 7 games in two years. Hard to imagine us spending a first round pick on more of a slot/gimmick player that is injured often.

And Pitts falling to #16!?!?! That’s absurd, he would be a better value at #8 than Slater.

Last edited:
I personally don’t see that mock as a “great example for not trading down” when you consider the compensation;

“Simulated Trade: Panthers trades #8, #73, #109 and a 2022 RD1 pick to Dolphins for #3”

I’m more than fine with trading back I just don’t think those players would be the picks.

Slater-Love his game and he has been getting tons of hype since shutting down Chase Young in 2019. To me though he doesn’t fit the body profile of the linemen they have drafted /signed. Flores seems to like really big wide bodies and Slater is 6’4”, 315. Slater can play so that might be a fit but I figure we have to have the Center position figured out before the draft so Slater would be redundant.

Moore-Again love the player but he has only played 7 games in two years. Hard to imagine us spending a first round pick on more of a slot/gimmick player that is injured often.

And Pitts falling to #16!?!?! That’s absurd, he would be a better value at #8 than Slater.

The really big wide bodies (Kindley, Flowers) with poor lateral movement is one reason teams utilize the stunt game against us.

Ideally, i would love to draft a more athletic tackle (Slater, Darrishaw, Radunz, Brown, etc) and kick Hunt inside to RG.....let Kindley and Flowers battle out the LG spot.

I can if it's #3.

Not my first choice, but I can see it.
Think there is a big disconnect here between what we as fans want and what this team are likely to do. Sewell for me is the #1 likely pick I think they will make if they stay at 3 and #2 is probably a defensive player and that would be way too high for any D player in this draft.

While I am not a fan of Rondale Moore (too injury prone and small), I would have to see what we got to trade down from #3 to #8. Not sure if I've missed something, but it doesn't show me what we get for moving down from #3 to #8. As for drafting Rashawn Slater, I think he is underrated by fans and will be highly regarded by NFL GM's. Some analysts have him as the top rated LT, because at this point in time he is probably the best LT coming out. Sewell definitely has high potential based on physical characteristics ... but right now, the only guy who could shut down Chase Young in college or the NFL has been Rashawn Slater. His arms may be a tad short, and he may not be as big as Sewell ... but the man gets results.

Now, I've been wrong before, and as recently as last year I liked the LT from Georgia who went to the Giants as my top OL ... and I was wrong. I still think he'll prove himself, but Wirfs really set the bar high. Iowa cornfed prodigy ... no idea why I ever doubted him. But, I'll stand behind my belief that Slater is a good player. I'm much happier taking a chance at a RT at #8 than at #3, but whether this is the right move or not really depends on what we get in that trade, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom