This is a great example for not trading down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a great example for not trading down

Pitts, Pitts , Pitts. He’s my favorite player in this draft. I hope I’m right.
Smith is the player I most want, but absolutely love Pitts as well. Would be good with Chase or Waddle.

Lots of offensive weapons for Miami.

I personally don’t see that mock as a “great example for not trading down” when you consider the compensation;

“Simulated Trade: Panthers trades #8, #73, #109 and a 2022 RD1 pick to Dolphins for #3”

I’m more than fine with trading back I just don’t think those players would be the picks.

Slater-Love his game and he has been getting tons of hype since shutting down Chase Young in 2019. To me though he doesn’t fit the body profile of the linemen they have drafted /signed. Flores seems to like really big wide bodies and Slater is 6’4”, 315. Slater can play Center so that might be a fit but I figure we have to have the Center position figured out before the draft so Slater would be redundant.

Moore-Again love the player but he has only played 7 games in two years. Hard to imagine us spending a first round pick on more of a slot/gimmick player that is injured often.

And Pitts falling to #16!?!?! That’s absurd, he would be a better value at #8 than Slater.
I'm not as high on Rondae Moore as some others.

I actually like Elijah Moore better, Bateman, Toney and Marshall as well.

The really big wide bodies (Kindley, Flowers) with poor lateral movement is one reason teams utilize the stunt game against us.

Ideally, i would love to draft a more athletic tackle (Slater, Darrishaw, Radunz, Brown, etc) and kick Hunt inside to RG.....let Kindley and Flowers battle out the LG spot.
That's a good point. Eichenberg in R2 is more likely in my opinion.

Now if Miami trades down to eight and somehow Sewell is there, he has to be a strong candidate.

Think there is a big disconnect here between what we as fans want and what this team are likely to do. Sewell for me is the #1 likely pick I think they will make if they stay at 3 and #2 is probably a defensive player and that would be way too high for any D player in this draft.
Could be. I think we'll have a clearer picture after free agency.

seriously pathetic attempt at a mock draft here
Idont se e jax picking another WR this early

Think there is a big disconnect here between what we as fans want and what this team are likely to do. Sewell for me is the #1 likely pick I think they will make if they stay at 3 and #2 is probably a defensive player and that would be way too high for any D player in this draft.
George Constanza once famously quoted "If every instinct I've ever had was wrong, then doing the exact opposite would be right"

My question to you is...based off the number of wins per season/Playoff's made/Superbowls won since 1974 in Miami would they have been better served to do the opposite?

Maybe we the fans are right more than they are ...

While I am not a fan of Rondale Moore (too injury prone and small), I would have to see what we got to trade down from #3 to #8. Not sure if I've missed something, but it doesn't show me what we get for moving down from #3 to #8. As for drafting Rashawn Slater, I think he is underrated by fans and will be highly regarded by NFL GM's. Some analysts have him as the top rated LT, because at this point in time he is probably the best LT coming out. Sewell definitely has high potential based on physical characteristics ... but right now, the only guy who could shut down Chase Young in college or the NFL has been Rashawn Slater. His arms may be a tad short, and he may not be as big as Sewell ... but the man gets results.

Now, I've been wrong before, and as recently as last year I liked the LT from Georgia who went to the Giants as my top OL ... and I was wrong. I still think he'll prove himself, but Wirfs really set the bar high. Iowa cornfed prodigy ... no idea why I ever doubted him. But, I'll stand behind my belief that Slater is a good player. I'm much happier taking a chance at a RT at #8 than at #3, but whether this is the right move or not really depends on what we get in that trade, IMHO.
Offensive linemen are always so hard to scout IMO. As a fan, I don't know if they are assignment sound, as an example. But you can see power and movement.

I love reading about those linemen with the killer instinct, who never quit and wear a defensive down. Last year that was Kindley. That's Sewell's scouting report as well.

Slater is said to be more technically sound. I think both will be good, maybe great players.

I also had Thomas high last year and he really struggled as a rookie, which I didn't see coming.

I'm certainly not opposed to the Dolphins adding talent on the offensive line. That 's an area that still needs some work.

Last edited:
Elijah Moore is incredible. Maybe the best hands in this class. He would provide a lot of what folks are wanting from Devonta smith, but for a lesser price.
I'm hoping he makes it to pick #36. Not sure if that's realistic or not.

If Miami can add another high #2 pick, ideally you can get a running back like Williams and a receiver like Moore or Marshall.

George Constanza once famously quoted "If every instinct I've ever had was wrong, then doing the exact opposite would be right"

My question to you is...based off the number of wins per season/Playoff's made/Superbowls won since 1974 in Miami would they have been better served to do the opposite?

Maybe we the fans are right more than they are ...
In many cases, yes.

Miami has too often drafted need over BPA. That has been a mistake over much of the past 20 years.

The Tunsil pick was an exception. That was the opposite of what Miami usually did. They gambled instead of playing it safe.

That has a chance to be the trade that keeps on giving for the Dolphins.

H
That's a good point. Eichenberg in R2 is more likely in my opinion.

Now if Miami trades down to eight and somehow Sewell is there, he has to be a strong candidate.
For that to happen I think we need someone to fall in love with Slater over Sewell or a Tunsil gas mask situation

Back
Top Bottom