This is a great example for not trading down | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a great example for not trading down

We're not moving down to 8 just to draft O-line there.
Agree and don’t believe all those WRs go that high but makes the point that trading down doesn’t always insure your player will be there. More players rarely means better.

Last edited:
heres a scenario I would entertain trading down :
  • MIA

Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida
    trade icon
  • MIA

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

• MIA

Zaven Collins
    LB Tulsa

• MIA

Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama
    trade icon
  • MIA

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina
    trade icon
  • MIA

Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

• MIA

Dyami Brown
    WR North Carolina
    trade icon
  • MIA

Andre Cisco
    S Syracuse
    trade icon
  • MIA

Brady Christensen
    OT BYU
    trade icon
  • MIA

Jordon Scott
    DT Oregon
    trade icon
  • 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 ATL 3rd

I don’t think that’s a “great example” because I think there’s exactly a zero percent chance three WRs get picked in a row to round out the top 7. Miami would also not pass on Pitts at 8 if he’s on the board for an OL. Look at the OL investment last year. They may well pick Pitts at 3 if the trade down offers don’t net them a 2022 first rounder

I personally don’t see that mock as a “great example for not trading down” when you consider the compensation;

“Simulated Trade: Panthers trades #8, #73, #109 and a 2022 RD1 pick to Dolphins for #3”

I’m more than fine with trading back I just don’t think those players would be the picks.

Slater-Love his game and he has been getting tons of hype since shutting down Chase Young in 2019. To me though he doesn’t fit the body profile of the linemen they have drafted /signed. Flores seems to like really big wide bodies and Slater is 6’4”, 315. Slater can play Center so that might be a fit but I figure we have to have the Center position figured out before the draft so Slater would be redundant.

Moore-Again love the player but he has only played 7 games in two years. Hard to imagine us spending a first round pick on more of a slot/gimmick player that is injured often.

And Pitts falling to #16!?!?! That’s absurd, he would be a better value at #8 than Slater.
Yeah, agreed. Pitts is a top 10 pick. He’ll go ahead of one of the three top WRs.

Think there is a big disconnect here between what we as fans want and what this team are likely to do. Sewell for me is the #1 likely pick I think they will make if they stay at 3 and #2 is probably a defensive player and that would be way too high for any D player in this draft.
There is ZERO chance they take Sewell at #3. Less than zero

We are not moving down period. All of these theories in mocks having us trade down are looking more like fantasies now.
Can you elaborate on why you would say that?

In response to the first sentence. There is no evidentiary foundation for such a definitive, unbending position. Feelz should never be stated as facts.

To the second, yeah, all mocks are pretty much fantasy, particularly those that come out before FA. Most of these guys do little research into the specific teams, and just rate the players.

As soon as one or two teams pick differently than the mock, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Frankly, I don't know why ppl even take early mocks (prior to a couple weeks before the draft) seriously.

Snag that 1st rounder next year stay in the top 10 this year add picks is the smart move.

Can you elaborate on why you would say that?

In response to the first sentence. There is no evidentiary foundation for such a definitive, unbending position. Feelz should never be stated as facts.

To the second, yeah, all mocks are pretty much fantasy, particularly those that come out before FA. Most of these guys do little research into the specific teams, and just rate the players.

As soon as one or two teams pick differently than the mock, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Frankly, I don't know why ppl even take early mocks (prior to a couple weeks before the draft) seriously.

IMO, only way Miami stays at #3 is if there are no realistic offers. And, I agree, FA may change the #3 target.
Mocks? No one knows who will be the #1,#2,#3 pick, but will mock 7 rounds and argue over Miami's 2nd R2 pick.

At some point Miami will select either an OT, OG or OC. Perhaps even one of each? As PSU astutely pointed out, Miami had problems with blocking stunts. That needs to change, if this young offensive line is going to improve and take a step or two forward.

If Miami addresses the OC position during F/A with Lindsey, who is one of the best centers in Football, should improve some of the blocking issues.

The question still remains, as to when Miami selects an offensive linemen during the draft. My guess it'll be somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds.

Back
Top Bottom