this is getting dumb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this is getting dumb

Well they can't keep them all, I hope they keep Gibson and trade Hartline (can get more for him for OL help) and have a very good team of receivers....but someone in the group needs to be traded instead of cut, if this is the way the FO wants to go, I hope it works out and will hold them accountable for it....

What do you think we would get for Hartline? Keep in mind that the Bills got a 4th for a superior WR in Stevie Johnson.

Yeah, I really don't see the point of releasing him. A $1.7 million savings? For what? That might matter if they had been smart enough to go after more linemen in FA, but that ship has sailed. I'd pay that $1.7 million for the depth and veteran leadership alone (sadly, it has to be noted that I am speaking figuratively).

Plus I always find the math in that equation as being off. If player A is set to make $3.7 million this year and if you release him he will only count $2 million against the cap. Everybody says that's a $1.7 million savings, but what they don't take in to account is the salary of the player replacing him. If the player that you sign to replace player A cost $1 million, that you other wise would not have spent, you're really only saving $700,000.

Player a = $3.7 million
Player b = $3 million ($1 million + the $2 million you still pay player a)
Total savings = $700.000 for a lesser player

What do you think we would get for Hartline? Keep in mind that the Bills got a 4th for a superior WR in Stevie Johnson.

I would like to test the 49ers on what it would take to get Boone, they have some injuries at WR and its the one position on offense that's held them back, the guys they have are either home run hitters, injury prone or old.....I would take a draft pic from anyone as long as its contingent on his production.....Hartline is a good receiver who will put up good numbers for a team with a good QB as a #2 he will catch just about anything, play in 12-14 games and is young enough to play another 5yrs at a high level.....I think he is worth more on the trade market than anyone else we have and we won't see a decline at the position with our depth....

I would like to test the 49ers on what it would take to get Boone, they have some injuries at WR and its the one position on offense that's held them back, the guys they have are either home run hitters, injury prone or old.....I would take a draft pic from anyone as long as its contingent on his production.....Hartline is a good receiver who will put up good numbers for a team with a good QB as a #2 he will catch just about anything, play in 12-14 games and is young enough to play another 5yrs at a high level.....I think he is worth more on the trade market than anyone else we have and we won't see a decline at the position with our depth....

It will take a lot more than a #2 that catches and falls down to get Boone, especially with his potential replacement looking like garbage so far. It would take Hartline, picks, and then a big salary. No thanks.

Right now, he is our only legit Red Zone threat at receiver. It would be dumb to get rid of him and you need depth at receiver!

I can see Landry stepping into that role. I hoe so anyways.

I would make a point to really flash Gibson the next 2 weeks so that we could trade him for a good linebacker. I like Gibson but you have to give value to get value.

Unfortunately, Gibson might not have the same value to outsiders who haven't seen him like we have, especially coming off an injury. Gibson's TD to reception ratio is great over his career. He just has a sense on how to get open and make plays when they really count.

If Hartline can fetch us a LB or OL guy that can be instantly effective, I'd put him on a plane tomorrow. I think Landry could do his job better sooner than later.

BTW, I never see anything about Binns making plays. He was a sexy player last year but I've heard little this year.

Honestly. Right now. Its a toss up for our most polished and talented receiver between hartline and Gibson. No way do I move either of them. Hartline, Gibson, Wallace and Landry are the only 4 I give a crap about keeping. Gibson just has a knack for making the plays in the RZ and on 3rd downs. He's a bigger faster davone bess. Not much bigger though lol. I love hartline (I am a buckeye fan) and i think he's a great player, but Gibson might be my favorite player on offense other than tannehill.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom