This Is How The Dolphins Plan To Tank This Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is How The Dolphins Plan To Tank This Year

Armando Salguero and 90% of FH may be in agreement that we are set to tank and believe it's the correct strategy to get a decent QB, but that doesn't mean that the players who wear the Dolphin jersey are in on this. Players play to win. They want to compete. This may come as a shock to the FH members but the players do not play the game and the coaches do not coach to lose so that the team can get a top Draft pick.
Granted, the Cleveland Browns perfected the art of losing with terrible administration, terrible coaching appointments and terrible drafting, but they seem to be turning it around.

What is "Tank" the new Wall word....

Basically we are moving on from just we suck

To we Really Suck.... in which Tank is the more PC word that the new our poop doesn't stink crowd out there seems to be able to accept....

Same basic input hopefully with better knowledgeable staff but less effort to bring in justifiably better talent... So we can really suck.

Truthfully have no problem with this approach as long as they DO possibly upgrade one specific area in which OL would be my choice...

Oh heard Mr Owner Ross has the hots for Tua ..... please Mr Ross keep out of all the football decisions......because I think we can accept the 'Tank for another year, but another decade is inexcusable..

If this is true(which I think it is) then it really puts the pending Howard contract in additional light.

If your goal is to build the best roster going forward then I don't know how you don't explore trade value for him.

If a team offers you a late 1st round pick for him then how do you know seriously consider that?

IMO, If you don't have a QB and some decent protection for that QB in this league then you're not going anywhere.

You could have Dion Sanders playing one of the DB spots and it isn't happening without a strong offense.
And do what with that first? Hope and pray to get someone near his caliber? I feel like a lot of people in here think this is some type of ten year plan

And do what with that first? Hope and pray to get someone near his caliber? I feel like a lot of people in here think this is some type of ten year plan
Not that I agree on the face of it, but the thinking is not to "get someone of his caliber", but to ensure we have enough capital to acquire the QB of our choice.

He is really the only tradable asset we have aside from JT that we have, and he is making rumblings of wanting a huge contract.

When you put the two together, its not as cut and dried, IMO, as some see it.

Not that I agree on the face of it, but the thinking is not to "get someone of his caliber", but to ensure we have enough capital to acquire the QB of our choice.

He is really the only tradable asset we have aside from JT that we have, and he is making rumblings of wanting a huge contract.

When you put the two together, its not as cut and dried, IMO, as some see it.
It is ridiculous to trade your best Player on a what if or just in case. I understand if he were to be included in a trade to get us to a quarterback that we want but not for a draft pick so we can maybe use it to trade up. Chances are that if we do this bs Tank job we will be in position to get a quarterback we want assuming they declared

The reality is, we're going to be seeing what young players in 2019 deserve to be on the team going forward. Therefore we'll be playing a lot of inexperienced players next season. Therefore we aren't going to be winning a lot of games. So if that's called "tanking" then so be it. I think it's really called rebuilding mode. Sometimes you have to take 2 steps backwards to go 3 steps forward.

It is ridiculous to trade your best Player on a what if or just in case. I understand if he were to be included in a trade to get us to a quarterback that we want but not for a draft pick so we can maybe use it to trade up. Chances are that if we do this bs Tank job we will be in position to get a quarterback we want assuming they declared
I understand your position, and have no problem with it.

I don't, however, think it's "ridiculous" to consider all options.

You said it yourself, "Chances are".

Some don't want to leave it to chance.

Some think his price will be too high, and his trade value is now.

Do your very best to build a dominate trench. Either side of the ball!

Here's an example of what I mean. A dominate DB isn't going to stop Tom Brady. However, a dominant DL player has more of a chance of disrupting that game.

That goes for any QB really.

It's absolutely not ridiculous if your best player isn't someone that touches the ball 100-90% of the time.

X is unlikely to change the course of a game. But you better believe a QB has that opportunity based on touches.

It’s going to be interesting to see how far the Dolphins take this route. Happen to be a Knicks fan and frankly am as excited about the team as I have been in years and they have the worst record in the league.

I’m fairly certain Ross has come to the realization that Miami must break the cycle of mediocrity. In order to do so there are really only 2 ways - find a franchise QB and/ or bottom out.

As bad as this team has been, no player should be untouchable. Everyone is trade bait for the "right" price. You just better be sure you're getting enough in return.

As bad as this team has been, no player should be untouchable. Everyone is trade bait for the "right" price. You just better be sure you're getting enough in return.

That's it! No one on this team is untouchable. Everyone is available at a price. But the F.O. has to have a serious plan in place for any potential trades. You better know what you're doing.

I agree with ANU. It’s a total reset which means everyone is available at the right price. Tunsil & X have the greatest value- especially X who will be playing 2019 at bargain price.
My asking point for X would be Rd1 2019 & Rd 2 2019.
I would try to replace him with a Rd 1 CB whose price point I can control over next 5 years. I would invest the Rd2 Pick in the OL -

It’s a feasible ask from a team like Philly which may be 2-3 players away.
X contract next season makes him attractive.

That's it! No one on this team is untouchable. Everyone is available at a price. But the F.O. has to have a serious plan in place for any potential trades. You better know what you're doing.
That's the part that worries me. Can our FO make the right trade and gain enough from it? I don't trust Grier but if he does well then I'll give him credit. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom