This Is The Latest On Lavar | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Is The Latest On Lavar

Arrington and his dumb agent{s} screwed up....

He could have signed with someone at the start of the Free Agent period, and made more money than he will today. As a result of his ongoing contract demands, he's handcuffed himself because nobody has enough money to sign him anymore...

He's going to be forced to take less money no matter where he ends up. I'm sure our offer isn't going to be the same as it was a month ago, and that goes for all of the teams who were interested in him. He should have signed with someone weeks ago....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Well....I have no problem standing on an island by myself. I understand both sides of the argument about Lavar and I'll be disappointed if the Fins don't sign him.

I think he'd be a great player on the Fins and I'd be first in line to buy the #56 Arrington authentic jersey!

....and until he signs with a team (hopefully Miami), I'll just sit and read the daily "Latest news on Arrington" posts....yeah, you know the ones where you open it up and read "Any news on Arrington?" but the post is useless.

Frerotte -> Culpepper
Rosenfels -> Harrington(?)
Seau -> Arrington

:eating:

Finfan14 said:
why do people assume we are going to take a LB in the first now? We dont need LB's. Arrington would have been a luxury.....not a need.

I still think we are going to take the BPA and that will be Santonio Holmes.
We don't need LB's? Okay, we have Thomas who is slowing down a bit, Channing Crowder who, while showing great potential, but is as yet unproven, and after that who?

Miamian said:
We don't need LB's? Okay, we have Thomas who is slowing down a bit, Channing Crowder who, while showing great potential, but is as yet unproven, and after that who?

yep, lb is prob. a need that should be addressed in the draft. the starters are in good shape, but the need for depth is evident.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Guys, that "internet rumor" that the site speaks of...is one man's opinion from the site "mostvaluablenetwork.com."

I know this because I blog for the Dolphins section on there. I could go post right now that the Dolphins are about to trade for Peyton Manning, and it would hold just as much validity as that report.

We're still as much in the LaVar sweepstakes as anyone.

:yeahthat:

ckparrothead said:
Can I just thank the creator of this thread for posting a "Latest on LaVar" thread, that actually had the latest on LaVar in it, instead of a question asking people what the latest is on LaVar?

It was getting rather annoying coming on here and every other day a thread promising the latest on LaVar, just to have someone saying "does anyone know the latest?"

and :yeahthat:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Good. Now we can finally move on....

If Arrington wants to freeze his balls off up in NY, fine by me....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Dude......now I see why the Dolphins have so much trouble coming up here for cold weather games.........

It's really not that cold up here!! We're not talking about GB or Minnesota. :shakeno:

Mcganiel said:
You guys are right on. I live up in jersey and come down to miami for at least one game a year. Its amazing to see how fairweather our fan base is. Even as bad as the jets suck they still pack the staduim. Some times it sucks to be watching games up here and see the staduim packed with fans from the opposing team. Where are our fans in Florida! Much different attitude than North East pro football fans. When I go to a Giants game you feel like you are going into the Coliseum to watch gladiators fight, but when I'm walking up to the staduim in Miami I feel like I'm going to the Circus. But I still love my dolphins!

YEAH THAT!
i went to the dolphin vs eagle game couple of years ago.. it was monday nite game.. there was more eagle fans then dolphin fans and when they did that EAGLE CHANT IT WAS VERY LOUD.. i hope things change in the near future

Jimmy James said:
He's not a big enough talent to overcome injury issues and his freelancing. Nick gave him a chance to buy into a system that might make him a better player, and it looks like he passed. Time to move on to bigger and better things...

Well put. Very intelligent post. For the record, I would still love to have hime though.

Miamian said:

I'm by no means saying that we couldn't use ANY help at LB.....but we aren't desperate at the position either. Spragan and Hodge were Saban's FA pickups....so if he didn't think they could play, they wouldn't be here. I like what I've seen out of Pope everytime he's played......and despite the injury history of Eddie Moore, he's still here too....so that tells me that Saban sees something in him. Now, obviously Arrington would be an immediate upgrade over any of those......but don't take a 1st round LB unless you're certain that he would be as well.

I would hardly be surprised, and wouldn't mind if we took a LB at 16.....at the same time, I'd rather have a WR (Holmes please), OL, or CB/S type like Huff, J.Williams or J.Allen.

i'm not going to put much value into an "internet report"

Sethdaddy8 said:
i'm not going to put much value into an "internet report"
Everyone seems to be jumping the gun on this one. Nothing has been decided. Just be patient.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Speak for yourself....

Although I believe Arrington would be a solid addition, I'm not sold on him being the player that most fans hype him up to be, and he's certainly not worth the money he's asking for. My opinion wont change in those regards....

I'll support any decision Saban makes, but I don't have to go overboard in the process. What's best for the team is all that matters...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Wise words bro. I'm with you.

Speaking of our current LB's, where the hell has Eddie Moore been over the last three seasons???....

I'm wondering if he'll be healthy enough to make it to practice this year. I guess as long as he doesn't bump his toe, or twist his ankle while putting his cleats on, we'll be alright....

He's been a HUGE disappointment, and another Wanny draft selection we're still trying to figure out....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Miamian said:

You forget spragan and hodge, both are pretty good. Not super stars but quality guys. Cant have a pro bowl guy in every position.

burger13 said:
I'm by no means saying that we couldn't use ANY help at LB.....but we aren't desperate at the position either. Spragan and Hodge were Saban's FA pickups....so if he didn't think they could play, they wouldn't be here. I like what I've seen out of Pope everytime he's played......and despite the injury history of Eddie Moore, he's still here too....so that tells me that Saban sees something in him. Now, obviously Arrington would be an immediate upgrade over any of those......but don't take a 1st round LB unless you're certain that he would be as well.

I would hardly be surprised, and wouldn't mind if we took a LB at 16.....at the same time, I'd rather have a WR (Holmes please), OL, or CB/S type like Huff, J.Williams or J.Allen.

You read my mind!

I don't know guys, Spragan is projected as a starter.:eek: I'm not convinced. Then again, Nick calls the shots.

Back
Top Bottom