this just in: michael vick is overrated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

kastofsna120

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"yeah he may not have great stats, but he's a winner!"

uh, no he's not. when he plays against a good defense, he sucks. when HIS defense plays poorly, the falcons lose. vick is nothing special. he's a 2nd tier quarterback with way too much hype. let's close the book on him now

be careful. I spoke that kind of blasphemy before and was accused of being racist :lol:

Ive been a pretty big Vick supporter and Ive started to sour on him. I believe he listens to the hype and doesnt work on his game enough. He has the talent to be an effective passer also but he just never seems to get his mechanics or accuracy right. His arm is live and his talent is there, he just doesnt seem to be going forward, if anything he is regressing. Honestly if Im the Falcons I sign Schaub to a longer term deal and give Vick a one year chance to improve or get rid of him. I know thats blasphemy because he is a huge ticket draw, but hes holding that team back now. I never thought Id say that before this season.

Normally I hate the word "overrated" since the discussions normally don't go anywhere, but this is one I definitely agree with.

My jaw dropped and landed on the floor when I saw he was going to the Pro Bowl this year. The man has had precisely one pretty good year (2002) and a slew of average to mediocre ones. While the crop of NFC quarterbacks was weak due to injuries this year, give me a break, I'd even take Bledsoe over Vick.

Now keep in mind many of the great QBs out there took 3-4 years to get going (Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Dan Fouts, the latter who was terrible his first 3-4 years), but Michael doesn't seem to have developed one iota of the potential he has laid out and sportscasters seem to keep saying "he'll learn, eventually".

I'm wondering when that will be, as this is now his 5th season as a pro.

What's more, I hate the way officials bail him out. Anybody who saw the Falcons game this year remembers the bogus "hit out of bounds" that was flagged. Officials don't seem to want to let defenders tackle him when he takes off and runs!

Michael Vick is easy to solve, the Buccaneers figured it out 4 years ago--if you spy him the entire game, he is forced to stay in the pocket, and the man is a mediocre pocket passer. He looked good against our inexperienced secondary but big deal, so did Brooks Bollinger, and he will be bagging groceries in 6 years.

finfansince72 said:
Ive been a pretty big Vick supporter and Ive started to sour on him. I believe he listens to the hype and doesnt work on his game enough. He has the talent to be an effective passer also but he just never seems to get his mechanics or accuracy right. His arm is live and his talent is there, he just doesnt seem to be going forward, if anything he is regressing. Honestly if Im the Falcons I sign Schaub to a longer term deal and give Vick a one year chance to improve or get rid of him. I know thats blasphemy because he is a huge ticket draw, but hes holding that team back now. I never thought Id say that before this season.

Does anybody else find it funny that back in 2000-2001 everybody called him the QB of the future and supposedly, the new legion of quarterbacks would be multi-dimensional scrambling QBs, and now Donovan McNabb has settled down and become more of a pocket passer (somewhat due to injuries, but even before the hernia he didn't scramble so much, and he became so much better), Steve McNair settled down and became more of a pocket passer....all of the scrambling backs except Vick seemed to learn how to be pocket passers and Vick seems to think he doesn't need to learn it.

Said it since last year. Unfortunatly I wasnt on this board last year to share that news flash. Teams are learning how to stop Vick from scrambling, and vick sucks when he passes. He is too used to looking at Crumpler then running. The guy hasnt passes for 3 TDs his entire five year carrer and is supposed to be one of the best. Even Gus Frerotte has passed for 3 TDs before.

Nappy Roots said:
He made the pro bowl

think the coaches and players think he sucks?

another pro bowl argument.

Big FREAKIN DEAL. So what if he made the Pro Bowl? The Pro Bowl nominees operate the same way as student council nominees did when you were in elementary school--popularity and hype rather than performance (and yes this even applies to the votes cast by players/coaches).

Kordell Stewart made the damn Pro Bowl once. Let's rave about him too.

RobFins2005 said:
another pro bowl argument.

Big FREAKIN DEAL. So what if he made the Pro Bowl? The Pro Bowl nominees operate the same way as student council nominees did when you were in elementary school--popularity and hype rather than performance (and yes this even applies to the votes cast by players/coaches).

Kordell Stewart made the damn Pro Bowl once. Let's rave about him too.

Players/Coaches opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>urs

Nappy Roots said:
Players/Coaches opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>urs

Bottom line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Coaches Opinions

You can defend him all you like, you have yet to refute the fact that he is overhyped and not as productive as a Franchise QB should be. He isnt either Manning, Brady, Hell, i'd go so far to say he aint even a Brunell

Notice the Falcons will be sitting at home like us, but they have this revolutionary QB at the helm :sidelol:

Yeah, lets adopt that strategy

Back
Top Bottom