this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

Nappy Roots said:
Players/Coaches opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>urs

Your spelling<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<a 3rd grader's

Nappy Roots said:
hes got a horrible rating? hes got just as good a rating as the great Eli Manning.

And better than the likes of Brett Favre, and our own Gus Frerotte.

With much less weapons.

If passer rating is the sole method you evaluate quarterbacks, no wonder I disagree with you.

Numbers only tell one half of the story.

Let's first look at two solid facts--Eli Manning is in his SECOND season as QB, first as starter. The fact that he's struggling is not surprising. Michael Vick is a 5th year veteran whom, while he has suffered injuries, should have developed more by now.

Brett Favre is on the downswing of his career.

How being better than Gus Frerotte (which is arguable, as both are inaccurate throwers) makes him a "great" quarterback is beyond me. The logic doesn't follow through.

Nappy Roots said:
who cares if Manning is in his 2nd year. Vick has only had 3 full seasons under his belt. Manning is suppose to be a better passer.

What a silly argument. By that logic, this is Manning's first "full season" as he only played a portion of last year. :rolleyes:

Manning is a better passer. And he is going to fly right by Vick in a year or two. Look at how different Carson Palmer looked from last year to this year. That will be Eli.

RobFins2005 said:
If passer rating is the sole method you evaluate quarterbacks, no wonder I disagree with you.

Numbers only tell one half of the story.

Let's first look at two solid facts--Eli Manning is in his SECOND season as QB, first as starter. The fact that he's struggling is not surprising. Michael Vick is a 5th year veteran whom, while he has suffered injuries, should have developed more by now.

Brett Favre is on the downswing of his career.

How being better than Gus Frerotte (which is arguable, as both are inaccurate throwers) makes him a "great" quarterback is beyond me. The logic doesn't follow through.

case u missed the rest of the thread, i wasnt the first one to bring up QB rating, i simply responded to it. nice try though.

Nappy Roots said:

That doesn't even make sense. The "playing a violin" joke doesn't work or make sense in this context. It would make sense if I said "OH MY GODDDD I HAD SUCH A HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK TODAY I LOST A CRAYON" and you posted it right after....

RobFins2005 said:
That doesn't even make sense. The "playing a violin" joke doesn't work or make sense in this context. It would make sense if I said "OH MY GODDDD I HAD SUCH A HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK TODAY I LOST A CRAYON" and you posted it right after....

:shakeno: try puttin ur cursor over the violin......

Nappy Roots said:
case u missed the rest of the thread, i wasnt the first one to bring up QB rating, i simply responded to it. nice try though.

Bottom line is, Michael Vick is not all that dangerous of a quarterback anymore. He has legs to run on, but by now, more and more teams have figured out how to stop him from taking off on the ground. The Bucs wrote the formula on it years ago.

If Michael Vick doesn't learn how to be a more efficient pocket passer, than eventually he'll never be able to take off and run. If he learns to be a pocket passer, then teams will no longer be able to "spy" him and then he would truly be "dangerous". Until then he's a running back with a cannon for an arm with mediocre accuracy.

RobFins2005 said:

Rob, ease up, it's the Holidays man.

RobFins2005 said:
Bottom line is, Michael Vick is not all that dangerous of a quarterback anymore. He has legs to run on, but by now, more and more teams have figured out how to stop him from taking off on the ground. The Bucs wrote the formula on it years ago.

If Michael Vick doesn't learn how to be a more efficient pocket passer, than eventually he'll never be able to take off and run. If he learns to be a pocket passer, then teams will no longer be able to "spy" him and then he would truly be "dangerous". Until then he's a running back with a cannon for an arm with mediocre accuracy.

:sidelol:

Nappy Roots said:
:shakeno: try puttin ur cursor over the violin......

Still doesn't make any sense.

You might want to take the extra two seconds to actually spell out the word "your" as well, it isn't that difficult.

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

Your retorts are excellent, being as that you don't actually make any arguments and just dodge everything. Thanks for proving my point.

RobFins2005 said:
Still doesn't make any sense.

You might want to take the extra two seconds to actually spell out the word "your" as well, it isn't that difficult.

sorry sir! didnt know i had a teacher correcting my grammer!

Back
Top Bottom