this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

Nappy Roots said:
Of course if you cant throw as well as run as a running QB than you cant win a superbowl. i never said that.

the fact that hes not as bad a passer as most of u believe is the problem.

Well that's the bottom line isn't it? Unless you rather have a QB who will make Chris Berman's top plays of the week instead of actually winning Super Bowls.

Nappy Roots said:
and when u actually bring up something that matters ill bring more to table than :shakeno: & :rolleyes:

Stats & Logic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:shakeno: & :rolleyes:

Everyday of the week.

kastofsna120 said:
yeah, he has. 0-2 as well

actually no he hasnt. hes been very good agaisnt TB.

and so when he loses its his fault, but when hes winning, hes not a winner, its the team?

Nick is God said:
Well that's the bottom line isn't it? Unless you rather have a QB who will make Chris Berman's top plays of the week instead of actually winning Super Bowls.

yea it is the bottom line. but Vick will win a superbowl before he retires. possibly multiple. cause as i said, he isnt as bad of a passer as you guys are making him out to be.

Nappy Roots said:
actually no he hasnt. hes been very good agaisnt TB.

and so when he loses its his fault, but when hes winning, hes not a winner, its the team?
you haven't watched the games. vick completed passes against the bucs, something he hasn't done before, but he was very average. he folded under pressure, still made bad decisions, and couldn't run at all

the point is that he's playing pretty much the same as always (arguably better), but no one can call him a winner anymore, because HIS TEAM isn't winning. that was everyone's argument for vick. "but he's a winner." uh, no he's not. he's the same player, but they're not winning. HMMMMMM, maybe vick isn't a one-man army? average quarterback who relies on his team more than anyone

Nappy Roots said:
yea it is the bottom line. but Vick will win a superbowl before he retires. possibly multiple. cause as i said, he isnt as bad of a passer as you guys are making him out to be.

If he wins the SB it won't be solely because of him. Just like any other QB he will need a good running game, solid recievers and a good D. He is not a guy like Marino that will take his team to the SB on his shoulders..IMO.

kastofsna120 said:
you haven't watched the games. vick completed passes against the bucs, something he hasn't done before, but he was very average. he folded under pressure, still made bad decisions, and couldn't run at all

the point is that he's playing pretty much the same as always (arguably better), but no one can call him a winner anymore, because HIS TEAM isn't winning. that was everyone's argument for vick. "but he's a winner." uh, no he's not. he's the same player, but they're not winning. HMMMMMM, maybe vick isn't a one-man army? average quarterback who relies on his team more than anyone

how exactly is his team not winning with they have a winning record.

and i did watch the games, im in the Tampa area and a fan of Vick. i definitly watched the games. how was he average when he put up 24 points against that defense. and had ATLs defense been able to make a stop everyonce in a while they would of gotten the ball back and scored even more.

how did he make bad decisions when he had 0 INTs. and he couldnt run at all? he was their leading rushing saturday.

ether79 said:
If he wins the SB it won't be solely because of him. Just like any other QB he will need a good running game, solid recievers and a good D. He is not a guy like Marino that will take his team to the SB on his shoulders..IMO.

of course, no one could take a team to the SB by himself, not even marino. Marino only went to 1 superbowl.

Nappy Roots said:
of course, no one could take a team to the SB by himself, not even marino. Marino only went to 1 superbowl.

Well the D was pretty good, but that prolific O was all Marino and he did make it to that one on his arm alone.

Nappy Roots said:

Of course he could win one, but from what I have seen I highly doubt it and also time could be running short for him. If you look at all the great QB's in the past and present who could run, as their careers progressed the less they did run because of the pounding they took. Elway, McNair, Young, McNabb, they all ran less as the years went by but the difference between them and Vick is that still had their arms to fall back on and that's what made them great.

Unless Vick becomes a better passer than he has shown - and while he doesn't suck I wouldn't suggest he's good despite what you say - he will become another Kordell Stewart, another great running QB who couldn't throw and was done as a starting QB but the time he was 30.

I seriously cannot believe Michael Vick made Pro Bowl, I mean I could understand if he was the #1 choice by the fans but didn't Eli get just as many if not more votes than him?? I don't think either of them deserve Pro Bowl, it should be Matt Hasselbeck, maybe Jake Delhomme, and third would be probably Mark Brunell. Some guys I would take over Vick and Eli, would be... Drew Bledsoe and hell even Brad Johnson over Vick!
Brunell got jipped big time...

Mark Brunell- 22 TD's 9 INT's, almost 60%, almost 3000 yards, 87.8 QB Rating. Team Record: 9-6 (Most likely will make wild cards, possible division)

Michael Vick- 15 TD's 12 INT's, 54.8%, 2297 yards, 74. 1 QB Rating, 597 rushing yards, 6 Touchdowns 8-7 (I think 8-6 with Vick starting) Eliminated from Playoff Contention.

Eli Manning- 23 TD's 17 INT's, 52.9% 3558 yards, 75.1 QB Rating Team Record: 10-5 (clinched playoffs, most likely will win NFC East)

Nick is God said:
Of course he could win one, but from what I have seen I highly doubt it and also time could be running short for him. If you look at all the great QB's in the past and present who could run, as their careers progressed the less they did run because of the pounding they took. Elway, McNair, Young, McNabb, they all ran less as the years went by but the difference between them and Vick is that still had their arms to fall back on and that's what made them great.

Unless Vick becomes a better passer than he has shown - and while he doesn't suck I wouldn't suggest he's good despite what you say - he will become another Kordell Stewart, another great running QB who couldn't throw and was done as a starting QB but the time he was 30.

tough love

I just cant believe he made the Pro Bowl. That is just beyond rediculous. That is just pathetic. I think Gus has more yards than Vick this year. Atlanta isnt even making the playoffs this year and he still makes the Pro Bowl? Unbelievable.

It's a shame Vick hasn't become a better pocket passer because he certainly has a rocket arm but his accuracy just plain sucks. He throws well to the tight ends but that's just it. You can talk about how he has no big game receivers all you want, Brett Favre (up until this year) was playing well with complete rejects at WR the last few years (until Javon Walker emerged). Vick misses wide open targets and throws behind them all the time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom