this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

kastofsna120 said:
"yeah he may not have great stats, but he's a winner!"

uh, no he's not. when he plays against a good defense, he sucks. when HIS defense plays poorly, the falcons lose. vick is nothing special. he's a 2nd tier quarterback with way too much hype. let's close the book on him now

I agree he is probably 2nd tier. Not a true "franchise" QB.

edit: saw this on an espn chat.

Nick (North Augusta): Why don't Miami or NYJ go after a more proven young quarterback in Matt Shaub rather than Phillip Rivers?

clear.gif
Jeremy Green: (12:18 PM ET ) Teams will inquire abut Schaub and also Garrard. Where is San Diego is sold on Brees I can't say the same thing about Vick in Atlanta or Leftwich is Jax. I don't think Atlanta or Jax would be willing to deal their backup. And yes I know Vick is going to the Pro Bowl but that is an absolute JOKE.

I can't stand him.... Before our game with the Falcons my family (Bucs fans) told me to watch how the refs won't allow a person to touch him with out giving up a 15 yrd penalty.... Wow they were so right. He has a horrible Passer rating and they say he is a great QB!!! I would rather have Fielder back before we have a Vick on our team.

ffphin said:
I can't stand him.... Before our game with the Falcons my family (Bucs fans) told me to watch how the refs won't allow a person to touch him with out giving up a 15 yrd penalty.... Wow they were so right. He has a horrible Passer rating and they say he is a great QB!!! I would rather have Fielder back before we have a Vick on our team.

I don't know about that, but he is a WINNER too right?

ffphin said:

hes got a horrible rating? hes got just as good a rating as the great Eli Manning.

And better than the likes of Brett Favre, and our own Gus Frerotte.

With much less weapons.

ether79 said:
I don't know about that, but he is a WINNER too right?

hes got a below average OLine, a bad WR crew, and a bad defense, and they got a winning record, yea, id say he is a winner.

Nappy Roots said:
hes got a below average OLine, a bad WR crew, and a bad defense, and they got a winning record, yea, id say he is a winner.

That Oline is pretty good. And the WRs are definitely a bit of a dissapointment but I wouldn't say that defense is bad... I don't know, he just isn't a QB I'd think of right away when talking about top level QBs.

Nappy Roots said:
hes got a horrible rating? hes got just as good a rating as the great Eli Manning.

And better than the likes of Brett Favre, and our own Gus Frerotte.

With much less weapons.
manning's in his second year, favre is going to retire (playing with MUCH LESS than vick), and if you're trying to defend vick by saying he has a better rating than frerotte, then your argument really doesn't need to be stated

vick has dunn, duckett, roddy white, michael jenkins, and alge crumpler. MUCH LESS?

kastofsna120 said:
manning's in his second year, favre is going to retire (playing with MUCH LESS than vick), and if you're trying to defend vick by saying he has a better rating than frerotte, then your argument really doesn't need to be stated

vick has dunn, duckett, roddy white, michael jenkins, and alge crumpler. MUCH LESS?

That is true 4 1st rounders and one high 2nd at postions around him. Like I said I just don't really think he is near that upper echelon of QBs and wouldn't want him on my team.

ether79 said:
That Oline is pretty good. And the WRs are definitely a bit of a dissapointment but I wouldn't say that defense is bad... I don't know, he just isn't a QB I'd think of right away when talking about top level QBs.

no their Oline is not "pretty good". they cant pass block for ****. and their defense is bad infact. with their offense their defense should be much much better. ATL has the best rushing attack in the league, but they cant stop the run 1 single bit, and when other teams arent running on them, De Hall is the only guy in that secondary whose play is worth mentioning.

kastofsna120 said:

who cares if Manning is in his 2nd year. Vick has only had 3 full seasons under his belt. Manning is suppose to be a better passer.

your right about Favre, he does have much less than vick. and i was just mentioning Gus cause thats our QB.

Dunn and Duckett are running backs, not people for him to throw it to. Roddy White and Jenkins cant run routes and get open yet. Everytime vick throws to one of them theres someone drapped all over them cause they cant get any seperation.

all he has is Crumpler.

Nappy Roots said:
no their Oline is not "pretty good". they cant pass block for ****. and their defense is bad infact. with their offense their defense should be much much better. ATL has the best rushing attack in the league, but they cant stop the run 1 single bit, and when other teams arent running on them, De Hall is the only guy in that secondary whose play is worth mentioning.

Ahh I think its ok. They sure as hell could pass block against our D. Their D definitely faded around mid year, but through the first 5-6 games I remember they were leading the league or 2nd in sacks and fairly high in takeaways.

ether79 said:
Ahh I think its ok. They sure as hell could pass block against our D. Their D definitely faded around mid year, but through the first 5-6 games I remember they were leading the league or 2nd in sacks and fairly high in takeaways.

yea, they did pass block well agaisnt us. an Vick had a pretty good game agaisnt us passing, while also winning the football game.

yea their D was playing well the first half of the year. they were also 6-2 losing to only the likes of NE and Seattle before their Defense impoded.

also, i agree with you ether, he is a 2nd tier "QB". But with his Legs on a 2nd tier "QB" is a very dangerous player, that i would take anyday on my team.

Nappy Roots said:
also, i agree with you ether, he is a 2nd tier "QB". But with his Legs on a 2nd tier "QB" is a very dangerous player, that i would take anyday on my team.
Not gonna disagree at all about the threat he poses.

FinsNCanes said:
I think he's overrated as well..

Agreed!!..The guy's fun to watch but I wouldn't want to sculpt a team around him, he's to eratic & I think he's overrated....

Back
Top Bottom